SRI Delivered '83 Mondial Cab | FerrariChat

SRI Delivered '83 Mondial Cab

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Subito Grigio, Apr 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Subito Grigio

Subito Grigio Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2009
    SRI's coordinating action officer, Jason, delivered it yesterday.

Short, broad comments on the thirteen major actions accomplished by SRI follow:

It starts up from cold. Sounds much better. Does not overheat. Does not refuse to start from hot. Electric door locks work. Windows work. Shifts smoothly. Better looking wheels.

OK. OK. Engine out and all necessary SRI mods done. SRI fuse box too. Fuel system completely renewed including replacement fuel tanks. And on, and on.

NOTHING done to body or original top. Looks totally to be a good used car. Totally redone/refurbished/refreshed under skin.

Top THANKS to Dave and entire SRI Team!

Here's to 35 more years.

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #2 Wade, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    congrats!! enjoy!

4. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    That is wonderful. I'm a huge fan of that shop, I've visited a few times and wear their logo hat with pride. The times I'm able to chat with Dave I find very rewarding and interesting.

This brings up the point that two cars that look the same can be so different on the underside. I wish I could have done exactly what you have done.

You may not have doubled the value of your car, but you have more than doubled your confidence and enjoyment of the car. That really is what it's all about. I hope you are able to drive your car frequently and put many miles on it with no issues.

Every time I think of selling my car I end up backing down because I know all that has been attended to under the skin. My car is in good but used condition but when you dig deeper, in those little hidden areas, it really is remarkable. And now yours is too.

Congratulations on taking the plunge, it should pay off many times over in those great intangible ways.

Subito Grigio likes this.
  5. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    nice work!

6. Subito Grigio

Subito Grigio Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2009
    #6 Subito Grigio, May 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Beautiful, I love that color!

8. Indyjones

Indyjones Karting

Jan 28, 2009
    Pacific NW
    Nice. The colour really does look nice...348 wheels give it a modern touch as well. Enjoy!