Alfa Romeo Giulia | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo Giulia

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by TheMayor, Nov 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Probably similar to the changes on the 4C. There are differences between European and U.S. cars you know.....Some are in the front and rear crash zones.

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Also additional air bags for US cars.

3. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Don't think so. 4C is a different car due to it lightweight'ness and low production volume......

Never heard of differences between US and EU cars based on safety measures other than sidemarkers.

4. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Not sure what modifications they did, but if you listen to this presentation video he states the Giulia US weight of just under 3600lbs. At the European launch in Milan Alfa stated a weight of just over 3400lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn6Jb_MiIbY&feature=youtu.be

5. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Could be the diff. between EU and US legislation on how to present car weights.

6. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    The guilia closest competitor will be the jaguar XE.....

Both with poor residuals so lease numbers won't be competitive to bmws so unit sales volume will be challenged.

Reliability out of warranty makes purchasing out right instead of leasing a tough choice as well...

Those are two issues that both jaguar and alfa will have to find a solution for if they want to successfully penetrate this segment....

The alfa seems great but if you were leasing would you really pay more than a comparable BMW 3 series?

Would the jaguar XE make you want to pay more per month over a three year lease than the usual 3 series?

Tough call on any lease in this segment....

Hopefully the guilia is so fantastic a drive that the extra cost of ownership is worth it?

7. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I'm strongly considering the Giulia as my next car. As mentioned above however, many things will factor into the decision, mostly value against the obvious competion, and overall build quality and longetivity. The latter will be hard to discern at first blush. I tend to pay off my DDs and keep them for a while.
    Greg

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

8. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Agreed, the leases most likely will not be competitive with the BMW and the Benz, people will have to be willing to pay up if they want the Alfa.

9. fskof

fskof Karting

Nov 23, 2005
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'm looking at the Giulia QV to replace my Mini Cooper "S" as my next daily driver. I want a car that is exciting to drive ( unlike what BMW, Audi, M-B have turned into) and a package that is put together well. I hope this car lives up to the hype.

The Jaguar XE is also on my list. They really have improved on quality! Many choices out there today but most new cars are lacking that intimate feeling that the past cars had.

I can't wait for the reviews from Chris Harris and some of the other journalists on the Guilia!

10. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    Many of my friends who are car enthusiasts and have a strong preference for German have noticed the Alfa and are super interested in that car.

I think that in itself is a achievement.

11. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #36 Thomas Magnum, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. Sfiga

Sfiga Karting

Jan 23, 2014
    Styling is a bit traditional but in a good way at least. It has nice lines and I think it will age well.

13. dt34

dt34 Rookie

Aug 20, 2013
    Michigan
    Seeing it in black and in grey is making me rethink buying an M2. Hope this car will be in Detroit next month.

14. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    I'll be trading in my BMW 3 Series on one if it drives like it appears to. I don't care about lease deals, I want to buy one outright and drive the wheels off it. I will probably wait till 2nd year of production however, since the reliability issues mentioned about Alfa are a tab bit worrisome.

15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Looks really good in dark silver. Not digging the red. The silver pops out the curves better and the red flattens it.

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Funny I'm thinking the same thing. Mini took all the life out of the latest one. I'm sure they will sell more but its just not as much fun as the first one. The turbo engine is really boring. It has ample power for it's size but there's no emotion.

From what I can see from the brochure all the Guilia Quadrafolios are with a 6 speed manual, which would be shocking. At least the dealer can't order automatics. Maybe that's the point.

17. fskof

fskof Karting

Nov 23, 2005
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I agree with you 100% I have a 2005 that I have had since new and every generation after that got bigger, heavier and less fun to drive.

I really hope the Guilia lives up to the hype. I need a new daily driver and I just don't want another BMW.

I can't wait for the test reviews!

18. fskof

fskof Karting

Nov 23, 2005
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Full Name:
    Frank
    The latest Car Magazine has a article about the Giulia

19. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Cool, I'll check it out thanks

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

20. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

when will we get to see this car? I am holding off on a 4 door replacement to my bmw.

21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    looks just like a bimmer

22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The Quadrofolio's (the expensive ones with 505 HP) are coming the middle of next year. I think the regular ones a few months later.

In typical Alfa fashion, no one really knows. It was supposed to be early next year but that date was moved.

23. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

Bob,

Do you have rough order of magnitude pricing on the 505 hp version?

24. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yes. About 75K. They are fully loaded (including shields --LOL!). Manual only. Only available in 3 colors I believe.

Seems to be super quick. The motor will be in the new Dino but probably pumped to like 550 HP.

The "normal" cars will be very similar to the 3 series prices 45-65 K. I think delivery of those is Fall 2016. Look for them in Fiat and Maserati "stand alone" dealers. Ferrari dealers will not be selling them.

Some dealers had early 4c's way over MSRP but that dropped pretty quickly. Most 4c's were sold at MSRP and I'm guessing it will be the same with the QF Guilia.

25. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Great stats very impressive. I expected more on the styling but it looks alot better than that 4 door Porsche..

Hmmm ... maybe a Zagato version???