David Scott's Dad | FerrariChat

David Scott's Dad

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by chipbiii, Oct 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    Melissa and I are so sorry to hear about the passing of David Scott's dad this past Monday. He must have been one heck of a great guy if he helped produce you, man. Our thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.

2. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    David, Margaret and I want you to know that we are thinking of you in this difficult time. If there is anything we can do, please let us know
    John & Margaret Edwards

3. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #3 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ahhh guys thanks for thinking about us. Nothing is truer than this. The sadness now is because of the happiness then. And to add to it our Sanata (Nata) passed two days ago just feet from where she was born. She was always with Julie and slept on the foot of the bed. It is easy to say I feel your pain. When you loose your loved ones you truly understand when it happens to others. I understand now.

Dad graduated from Clemson in '52. I received his class ring, and asked Dabo's brother if he would do something special for me. Tracy is the big bald guy that stands behind Dabo when they meet on the 50th yard line after the game for interviews. I cannot say enough good things about this family, the Swinneys. They are genuine and care about people. They live their faith.

So I asked Tracy if he would carry my dads ring in his pocket on the sidelines for the NC State Game. Well, if you watched that game, you just knew we had lost it. NC State had the ball with about 1 second to go in the game, for a 33 yard chip shot filed goal to win it. THEY MISSED IT AND WE WON IN OVERTIME! Dad would have been so proud to know he had a part in it. At least in my minds eye and my heart. Thank you Tracy-we love you guys.

Tracy's message was: We win big today! Got an extra player with us love you guys.

It was never in doubt....my father was a good man.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Sorry to hear and my condolences. :(

5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Thank you man, I appreciate it.

6. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Our condolences. Janis and I regret not running into you at Eurofest. We both wanted to tell you how much we appreciated your offer to have us evac during Matthew.

Perhaps we will connect at the Hilton Head Concours Ferrari Dinner Saturday evening.

7. tdw28210

tdw28210 Karting

My condolences. I lost my Dad too on 10/9. He was a resident of Clemson, SC and a huge Tigers fan too - (as is most of my family). I think about him all the time.

8. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Went to dental school in Charleston with quite a few Clemson alumni...went to some great Clemson games also...they won another stunner yesterday ...I miss my father terribly...condolences to you...

9. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Ahh, So sorry to hear. Clemson is such a great town. We are just by the Corn maze, come see us we'll hang out in the garage. Feel free to PM. Same to simchanova, Dave, and all the other kind folks.

I think we need a shirt-All we do it win! Great game last night. I always talked to Dad after the game.

10. tdw28210

tdw28210 Karting

Thanks. I may just do that. I get by that way quite a bit.

And nothing but white-knuckled wins for the Tigers this year. But I will certainly take them all.

11. rbf41000

rbf41000 Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Full Name:
    Russell
    David, sorry to hear about your Father, i have been a bit missing from the car scene for the last year, hope to change that soon.

Russell

12. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Thanks Russell, hey we have the Colonial Cup again this year. I'll get some info out soon.

13. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Don't know how I missed this thread.

My heart felt condolences to David and his family.

My father's ring looked very much like your dad's except it said "Clemson A&M College" and had a "50" in the crest.

14. ahenthus

ahenthus Rookie

Jul 14, 2006
    Laurens, SC
    Full Name:
    Claude
    David, I was very impressed with the pictures and memorabelia on display and wish I had known your father. You, Julie, Anne and Riley remain in our prayers. Ours is a house divided, as Debbie went to Clemson and I went to USC but we both pull for the other except that one time every year in late November. The NC State game was a cardiac nightmare. I'm pulling for Clemson to go all the way, carry a 12-1 record into the playoffs and win the championship. I'm going to have to check with my sisters and find out what happened to my dad's USC ring. He'd love seeing it at mid-field after a USC win. Well friend, I'd better close this and get back to Rennlist and Pelican where I belong.
    Claude

15. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    David
    Lost Julei's phone # - please tell her Margaret and I are really sorry to hear about her baby pet - we know how it feels - no that that matters any
    John E

16. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Thanks Claude, you're the best. Just came from Auctions America, and smiled when I saw the 935s getting read to cross the block. Made me think of you and the lone 935 sitting by the pond in May...

17. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Hey John, I'll text that to you; and yes, it was sad. Sonata went fast..she was sweet indeed and a constant companion. We loved her. And yes, you know when it happens to you as I do now. Often people think, well it was just a dog. Not so.And it's sad when you think about it like this. It's sort of like loosing children ever 8-15 years.

18. desmomini

desmomini F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2003
    Upstate SC
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Great story about the game!

Very sorry for your losses.

19. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Thanks man, really appreciate it. Miss him.