Lamborghinis at auction | Page 90 | FerrariChat

Lamborghinis at auction

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by jollygood, Jan 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Wow, thats one big wing, factory? Not shure if i would leave on,if not original,Jalpas rear looks great as is.

2. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Yes, I have been told that was an option when they were made, and have seen quite a few with them on

3. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood
    #2229 jollygood, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    2000 Lamborghini Diablo GTR @ RM Sotheby’s
    To be auctioned on Saturday, August 19, 2017 in Monterey, CA
    Lot 258
    Chassis no. ZA9EAGTR0YLA12492
    Serial no. 19/30

Estimate $580,000 - $780,000

Number 19 of just 30 GTRs built
    Recently completed ground-up restoration
    Competition-specification Diablo with race history

Fundamentally a development of the Super Veloce-based SV-R Diablo that served the single-marque Supertrophy series for the first four years, the GTR would be the track-only variant of the limited-production GT model. Beginning with the chassis, a fully integrated roll cage would protect the driver while an impressively large rear wing, bolted directly onto the frame, provided the aerodynamic downforce and stability needed for running at high speed. Additional measures to keep the weight down included a fully stripped interior. The body was almost entirely made from carbon fiber; only the roof and doors remained metal for rigidity and safety, while the windows were Plexiglas. Without a doubt, the Diablo GTR was the best handling car Lamborghini had built to date.

The 6.0-liter unit mounted behind the driver had been the single most powerful motor the company had ever produced, with 590 hp, 40 more than the previous pinnacle reached in the SVR. As a result of this and various other upgrades, the Diablo GTR was able to attain a top speed of 210 miles per hour.

Offered here is GTR number 19 of the 30 examples ever built. Serving as a competition vehicle for the entire run of the series, the vehicle was initially bought by the Stephane Ratel Organization (SRO), and in the 2001 season the car was raced by Autovitesse still under SRO ownership. The car showed silver metallic bodywork at the end of that year’s campaign and was subsequently bought and raced by Reiter Engineering for the 2002 Supertrophy series. Over the course of 2012 and 2013, this GTR was returned back to its original orange combination and underwent and extensive ground-up restoration. Every single part and component on the vehicle was either replaced or reconditioned to new before being mounted back onto the car.

The Diablo GTR marks an important shift in Lamborghini history for being one of the very first factory-backed racing efforts, but also for being the most hardcore and outlandish car the company had produced up to that date. Now is the opportunity to acquire one of the most unique Lamborghini experiences available.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
    Great photos

5. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Being sold on a bill of sale only, no title and not street legal...it will be a bit of a challenge to find a new owner for this. I owned my Yellow GTR for a few years, sold it and it went to Japan...was not able to find any takers in the US at the time. I hope thy get all the money for it.

6. andecorp

andecorp Formula 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Melb
    This just left Australia where it's spend a few years. Truly immaculate - possibly the best conditioned one in the world.

7. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood
    #2233 jollygood, Jul 29, 2017
  8. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    that diablo is amazing. would it even be possible to get it titled?

9. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I read in the SVR thread that the GTRs don't even have VINs unlike the SVR cars. I imagine it'd be pretty difficult in the states at least.

10. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    A loophole exists to put a license plate on the car. I have heard of a loophole that will most likely permit a plate. Just don't bother having an accident. It does not cost a lot of money for an insurance company to dig. Connect the dots.

11. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    A while back, I spoke with an upper employee of the Connecticut DMV. She basically said we'll register pretty much anything.....main reason is more important to get the vehicle in the system and to be able to keep track of it from now on.

12. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    this is a parts car. none would want that abortion to make it on the roads.
    it is a 400S/QV/Replica/British
    it is like being a transgender black fat biker women over 50 in the USA today.

13. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Great seats!

14. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Any pics to what it used to look like?

Da fuk happened to that dash? Looks like it needs to be burned again.

15. derekfc

derekfc Karting

Oct 28, 2014
    ad edited with a 95k buy it now
    probably worth it to help another car get on the road.

16. DaniT

DaniT Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2015
    Czech Republic, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Daniel T.
    Looks like the whole car is a replica and only the drivetrain is out of a Lamborghini.
    The Engine number is 407XX. The engine block is according my understanding not a Countach block. More likely out of an Espada SII or Jarama.

I do not think that this was ever a SI or SII.

17. This looks like a car that I saw sometime ago, but was in Australia - I thought anyways. If it is, the car is just that, a replica with a Lamborghini engine.

18. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    With your stated number, that would not be from a Countach, therefore, this car is neither a Countach nor in fact a Lamborghini.

19. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
  20. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood
    #2247 jollygood, Aug 16, 2017

1976 Lamborghini Countach LP400 'Periscopica'
    1120154 is now available via Gullwing Motor Cars. $1,095,000 Firm

https://www.gullwingmotorcars.com/1976-lamborghini-countach-lp400-periscopica-c-3068.htm?searchtype=bymm&make=ALL&model=ALL&bodytype=ALL&stock=21159&&utm_source=1976+Lamborghini+Countach+LP400+%27Periscopica%27+21159&utm_campaign=Lamborghini+Countach&utm_medium=email

Some pics:

21. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    That car was in Dubai for a few years and must have recently moved from Tomini where it resided for a while. Originally bought from Florida IIRC about 7-8 years ago. Seen it up close many times. I believe that Valentino flew in and checked it out on behalf of a potential purchaser once too.

I recall it being a bit over restored (but with 2 Countaches I hope he gets his price).

Does Gullwing buy to resell or sell by consignment?

22. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It has been with Driver Source and Gullwing since the auction last year.

23. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Whenever I see Gullwing or bhcc I cringe