Lambo serious about beating Ferrari article?? | FerrariChat

Lambo serious about beating Ferrari article??

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by LamboLover, Aug 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Am I missing something, or is this a joke article? Lambo under Porsche? More Huracan models, including off-road? V8 Aventador?

Lamborghini Gets Serious About Beating Its Longtime Rival | Automobile Magazine

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I can tell you that Georg Kacher has always been close to the source of all the major European factories, and his published works have always been well-researched, factual and on-point, so I believe this is no joke.

3. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    If the Huracan replacement is due in 2021, are we really to believe there will be 5-6 new Huracans in the span of 2017-2020?

It seems really far-fetched, imo. Some of the models seem like they'd be the same thing.

4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Yes absolutely, have you seen how many variants of each model Porsche cranks out?

5. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Of course, but they range from $91,100 to $293,000 with varying performance levels. C&D lists the Huracan at $199,800, the Spyder at $267,454 & the Performante at $274,390.

There's not a whole lot of room there to saturate it with a "Speedster, Barchetta, hardcore SV, & GT3 Stradale". I'm not sure how they would even begin to develop the other 2 beyond the Performante which already lays claim to the 'Ring record with state-of-the-art aerodynamics behind it. .

The current Huracan line up also seems to have found its spot against its rivals anyway; the 488/Spyder, Turbo S, GT2RS, & 720S are all roughly in the ballpark of the current Huracan examples. The aforementioned "hardcore SV" & "GT3 Stradale" would surely be pushing into the $300,000 range, but is there anything there that would warrant an even higher performance example of the Performante? Everything I can think of is luxury-oriented besides the 812 Superfast, but that car doesn't come across as a Huracan rival.

The Huracan seems to be doing just fine as the bread & butter for Lamborghini. I don't see a reason to mess with it by introducing a bunch of potential new models with such a short window left unless they're really just a bunch of limited editions similar to what the Gallardo was filled with.

6. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I agree with you entirely, but I think we'll find this is the direction these sports car companies are going.

7. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I hope it isn't personally. But, if there's been debate in the main forums about Ferrari upping production whilst still trying to maintain an exclusivity for its clientele, then I guess you're likely right.

The only thing in the article I found joy in was this, though. :)

8. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    As long as one of the models has two turbos, they will be relevant to the competition.

9. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    i cant own any lambo new or used so i doubt they care about what my opinion is but i really hope this article is wrong. i dont want anything other than a naturally aspirated v12 in the aventador replacement. no hybrid, no turbo, no v8, no v10, no v16. i find the current aventador to be amazing. i dont see why they need to be the fastest. they just need to be the wildest. i'd much rather see them build additional models to compete. i wouldnt mind a v12 or even a v8TT "islero" 2+2 or even a 2 seat GT car.

10. mt_jt

mt_jt Formula Junior

May 9, 2012
    Australia
    I agree . To my way of thinking the obvious "elephant in the room" for some time has been the lack of a proper genuine GT tourer. I don't see those stupid huge luxury SUVs as the way I the future that's for sure.

11. hashiriya

hashiriya Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2010
    bet, they believe in those SUVs... people say the market will boom with those luxury SUVs...
    I hate "high performance SUVs" - it's like the worst of both worlds, lol

12. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    About the 'upcoming' Huracan GT3 Stradale. I don't think that this car will be a replacement of the current GT3 race car nor of the Trofeo. I think it will be a totally different Huracan/platform made for Stephane Ratel's upcoming Internation GT Series which will include other manufacturers too.

Here is a link from April: Mystery ?Extreme? Lamborghini Huracan At Monza ? dailysportscar.com

13. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    pretty awesome huracan. not quite sure what i think about the wing with the shark fin.

14. Andrew R.

Andrew R. Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2005
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Wow, an interesting read... thanks for sharing!

The brand is changing for sure, once the SUV arrives next year... things will be clearly different.

In the future we will talk about the days "before the suv"!

15. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Super aggressive looking car. Wonder what the other manufacturers are building then.

Thanks for sharing. :)