Official Countach Value Thread | Page 207 | FerrariChat

Official Countach Value Thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Peter K., Feb 17, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    My apologies , i incl a few nights at the gentlemens clubs in The all inn price, after all its Palm Beach

2. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
  3. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
  4. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Funny
    Of course it did

5. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    You had a close look at the Yellow car in Lauderdale, not many Countaches in this color combo, to me kinda cool, any impression reg the mecanical state? Thanks

6. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Believe it or not
    Yellow would be the perfect color

7. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Two yellow 308s and a yellow Countach! You definitely love your yellow.

ps. Sent you a PM.

8. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    If i was in the market for a fulie, this would be the car i would aproach, very rear, non metallic yellow,original, white int,wich is The perfect int color for the Countach, ( mine is) i have seen this car pop up here and there, spoke to the owner Poss 5 or so years ago, do not think he needs the money, again ,this is a very rear and cool color combo,if it checks out mecanicly, i would really put some effort inn to this deal, it would be stunning ,and imho worth all the money if taken back to (as Joe sugg) to the euro look ,

9. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #5160 cnpapa24, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This car also has the single strake.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    😍

11. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Not a big fan of the skirts, to me ,the rounded belly pans are a big part of the original design,that beeing said, i could very well live with the skirts on this car, how many Yellow/white qv s where made?

12. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Also ,at some point,the weels would have to be replaced,but, the existing ones have great value, if bought for the long run, then replace when the time is right.

13. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Correct.

The Euro front end is already done, although the bumper grates are missing.

It needs Countach QV wheels (unless the owner has these available as well), rear panel and bumpers removed, and side-markers removed.

The European conversion if done right is not inexpensive, but is what most people prefer.

14. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    There you go,Top carbon, this car could be yours, easy financing,100% down,no monthly payments.

15. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nils,

I believe Sherpa commented on the condition of this car earlier in this thread. Perhaps he can expand on his comments.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/145305024-post4983.html

16. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
  17. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Perhaps "High bid/no sale of $270k" sheds some light on the owner's pricing expectations, then factor in the conversion, and any maintenance required.

I think yellow is a great color for a Countach of any variant, Countach number 1 (the LP500 Prototype) was yellow.

18. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

First of all, I don't really like criticizing someone else's car. I assume that this care is owned by an individual and not a dealer and I feel bad to say not great things about something that might be someone's pride and joy. In the interest of this thread and what it's about, condition is key so I'll shed some light.

I didn't scrutinize it like I normally do on the cars that I have an eye on buying but here are the problems that jumped out at me: the car had a series of soft dents in the aluminum bodywork, including on the top part of the door just above the handle, like if it didn't close properly and someone improperly or carelessly pushed on it hard to shut it. The interior was okay but had some modifications and was worn strangely in places. Also, I remember that the shift knob (not original) turned freely on the shaft. I stopped there and didn't do any further recon so I can't comment on the engine or trunk bays. At that point, it just seemed like a car that wasn't treated like how I treat my cars and it turned me off. I'm not surprised at the bid but I'm really surprised that it wasn't sold. The seller should have been joyous.

19. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
    I could be wrong but I believe both this example and the white QV which sold today belong to the same owner at interstate motor sports.

20. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Correct, the yellow Fuelie is JLA12218.

21. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Good straight info, reg the soft bump on the door,every Countach i have looked at ,seems to have a different door sound/click/window frame versus roof height, i think its the nature of the hand made building process, iow of the cars i have been around,they all closed and shut a little different, juding by your report reg other items, it is def worth giving this car a closer look, but Joes point reg the owners price expectaicion is very true,

22. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Many of the cars from Interstate were purchased the better part of a decade or more ago. During this time they have seen little to no use, with little investment into making them passable for sale.

The yellow Countach I have known since it being on the streets of South Florida , owned by a couple of Columbian drug dealers that drove it all over Miami and Ft Lauderdale. At one point I tried to purchase the car from Auto Panache in FT Lauderdale. It was a mess. The car barely ran, and seemed to have a dead cylinder or two. It was spot painted all over the car in different shades of yellow. Not in areas like a lower side skirt or front bumper, but right smack in the middle of a quarter panel or fender. Needless to say I passed on it. Not saying these cars arent worth saving or buying, but dont expect to buy them and start driving the cars all over the place. The yellow Countach is a great combination inmo. Properly fixed and restored it would be amazing.

23. ElvisNasty

ElvisNasty Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Elvis Jenkins Nasty
    Have fun trying to talk your passengers into closing the door without touching the aluminum above the door handle. My girlfriend closes mine by only touching the handle and the window frame, she's mastered the skill. All other passengers tend to close the door pretty hard by the aluminum, even if you tell them not to, which creates the tiny dent. I got mine dent doctored out a couple years ago and it looked 100% perfect. I'm sure the dent will be back and I haven't seen the last of the dent doctor PDR guy.

You can either bring in the PDR guy every few years, or you can be on a non stop crusade to save that one spot and come off like an OCD weirdo in the process.

24. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    My countach had neither that dent nor any other dents anywhere on it. I have yet to see a well taken care of Countach that looks like that one. I saw some other things as well but I can't remember well enough to state here definitively. I want to say that there some flaws with the paint and some other things. What I will sum it up as is that the car looks rough and not well cared for. That's the best description I can give. Sometimes you just know by looking at a car that it wasn't owned by someone cares for cars the same way you do and walk away.