Huracan LP640 Performante | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Huracan LP640 Performante

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Speed Demon 1, Oct 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
    Oh, I know you're not one for youtube analytics. It just upsets me that someone would go through such lengths to discredit the car, by using biased numbers. If he would have used the actual lap instead of the one he did, he would see that its pretty different compared to the record run. And on top of that, its beginning to spread like a virus.

2. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Don't get upset. Life's too short. Cars are for fun, not to make you upset.

3. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
    I know.

4. TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
    Well, you can add the timer/speed layout after speeding up the video.

I hope Lamborghini says something soon or we will have to wait for Sport Auto Nordschleife lap later this year.

5. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    According to this link, the Trofeo R compund on the car was designed within' 3 months specifically for the record.

Lamborghini sets new Nürburgring lap record on P Zero Trofeo R tyres : Tyrepress

Maybe Mr. YouTube man's argument will be more compelling if, for whatever reason, this tire isn't available to actual customers.

Otherwise, the guy presenting the argument comes across as having made his judgement before he even put his evidence together. Very hard to take him serious.

6. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    im not a rocket scientise, race car driver, race engineer, but i'd assume you would need to know the average speed down to the fraction of a second for every part of the track to look at the speedometer to know for sure. i mean if you are going faster you may need to break earlier. there has to be a point where breaking earlier causes you to lose time. i don't know if they hit that on a track, but i think entrance and exit speeds of videos (which may not even have accurate readings (is the speed off the speedo or a GPS?) doesn't give a full picture.

i don't know if they faked it or not, i don't really care as I'm lucky if i can get a $40k car forget worrying about a $400k car. It does seem they have more to lose by lying about a 6:52 car then they would have to gain. i mean even if their time was actually 7:05 people would say this car was amazing.

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's my opinion they lied, because anyone with a remote understanding of physics knows that just by losing a couple of KG and adding slightly more power doesn't result in a 36 SECONDS gain in lap time. Yes I know it's got a bit more aerodynamics and and clever diffs, but that still is not near enough to warrant such a huge gain.

And no, Lamborghini isn't the only one that does it, they all do, just the extend of cheating (or ''manipulating'' if you will) varies. It's all pointless. There's a very small group of owners of such cars that can actually drive a car to it's limits on the Nurburgring anyways.

I'm not a hater. I love Lamborghini's.

8. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    Bottom line :

Roll cage (most manufacturers do it )
    No passenger seat (roll cage makes up for weight)
    Great driver
    Tires, tires and tires (good for 10-15 sec easily on a track like this )
    Revised suspension , revised gear box, weight loss , revised brakes and more hp and torque
    Oh yeah don't forget about the ALA

All this adds up to 30-35 secs (believable)

I've had many ferraris and Mclarens along with Lamborghinis in the past
    My new Performante will be here in August --it's the real deal believe it or not

It's the WHOLE PACKAGE that makes it what it is ..
    There will always be doubters but I'm just enjoying the ride ..

9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    An F12 and a Huracan P seems like it would be a pretty great two car garage.

10. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009

11. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
    It seems that even Racelogic has posted their thoughts about it:

Real or Fake? There is some controversy brewing over the recent video posted by Lamborghini showing a 2017 Huracan Performante clocking a 6m52s lap of the ring. This piqued our interest, so here is our (somewhat geeky) analysis:
    The distance between the gantry and bridge is 1727m which was calculated in Circuit Tools using some customer VBOX data. This was then confirmed using the measuring tool in Google Earth. We then integrated the speed from the on-screen telemetry data on the Lambo every second using the built-in video time-stamps to obtain distance travelled. This data was obtained by stepping through the video in a video editor and entering the displayed speed every second into Excel. When integrated, the telemetry data made it 1728m from gantry to bridge, so the reported speeds and times between these two points on the circuits matched the real world distance precisely. This means that the speeds on the videos seem entirely realistic.
    We then analysed the engine sound (using an FFT analysis) from the Huracan at top speed on the same straight, which showed a maximum of just under 7750 rpm on the rev counter. This analysis showed a strong peak at 640Hz which equates to 7680rpm for a V10. Therefore our opinion, based on both pieces of evidence, is that the video has not been speeded up. Next time, it would be a lot easier if they used a VBOX Video

12. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Bottom line: the Perfomante is Fast (enough for me)!!
    Still can't wait for mine!
    I'm trying to plan a visit to Sant'Agata to see my car in production.

Sent from my 16M

13. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
  14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Interesting that Lambo claims it's barely faster in a straight line than the standard car. I'm sure they're sandbagging (as they still can't let ppl know this car is quicker than an Aventador SV) but it still looks to be about 1.5 seconds slower than a 918 from 0-200 kph. Shows that cornering stability is more important than all out acceleration.

15. lewie

lewie Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2007
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    lewie
  16. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    first picture is just about my dream combo with the new panamera

17. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert
  18. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
  19. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
    #146 kingjr9000, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    They're definitely sandbagging since C&D got to 120 in 8.5.
    Marco Mapelli on his record-breaking Lamborghini Huracan Performante lap | Autocar
    Quote: Despite his monumental effort, Mapelli says the Performante is an easy car to drive on the limit. He humbly states that anyone could go fast in it at the ‘Ring. I'm not so sure I could.

A lucky few customers may be able to find out for themselves, because Mapelli confirms that the car on sale will run with exactly the same mechanical and chassis setups as the one he took to the ‘Ring

Well you're a bit late on the draw since its been "debunked" by race logic. But, since you use V-boxes, could you tell me what these numbers are saying?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    918 speed falls I'm assuming due to the batts dying out on the straight toward the end of the run. Production cars with multiple updates have better battery management. It would be interesting to see the currentl production 918's time. I don't think we ever will though as Porsche has moved on.

21. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

The Marco Mapelli article sheds a lot of light.
    He really hits some track pearls: power to weight is one of the keys. The Perf is lighter than the 918 and Av SV by about 500 lbs. We use to say that 10 lb weight loss = 1 hp on track (of course depends on if it is rotational mass or unsprung weight, center of axis, etc). 500 lb weight savings is huge and effects all areas of the track - acceleration, braking and handling, whereas HP really effects mainly acceleration. How often are you full throttle on track?
    I'd rather have a lighter car any day vs HP. That's why the lightweight 200 HP Elise's would beat the 600 HP Corvettes on technical tracks. Lighter with less HP, allows more opportunity to be full throttle through corners, and more momentum.
    Bravo Marco!

Sent from my 16M

22. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I saw the graphics on the Racelogic's FB page:

''Real or Fake? There is some controversy brewing over the recent video posted by Lamborghini showing a 2017 Huracan Performante clocking a 6m52s lap of the ring. This piqued our interest, so here is our (somewhat geeky) analysis:

The distance between the gantry and bridge is 1727m which was calculated in Circuit Tools using some customer VBOX data. This was then confirmed using the measuring tool in Google Earth. We then integrated the speed from the on-screen telemetry data on the Lambo every second using the built-in video time-stamps to obtain distance travelled. This data was obtained by stepping through the video in a video editor and entering the displayed speed every second into Excel. When integrated, the telemetry data made it 1728m from gantry to bridge, so the reported speeds and times between these two points on the circuits matched the real world distance precisely. This means that the speeds on the videos seem entirely realistic.

We then analysed the engine sound (using an FFT analysis) from the Huracan at top speed on the same straight, which showed a maximum of just under 7750 rpm on the rev counter. This analysis showed a strong peak at 640Hz which equates to 7680rpm for a V10. Therefore our opinion, based on both pieces of evidence, is that the video has not been speeded up. Next time, it would be a lot easier if they used a VBOX Video.''

23. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I posted a response to this on the Lambo power forum. I don't fully agree it's just weight. Happy to discuss it over there no point in reposting here.