U.K. 458 in Australia | Page 2 | FerrariChat

U.K. 458 in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aeneas, Feb 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aeneas

Aeneas Rookie

Dec 4, 2016
    I wasn't being sarcastic? I'm honestly thankful for the help

2. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    I believe that only applies to a certain group of people from certain forums. Purchase at any price is up to the individual and the import argument will go on for ever as Aus delivery car owners believe that there car is worth more even though it is imported?

3. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Sounds like the ravings of the owner of a non aussie spec car....am I right?

4. Andy 355

Andy 355 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2013
    Sydney
    +1 aircon. All most all will take aussie plate car over a corroded import complied by the same bloke that winds the speedo back after hes patched up some sort of hidden accident report from another country.. lol..

5. Maranello550

Maranello550 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Hmmmm I have both and that argument is full of sh####. If you do your homework the UK cars have better specs. There are a lot of Aussie cars that are not what they are portrayed. They all come from the same factory.

6. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Try selling it

7. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Easy in the UK PP. No taxes and that's where the proper market is. The only market we had here was the museum last year who were pushing prices up. That's stopped now because he has worked out that no one wants to pay decent money for any F cars in Australia. The 308 for example. I would rather own a dry sump GTB UK car than a wet sump Aussie car. If you own low production U.K. Cars makes no difference as long as they are well sorted. Most decent cars end up in the U.K. Anyway. There is such a small market here in Aus for these cars.

8. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I wouldn't.... And the more I see of UK cars, the more I'm glad I don't.

Again, try selling the dry sump here and see what happens. I already know the answer from experience.... I'm not just making this crap up

9. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Fixed 😁

10. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Again, spot the guy with the non aussie spec car!

The same guys with the chip on their shoulder!

11. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Got both Aussie Spec and U.K. spec so well balanced.

12. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    No... Not really.... You still have a vested interest and bias... But you keep believing whatever you like and I'll do the same

13. Andy 355

Andy 355 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2013
    Sydney
    I was told to do my homework on uk cars being higher spec? In what regard??? Is red interior carpet all the rage in aus?? Fine if it works in another country but we are in Australia and this market is what we care about and so do buyers. Fact is there aren't enough aussie cars to go round so imports are what some people end up with then argue they are somehow worth the same as a local delivered car....

14. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Strange logic. By that measure everyone here with an Aussie delivered car is biased towards them being worth more, and therefore their view can be discounted.

Take your hand off it.
    Most owners of imports are well aware they are a hard sell and command less $ on the Aussie market.
    That's why Maranello550 said:

"Easy (to sell) in the U.K. No taxes and that's where the proper market is..."

15. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Carpets are not spec. They come in all cars , made of the same material so colour has nothing to do with it. That's just personal taste when ordering the car. BTW my U.K. 550 has factory black carpets. 308 GTBs for example are dry sump UK delivered but wet sump Aussie delivered. As I said I have both and I don't think there is an argument as both come from the same factory. But as PP says everyone has their own opinion.Price and condition are more important. The reality is much easier to sell a low volume Ferrari in the U.K. Than here. Hence not many Stradales left here. 😁

16. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    That's not actually correct, as I learn't selling a UK delivered Daytona back to the UK a few years ago.

If a car has been outside of the UK for 5 years or more, it becomes liable to 20% VAT on the UK sale value, which translates to a lower price or 20% tax for the seller.

17. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Wrong. It is a fact. I watch the 360 market closely, and a couple aus delivered examples sold in less than a week. The UK imports still linger.

18. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    ^^^^yep
    Non aussie spec owners and their wishful thinking again

19. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You've got a lot to learn, grasshopper. Do you hate being wrong all the time or are you just used to it?

20. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Comprehension issues? I was referring only to Peter's assertion that anyone with an import is biased and therefore their views are worthless.

If you'd kept reading, I also said:

Got it?

21. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #46 Steve355F1, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    That I didn't know, but it doesn't change the fact that it would be easier to sell an import by sending it back, and you'd still probably end up with more than it would get here, which was my point.

You also wouldn't have to deal with dickheads ringing up and saying
    "Mate it's only worth $50k cos it's not Aussie delivered".

A quick search suggests the period is now three years, not five, but for the hell of it I'll ask one of my friends in the U.K. to check it out and get a definitive answer.

22. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Yep, got an Aussie delivered Ferrari. Nothing to worry about here. Cheers

23. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Lol

24. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Good to hear.
    You'll need to get more for it when you sell, of course, as you paid more for it to start with.

When I was looking six years ago, Aussie delivered 355s for sale fell into two categories.
    They were either absolute piles of junk, or massively overpriced.

I - and many others - found a way own an excellent car for the same price as the rubbish ones that were already here (and not have to compromise on the spec). Pretty easy decision, really.
    It would also be very easy for me to send it back and receive more than I paid for it if I ever decide to sell.

So, nothing to worry about here either.
    Cheers.

25. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Good luck.... Delusional