Age of the Countach buyer | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Age of the Countach buyer

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by EarlyCat, Jan 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

If you bought a Countach in the last 2 years, how old were you?

1. 25 years old and under

2. 26 - 36 years old

3. 37 - 45 years old

4. 46 - 55 years old

5. 56 and up

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Just a fun thread. I thought about starting another poll for the rest, like myself that bought sometime ago & then compare age before the price run up. I tried adding another poll in this thread, but can't - yet anyways. 26 was certainly rock star!

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    So do I win a prize for youngest Countach owner?

Interesting thing is, of all the Countach owners I knew personally from the late 1980s, I'm the only one (I know of) who still has one.

Clearly, I have not grown up.

ijvpet likes this.
  3. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I do.

Did you know that even though a Countach is not a 3-seater like a McLaren F1, it can still carry 2 female passengers?

Also, did you know that if you take a Countach DD on the motorway at night in a high-speed bid, if you listen carefully as it approaches 180 mph, the engine actually becomes quieter? ;)

But alas, I don't want to go off-topic, so back to the Age of the Countach buyer thread.

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I had this one too - wish I cld find it

5. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Bought mine in 1987 at age 26, less then 3 years out of college. Had the poster as far back as I can remember. In the 80's the goals were Countach, gold rolex, and a cigarette boat. Still have 2 of them.

6. 2aftercannonball

2aftercannonball Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2006
    #31 2aftercannonball, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Happy New Year!

38, 14 years ago. Just purchased my first Countach poster @ 52.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. gday

gday Formula 3

Sep 10, 2004
    CA, USA - NSW, AUS
    Full Name:
    Mick
    Ok, but is it the *same* one? ;-) Idea for another poll, who has owned one (as in same one) the longest.... original owner etc...

-mick

8. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    #33 johnhoughtaling, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    Joe,

26? Wow. Beat me by at least a year. My first big case wasn't until the week before I turned 28 (when I bought mine.) The shahs SV was at 31, so even though you beat me to owning it bf me, maybe I beat you to this by age?

9. mikael82

mikael82 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2007
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael
    Not in this group ;)

maybe 23 is not "rock star material" ,but I saw in that time; If I do not do this now, there will not be another change and car that looked like that was all too cheap.

10. RedCT

RedCT Rookie

Nov 25, 2011
    Novi MI
    Full Name:
    Luis Beltran
    I bought mine at 49, as I promised myself to own one before I turned 50..

ijvpet likes this.
  11. DaniT

DaniT Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2015
    Czech Republic, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Daniel T.
    I have sent you a PM.

12. Doc_K

Doc_K Karting

Oct 19, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Full Name:
    Ian K.
    If everything I'm working on pans out this year, I will be 25 when buying mine. :)

13. ElvisNasty

ElvisNasty Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Elvis Jenkins Nasty
    I was 34 when I bought mine.

I had never heard of the car or seen one until age 34, I've never been a "car guy" in general. I didn't have any posters or childhood dreams.

My friend left a copy of Hemmings at my house and I saw a few in the classified section while doing some bathroom reading. When I found out the countach exists, I just thought it was really cool and decided to buy one ASAP. Within a few months, there was a Countach in my garage.

14. Redlambo

Redlambo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2004
    Pendergrass GA
    Full Name:
    Vic Woloschinow
    Never heard of a Countach until 34, turn in your man card now!
    Just kidding. Vic

I was 38 when I purchased mine back in the Spring 2003.

15. smglop

smglop Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2005
    I bought my 1st @27 and my 2nd @44

16. RedCT

RedCT Rookie

Nov 25, 2011
    Novi MI
    Full Name:
    Luis Beltran
    Wow, all owners here are brilliant people and successful professionals, I don't know why I actually managed to own one, it certainly was my dream, but my pay level would only allow me to pay bills, I was never good at selling or doing anything, just managed to have average jobs and actually got fired twice, I have never been promoted not even once, barely only tolerated at each job, I am beginning to think these cars actually belong to all those who have a wallet that can cover all the expenses to own them, and can brag about their skills and success, as many say, some of us bottom feeders ended up owning cars that are worth now more than our houses, and we accidentally had a chance to buy them when were cheap, I think I am going to move over and not pretend I am one of the real owners and higher level people, and once the frenzy is over, I will pass it on to a more worthy owner, now I am even scared of driving it! I see people driving dangerously close just to look at it, I am probably better off and more in the right group buying an old Lotus Esprit, or cobra kit car, this thread was actually very helpful to understand my place,

17. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
    This makes me sad - Congrats to all that have purchased a Countach. Wish I was 25 10 years ago, I would have taken a loan and bought a Contact for $100k...

18. Attitude928

Attitude928 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    Cool car...but I couldn't fit my head in...

19. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I also wish I was one of you guys. Allways wanted one, came very close a few times but never happened. I should have done it when it was time but the financial part of it was just a bit too high for me when a car would show up in an affordable price for me, now I know I will never have one. You are a bunch of lucky guys to own a so nice piece of history.

Congrats to all of you who could make it happen. I wanted one since I was 11yo, and I'm now 53.

20. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
    #45 BBoyJmE, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I wanted one since as far as I remember, 3 years old or something. I grew up to pics of my dads Countach - he bought it in 1982 - he would have been 33 at the time. I grew up wanting to buy my dad another (he got bankrupt due to the Lebanese civil war) looks like it's not going to happen, I honestly get emotional talking about the CT...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. RedCT

RedCT Rookie

Nov 25, 2011
    Novi MI
    Full Name:
    Luis Beltran
    i think this is pretty funny,, you may skip to the almost end if it, :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmcI1vnOskA[/ame]

22. ElvisNasty

ElvisNasty Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Elvis Jenkins Nasty

Dude i know! Now I wonder how the existence of this car eluded me for 3 decades. I think maybe it was because I was never into cars growing up, I was into sports and everyone I knew drove the cheapest cars possible.

Congrats on buying early.

23. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    #48 DadsFerrari, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    Great thread; another thought to ponder is, "what was it like to own a Countach in the 70s,80s,90s,until today?" Has the CT always been insanely appreciated by the masses, and not cast aside when the Diablo replaced it? I got my white CT poster in the mid 80s as a kid, and the poster was rolled up through the 90s until I relocated it to my garage at long last. I can recall only seeing a CT in person on 3 occasions before the Diablo came out.

1984 NYC Auto show, red, as a kid
    1990 Italian Car Day Brookline MA- blk/blk CT owned by geriatric "Mr.Bean"- Dom Perignon iced bottle onboard
    1990 Lee Imported Cars has 2 Anniversarios, white and red together in showroom

Clearly it was a rare enough sight for me to remember only 3 sightings, as I was around Ferraris all the time as kid, but I knew I liked the rare Lambo MORE!!!!

I do reflect now on the 2007 Sports Car Market issue where a CT project car sold for well under 100k .... Clearly that was the bottom of the market. I think that CT ended up in Cali mounted on a wall without an engine in it!!! wtf!@

24. orangelp400

orangelp400 Karting

Mar 17, 2012
    York UK
    Full Name:
    stephen
    I bought mine in my early 40s .

I do not think it is a case of owners waking up around 40 years of age with a mid-life crisis and buying a Countach ( and many seem to be around 40 when they bought their car) but more a case of people who have loved the car from afar for a long time , and when they are at the peak of their career able, at last, to afford one, or able to scrounge enough money together to buy one and hope the financial crisis resulting will ease eventually!