New Top Gear | FerrariChat

New Top Gear

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Igor Ound, Dec 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  2. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I always felt like Harris was the logical choice to be on the show. He's great. Schmitz is a curve ball though...gone will be the ww2 jokes (which old TG loved)

3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    The way I see it is Clarkson and co. will make the new Top Gear and the BBC will make a sort of new Fifth Gear.

4. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    I will give it a try. I like them all individually but chemistry will be the question. It certainly won't be the same but I have Amazon Fire too so I'm happy

5. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    I think it will be like American Top Gear awful.

6. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    This.

Problem is I don't remember Sabine Schmitz as being all that funny, except in an awkward German sort of way.

7. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Chris Harris has the skills to drive that James May, Hamster, or Clarkson, dreamed that they could have. Sabine is also an exceptional driver. Sabine is also very blunt which I find to be funny.

8. sca037

sca037 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    Northville, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    This exactly! ^^^

9. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Nothing a massive production budget and great writers can't fix. The chemistry will take time to develop but it'll no doubt be interesting.

10. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    I seem to remember it all being a bit awkward when new top gear first started so I'll give it a chance. Saying that, I'm not a fan of Harris at all.

11. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    So do I . Whether you "car guys" like it or not Top Gear was entertaining. I love my Speciale but there is so long I can listen to some one drone on and one about Slide slip control and 0 - 100 times...

I think it will be a borefest but I will watch it at least once.

12. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Just watching a top gear tribute special on the bbc with talking heads and everything. Top Gear is dead, long live top gear

13. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

you are correct.

14. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Harris is awesome, but he's just not Top Gear. I hope the Beebs crashes and burns with this one, and it looks like they will. Too bad, so sad.

15. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    The only reason I watched Top Gear was to see three guys having a good time and joking around. The new hosts don't interest me even a little bit.

16. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    I'll watch cause I'll watch almost anything related to cars but it won't come even close to the Clarkson era....

17. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    I will miss the jokes....

18. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I think they'd be better off not calling it Top Gear...big shoes to fill, and the comparisons will doom them unless the show is brilliant.

Let's face it...Clarkson et al were rehashing the same jokes and gags and running out of ideas themselves.

They should start with a clean slate and relaunch a car show in a new style.

19. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    i'm actually quite happy to see another team have a go at it.

20. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    reports are that filming is massively delayed because Evan's can't drive and talk at the same time.

Sack the ginger haired idiot, give the job to richard porter, or harry metcalfe. Done.

21. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I watched Chris Harris videos the last few weeks. I found him stale and boring. Every car he tests seems to be the best for him.

The original TG boys OTOH, always finds both the positive and negative about the cars they test, cue the awesome jokes

22. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I think this will be a big issue, she is not a native English speaker and it will really affect her delivery..
    However, I do look forward to seeing more car reviews. TG had started to become too much of an entertainment show. The reviews, especially by Clarkson had started to become borderline ludicrous.

23. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    The cars were not why I watched the original top gear

24. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    On an individual basis I can't see them reviewing better then the originals and even Fifth Gear. As a group can't see them meshing well. I'll watch it but doubt it will be good.