Amalgam Collection - Questions for the manufacturer. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Amalgam Collection - Questions for the manufacturer.

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by AmalgamCollection, Oct 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Replicarz used to show several, but all were always listed as "out of stock," since they would only order if they got a sale. Now there is just one Lotus model shown on their site and it is also not a stock item. It is listed as ships direct form the manufacturer. So same policy of taking an order if they get a sale.

Mint Models..... I would NEVER buy anything from them. Just took a look at their site for the heck of it, and could not find any Amalgam's there and there is NO mention of them anywhere.....they do not list Amalgam as a brand they offer or represent.

2. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    Mint Models and Legacy Motors are the same dealer, My mistake thinking both websites would list Amalgam- here is the Legacy link- [I never purchase from them either but use their site occasionally to see what is new];
    Legacy Motors - Showroom by Brand - Amalgam

I don't know of any US dealers that actually stock Amalgam.

3. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Thanks, and I have also never known of any US dealers to stock these models. As far as Legacy goes.... I have no use for them either - I know they are now owned by Mint Models. Same issues exist with both of those "dealers." Will NEVER buy from or recommend either.

4. rickytmk

rickytmk Karting

Jan 10, 2006
    For 1/8 expensive models for Frontiart, GMP and Amalgam , check out seller " bbluver " in ebay. They provide free courier (EMS/UPS) airmail as well. Most importantly, all in stocks for immediate delivery and good price .

5. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Interesting, the seller is based in Australia and ships these models out of Italy.

bbluver | eBay

6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I would suggest you contact:

Tom Long | Official Agent North America
    M: +1 678 907 5536
    [email protected]

Amalgam Model Car Collection | Perfect Scale Model Cars
    Amalgam North America,
    PO Box 1783, Atlanta, United States, 30680
    T: +1 678 975 3093

As an aside, they made be a really beautiful 1:8 scale, whose beauty is only second to the real 1:1 version!

7. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

Thank you Caeruleus11. I am aware of the the U.S. agent. It appears that aside from Tom, there are no other real USA based dealers. I found it both a little surprising and disappointing that the new fellow posting from Amalgam collection never replied to my inquiry here.

8. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Interesting. Unfortunately we've reached the limit of my knowledge on the matter.

9. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Will there ever be an Amalgam model available in 1:18th scale?

10. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
  11. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    We monitor the threads here during our UK office hours so hence slight delays in responding to your questions.

12. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    Hi Christan, my name is Neil but it may not always be myself that responds on this account! As the other forum members have mentioned, most of our more recent road car models have opening elements, some have working steering.
    We have no plans to sell our models in anything other than fully finished and assembled I'm afraid.

13. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    No current plans to build in 1:18 scale however it may be something we consider in the future.

14. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    I am waiting for my personal dream car
    ASTON MARTIN DB 4 GT ZAGATO
    will this ever be done ?

15. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Thanks. I'll be happy to contact Tom if and when I decide to proceed.

16. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    Tom is an absolute pro and a true gentleman. He is a frequent presence at major events and races, and his passion is boundless. His segment on Jay Leno's garage was great (worth seeing, it really goes into depth about the models). In reality, he's the exact type of guy you'd spend $$$ on for a model and feel like you got a bargain.

17. CarbBoxer

CarbBoxer Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    PW
    consider making a 512BB?

18. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  19. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    #44 Camlet1, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    I share your passion for the GT Zagato! One to go on our wish list for sure...

21. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    #46 AmalgamCollection, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    Thanks for your enquiry, the 1:8 scale 512BBi is available on a built to order basis, please PM us your full details and email address if you would like a formal quote.

22. MODELMAN

MODELMAN Rookie

Sep 16, 2014
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Tom Long
    Thank you Entropy for the kind words! Sorry I am not a regular on social media forums but will start to pay closer attention to Ferrari Chat!

We are honored to be the NA agent for Amalgam for over two years now. As mentioned in earlier posts, Replicarz and Mint Models offer the Amalgam products in the USA as does Light & Shadow Fine Art in Carmel, CA.

For our neighbors to the north, Collectors Studio in Toronto also handles the Amalgam Collection line.

Since 100% of my time is dedicated to Amalgam, please feel welcome to email or contact my office for model inquiries as well. We manage stock as well as tailor made orders from the start to finish making the process easy for our clients.

I will try to check in on a regular basis but please be patient if I do not reply to a post as quickly as others. My colleagues in the UK are doing a great job on a more regular basis.

Regards,
    Tom Long
    [email protected]

23. rickytmk

rickytmk Karting

Jan 10, 2006
    May I ask what is the model with highest number of parts for both classic and modern category?

24. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    Great question!
    In the modern category, the Pagani Huayra easily comes out on top as far as quantity of parts is concerned. Easy to see why when you look at the interior!
    Pagani Huayra (2011) Scale Model Cars

When it comes to the classic models, there are a few contenders for 'Top Trump' in the parts category;

Bugatti Type 59
    Bugatti Type 59 (1935) Belgian GP Scale Model Cars

Mercedes SSKL
    Mercedes-Benz SSKL (1931) 1st Mille Miglia Scale Model Cars

Blower Bentley
    Bentley Blower (1929) 2nd Le Mans Scale Model Cars

The common theme here is the wire wheels - based on which I think the Type 59 probably takes the prize!

25. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012