Alfa Romeo 4c who has one? | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo 4c who has one?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by ferrari#7, Jul 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari#7

ferrari#7 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2008
    Yes trying to find out what everyone thinks of the 4c. I looked at one today. Any info. Thanks

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #2 TheMayor, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Everything the Mayor said and my brief review from last month.

Only have a couple hundred miles at this point, mostly 2 lane winding country roads that have been patched instead of re paved.

- the car is an event ever time u get in it
    - very purposeful design
    - she does not seem overly small, feels bigger than she actually is
    - sight lines to me are pretty much a non issue, side view mirrors are good, rear view is fine unless backing up
    - do not understand all of the negative manual steering comments. Unless u are attempting to turn the wheel at a dead stop which I was alway told that is something that u shouldn't do then then the steering is very easy to manage.
    - the car is rock solid, no fenders or hood or suspension flapping around over bumps, very well damped. You will feel it but it's all one piece, impressed here.
    - plenty of power and the torque is always available and I have yet to get on it
    - fo me it's the perfect size, I'm 5'10" about 162, sometimes right butt cheek can get a little sore so I shift around
    - have not noticed any drone, I have the race exhaust

She makes all the right sounds from the time u open the door and the fuel system starts to pressurize to the time u turn the key. DCT is pretty dam good IMO, must say I'm impressed, have not driven it in full auto mode yet as it's too much fun shifting. Love the downshift blip of the throttle. Finally listened to the stero utilizing my iPod, it's not great by any means but it is better than I initially thought. Can always have it upgraded but I'm content with it for now.

Complaints about the cheap interior are way off base, especially if u do the full leather pkg on the dash and doors. People also complain about the AC/Heat Fan controls, I mean really are we going to ***** about fan controls? You turn the knobs to what you specifically want to accomplish, so easy and no complication with icons and haptic feedback etc. Inside storage is pretty good for your insurance card and registration, but it's pretty tough to find a place for your non installed front plate.

Have received more comments and honks and people yelling "What kind of car is that" in the short time that I have owned her it's actually pretty funny. Coupe or Spyder...can go either way, I prefer the coupe because I just feel the overall lines are better but I do miss out on the open air motoring, but for me this car provides so much stimuli I can live without the removable top.

As the Mayor said, you won't see these built again. I think Alfa really took a flyer on this car and it's probably a once in a lifetime build for them with something so radical and purposeful. They had to know that there are just not enough diehards to actually make a sensible business case and yet they had the guts to build it. Bravo Alfa...

4. umsneeze

umsneeze Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    IMHO it's the modern Dino that Ferrari can't build.

5. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Looks best from the front.

6. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I am placing an order for a 2017 coupe this coming Saturday�� I took a test drive last weekend and could not believe how much fun it is. Bravo Alfa.

7. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #7 360Tom, Jul 26, 2016
    I love the death out of mine. It's like having a shifter go kart for the street. Minus the sore ribs and sweating...lol

It's a blast to drive on the track, I've had mine out at Willow and AutoClub Speedway. It's quite amazing how it hangs with everything except in the straights. There are a few of us with ECU upgrades on our 4C's. It bumps the hp from 237 to 263 whp. It makes a world of difference in the car.

I do daily drive mine. But not in the capacity of to and from work. I walk everyday to and from the office, so it's just for quick errands or to get my fix. It is truly addicting to drive.

Yes, it can be uncomfortable at times on long stints. The storage is pretty meager. Though you can do some light shopping as long as you think about your arrangement of items.

The steering is amazing. There are a few that don't like the aggressiveness of it and they have swapped out to aftermarket steering blocks to make it more tame. I've never had any problems and it's one of my favorite aspects of the car. It makes you feel absolutely connected to the road.

It's a no non sense track car with no un needed equipment or accessories. The instrument cluster is really nice and gives you a few different configurations in race mode.

I drive my car quite hard most of the time. It's lowest average mpg has been 24 mpg after a track day. But beware, it only has a 10 gallon tank. Once you get into the 1/4 tank range, the car will not allow you to drive in race mode. Or that was my experience on the track.

I have to say, it's put my 360 out of commission. lol It really is dang quick and handles great. The 360 will still eat it up on the top end above 100.

There's a couple other pics on this link:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGCo9_4r2Fn/?taken-by=labellamacchina.club

You won't be disappointed except that it will get more attention than your Ferrari. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    "There are a few of us with ECU upgrades on our 4C's. It bumps the hp from 237 to 263 whp. It makes a world of difference."

What brands of ECU did you look at and ultimately decide upon?? I have read positive reviews of Euro Compulsion. Any experience/advice appreciated!!!

9. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    i've spotted one locally the beautifuly blond who drives it seems to do so often may be a daily driver she has it in white i need to visit the dealer to look at fiats and see if they will let me take one for a spin hehe

10. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    EC has continually lied about the results they achieved. They claim 62 hp over the Pogea ECU.
    Their stage 2 which was supposed to be 62hp more got blown away by the Stage 1 Pogea. The stage 2 EC is on par with Pogea's. But even with all the mods, it's not as fast as the Pogea.

I and a few others called them out about the bs claims, the moderator shut the thread down do to people starting to thrash them and they had nothing but excuses why they lost. At one point they were claiming a 4 car length advantage. 4 cars lengths on 60hp? Yeah, okay. I guess you can't have everyone upset with your Sponsored vendor. lol

This furthermore solidifying their bs by backing that claim. Anyone who has every tuned a car knows getting 60 more hp out of something already at it's max is impossible. Yet alone claiming 60hp difference will lead to a 4 car length lead.

I've heard they are good to deal with from a customer service point, however, they are now having delays on delivering their parts which is why some of the forum members complained about Pogea, the only thing was, Madness was Pogea's official US ambassador. They ended up losing the Pogea line due to over marking up their products and copying the tune from the clone as well.

Either ECU will be a huge improvement and you'll be happy with both. However, if you live in a warm climate, EC claims their ECU doesn't offer full power over a 100 degrees. Which is a crap, due to most of us in the country being exposed to triple digit numbers all day. Pogea tunes are tested in Abu Dubai and many other extremely hot places and doesn't have this issue.

There is not one EC ECU car across the country that is quicker than a Pogea tune. If you want a Pogea ECU, please let me know. I can talk to Eduard Pogea directly and get ahold of one. And not at the 2900 madness was selling them for either.

Just my 2 cents on the tunes.

of2worlds likes this.
  11. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thank you very much for the insight.

12. ferrari#7

ferrari#7 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2008
    There are launch editions available, are they the one to get? Thanks

13. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    They have slightly more carbon and extra vents in the front bumper. Not to mention you get a number plaque in the launch editions. Other than that, you can option the car identically minus the front bumper vents.

14. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Just placed an order for a Giallo 2017 coupe with Akrapovic exhaust. My wife is somewhat bemused as I just took delivery of a new F12 6 weeks ago. I admit it, I have a car problem!!! Can't wait.....

Bundy likes this.
  15. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Congrats on both cars. It is an amazingly fun car to drive. She'll love driving it.

16. sburke

sburke Formula 3

Dec 21, 2010
    Lake Norman, NC
    How does it compare to an Elise?

Rs200tez likes this.
  17. umsneeze

umsneeze Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I don't have much Elise experience (a test drive of one really) but my off the cuff impression compared to the 4c:
    4c is louder and more interesting to listen to. Tons of different intake/exhaust/turbo noises. Elise isn't the most interesting engine to listen to.

Elise seemed a bit more flimsy.

Steering effort in the elise is easier and it tram lines/hunts less than the 4c.

And many wish the 4c had a manual…(i'm okay with the DCT. I don't think I could shift quickly enough to keep the 4c in the power band.

18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I have one (#400). Maybe I am prejudiced but I would get an LE.

It has a lot of stuff unique to the rest of the line. For one thing, the aero pieces in the fenders of the front wheels. Also an alcantera interior, CF rear wing, race suspension and exhaust.

The dash plaque is also unique with an Italian flag.

If you see a 4c with scoops in front of the front wheels, you know its an LE.

19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think this is the issue. I've thought the same thing. If I had to shift I think I'd be losing too much turbo power. I always wondered if that's one of the reason they never considered making a manual -- it engine configuration and big turbo just aren't a good match for a manual box.

One thing is true with this car that is "typically Alfa". Alfa has always (well, since the 50's) taken mass produced parts, juiced them up a bit, and put them into small sports cars. The 4c is no different. The engine is a modified Guilietta (with aluminum block). The gearbox is the same in the Dodge Dart but beefed up and faster. You either respect that or look at it as a joke. But that's the way sports cars were made in the 60's, and Alfa was no different.

20. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I have all of the options in my car minus the # plaque, front bumper with slits and CF shifter piece. Otherwise it's optioned the same.

21. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

I am getting intrigued by this car. I have owned 6 alfas in my day and I like the idea of another. this looks fun indeed!!!

22. ferraripete

i love the pastel yellow/ giallo!!!

23. ferrari#7

ferrari#7 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2008
    I sat in a white spyder last weekend. I was impressed. Comfortable once you are in. The roof was off. It is a targa soft roof that comes off. I think I prefer the LE.

24. ferraripete

i am going to look one over this weekend. I guess i have the new car itch. I may as well give it a whirl to either qualify it or disqualify it.

I am putting a $75k budget on my next car. it looks like a 2014-15 XKR Coupe, a 2015 F-type R, 2012-13 991 Carrera S, Vantage V-8 4.7, or the new Giulia QF. yes i know...one of these things is not like the other:)

25. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #25 markmoon, Aug 16, 2016
    I could not wait, so I just bought one this weekend. Exotic looks, carbon fiber monocoque, quick, sounds great and the price was compelling. Great car.

montessori, Bundy and of2worlds like this.