1986 Porsche 944 Turbo (951) 40K Concours Ready Car! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1986 Porsche 944 Turbo (951) 40K Concours Ready Car!

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by full_garage, Jul 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CAR!! I am on my 5th 951 now. I have a stone grey metallic over burgundy car now. No one really understands how awesome these cars are. They are rock solid, FAST AS HELL and they look great. Starting to go up in value too. Not many that look this nice, GL with the sale! :)

2. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
  3. aventari

aventari Karting

Dec 9, 2010
    San Diego
    Great car! I had an 89 Turbo S in blue that I loved. It had the perfect driver's ergonomics--from the seat to the steering wheel to the pedals that were perfectly placed for heel-toe, it felt better than any car I've ever been in past or present.

Also the chassis balance was sublime.

And they look wonderful too

All this even though mine was completely beat on and neglected with 200k+ miles before I got it. I'm sure this one is even better.

GLWS!

4. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Congrats on the sale. You got almost what it cost new. Hope the new owner enjoys and cares for her.

5. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Gorgeous 951. Wish I had known of this car sooner, would have loved to see it as a local.

6. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Yeah he got an awesome car! It shipped off to Mexico City- I think he got a great deal.

Lovely car- Just decided I'm more of a 911 guy....

7. Mckinney

Mckinney Karting

Mar 29, 2013
    I bought an '86 951 new. It was the week after Jack Nicklaus won the '86 Masters. Mine was red with black partial leather and the same equipment as this one, plus body side molding and very narrow black pinstripes, hardly visible. Didn't really have the money - took 6 years to pay for it. Sweet, sweet car! The best balance of handling, fuel economy, build quality, reliability, and speed ever. I sold it in the early 90's with 52k miles because of a cross country move. Great to see these cars getting the love they deserve.

8. desmomini

desmomini F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2003
    Upstate SC
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Wow, an eBay sale that actually resulted in a car being sold! So many folks these days flake when they win cars on eBay, and there are no consequences, since it's not a binding deal according to eBay rules. Congrats!!

9. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Sold 7 cars on ebay in the past 60 days- All lower dollar collectibles- all brought a fair price and went to good homes.

I had a 1991 Volvo Bertone Coupe- had it listed on the Volvo site for 4 months at $13K- All those guys were offering me $8K. Put it on ebay for 6 hours- Guy emailed me offered $16,500... flew up with cash from South Carolina in a 3 piece suit on a 100 degree day, then flew home and Intercity came and got it- another $2,000 in expenses. Guess he really wanted it!

One guy bought my 1985 280SL 5 Speed for $14K- Decent price for a cool car. He said he needed to send his representative to see if the car was what I said it was- that might take a few weeks. NEVER emailed me during the auction or asked any questions. I simply relisted it for $15K and it sold it 24 hours.

Still have a nice 72 Tii roundie to sell and a sweet 560SL and an epic 560SEC, not sure if ebay is the right venue for those.