Foreign Cars Italia - experiences? | FerrariChat

Foreign Cars Italia - experiences?

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by GLS12, Jan 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I am considering a 360 that they have. Anyone have experiences with them good or bad (particularly recently)?

Feedback and thoughts appreciated. Happy to take PMs if that would be better for folks.

2. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    Yes pretty good. Bought two 911's and two Ferraris from them .

Will be there for service later today. Ping me if you want to talk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I was there a couple years back and they were the opposite of what I expected a showroom team to be. Said hello, took time out of their day to answer questions, etc. The exact opposite of Ferrari Silicon Valley/San Fran where I could have died in the showroom and they might have noticed when other patrons complained about the stench..

Granted FCI was only as a guy in the showrrom and I didn't buy anything.. it was a good experience and I'd go back..

4. PETER@TEAM AI

PETER@TEAM AI Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Nov 4, 2014
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Peter
    There are two locations of FCI. We work for and with FCI in Charlotte on a regular basis. Very professional and stand up team under Bobs leadership. We have also done many Ferrari PPI's over the years for cars getting shipped outside of the Southeast and the buyers did not want to travel. I only bring this up as the cars from FCI we have done PPI's for have always been good condition cars with no surprises. I cannot say that for a few other places we have done PPI's for their potential buyers.

5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Great guys go see Bob the GM in Charlotte if that's closet and Keenan. Great guys. Keith Nowlan has always been standup in Greensboro.

6. TC94

TC94 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 23, 2005
    TN
    I bought my first 360 spider from them, but it has been 12 years. They were terrific to deal with. Although they didn't know it at the time, I had window-shopped there a couple of times when I was but a poor student. They were extremely nice to me back then as well, friendly and accommodating. Let me look at everything even though it was clear I couldn't afford anything at the time.

Only had 1 service done after purchase before warranty expired. It went well but I switched to a closer independent shop after that.

Good luck.

7. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thanks to all for the responses, I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

8. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I've bought three Ferraris from them and they've always been great.

9. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    I have bought a dozen or more cars from them in the last ten years. They are Excellent. They have always treated me fairly and provided great service. They are just good people, and TOPS in my opinion.

10. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thanks for the responses.

11. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    They have survived post Barney with great verve, good people, been dealing with them for 20 years now.

12. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Bought my first Ferrari (328) from Barney-run FCI back in the late '90s. Oh the cars they had back then.

13. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #13 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    I believe this was the car OP was looking at. I saw it at the showroom. Is in great condition!! Congrats to your friend

15. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    It was indeed the car I was looking at but got nipped at the post. Hopefully I will find another!

16. bayareaferrari

bayareaferrari Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    California
    #16 bayareaferrari, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    I have had a different experience with them recently. They worked the old bait and switch which gets old---Committed to a number on a trade while we negotiated the price of the car I was planning to purchase. As we got close in the process the manager steps in and drops the price of my trade...pretty poor form--when dealing with $200K-$300K+ cars you would expect some proper treatment and ethics...

Anyhow--currently, I think they are a pretty sad group..needless to say they lost my sale on a $300K car.

17. sc_exotic_cars

sc_exotic_cars Karting

Aug 11, 2015
    Does anyone know of a specific feed to sell an exhaust, rims, and springs for a Ferrari 458?

18. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    We have a classifieds section here, subscribe for $15 and sell them.

19. bberg009

bberg009 Karting

Jan 23, 2016
    Full Name:
    Cancelled my account
    I bough first a Maserati Q4S Ghilbli 2014 from them. Then a F430 spider 2006 and was very happy with responsiveness and service. Then after a crash, I wanted to buy a 458'spider, and could not even get a response after asking for a quote in person in 2015. I bought a 458 spider from Beverly Hills Ferrari instead (they did not even respond to emails). this year, 7 weeks ago, I asked for a trade in for the Maserati Ghibli, to a 2017, Levante , in person on the showroom floor. I waited 6 weeks and never even got an email response. So, going forward, all my services and repairs will be with Greensboro Foreign Cars Italia (Stanley is awesome), but it will be a cold day in hell before I buy from them again..

20. JohnBradleyDaniels

Oct 16, 2011
    Spartanburg SC
    I purchased an '01 550 while I worked there about 6 years ago, but quit soon after on the basis of poor ethics and shady sales tactics. Charlotte Location.