SE 30 thread | Page 69 | FerrariChat

SE 30 thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by kane00, Nov 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MrL

MrL Rookie

May 26, 2013
    England, UK
    Can somebody tell me the PCD and ET of the SE30 front and rear wheels?

Thanks in advance

2. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    #1702 Lemacc, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. MrL

MrL Rookie

May 26, 2013
    England, UK
    Thanks a bunch Lemacc, my rear wheel do not have any details on the centre!

4. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    I think Lamborghini made a second wheels run after the SE30 production.

5. Downdraft1

Downdraft1 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2008
    #1705 Downdraft1, Aug 21, 2017
  6. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood
    #1706 jollygood, Aug 25, 2017
    1994 Lamborghini Diablo SE30, Delivery-Miles, 1 of 1
    VIN:ZA9DU27G0RLA12089
    BIN Price $525,000

A once-in a lifetime opportunity to own a delivery-miles Diablo SE30.

We are pleased to present for sale this 1994 Lamborghini Diablo SE30 with only 195 kilometers from new, perhaps the last truly “as-new” Diablo SE30.

#89 of only 150 produced, this US-legal Canadian-specification SE30 is finished in its original color combination of Nero Metallizato over Cream with black piping. It is 1 of 2 produced in the Nero Metallizato paint color, and the only example remaining. This SE30 is completely original and includes all books, tools, and racing harnesses.

This Diablo was originally owned & retained by renowned Montreal-based dealer & collector John Scotti until 2012, and serious collectors thereafter, finding its current home with a major collector in Louisiana in early 2016. The car returned to Scotti in 2016 for service.

The SE30 was in many ways Lamborghini’s answer to the Ferrari F50 and Bugatti EB110, including a number of highlights that made it the most hardcore of the road-going Diablo model range. These changes included unique and lightweight carbon fiber body panels throughout, lightweight magnesium OZ racing wheels, adjustable suspension with an on-the-fly adjustable sway bar, lightweight, honed, and completely bespoke engine & transmission internals, racing specification brakes with cooling ducts, and much more. The SE30, as a byproduct of this combined development, was the lightest street-use Diablo ever produced, coming in at 275 lbs lighter than a standard 2WD model, and 385 lbs lighter than a 4WD VT.

This is perhaps the finest example of a Lamborghini Diablo SE30 extant, and represents a once-in a lifetime buying opportunity with said miles. A European-spec SE30 Jota with 6,700km sold for over $750,000 at auction last year, and needless to say this car is priced highy competitively by comparison.

Here's the eBay link. Lousy and very few pictures...

1994 Lamborghini Diablo SE30
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #1708 joe sackey, Aug 25, 2017
    Lousy? Actually, these stunning professional photographer images are some of the best studio images I have ever seen of any Lamborghini, period https://www.flickr.com/photos/sterlingsackey/sets/72157685520732653/with/36696563656/ you have to click on the individual images to open them up to full-resolution.

Those images are good, but the current studio images are clearly better.

Yes, this is the car I offered here, now properly portrayed and seriously for sale.

8. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

Thank you for viewing, if you are interested in purchasing the SE30 I would be happy to provide you with whatever pictures & info you might desire!

9. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Hmm. A music video example, or a brand new example? Pretty sure I know which one I'd go for in a heartbeat. :)

10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Rick you are right, there is a big difference between the two cars that begs some contemplation.

The music video car is a RHD SE30 with 27,804 km in metallic purple and it will cost you $708,393.

The brand new car is a LHD SE30 with 195 km in metallic black and it will cost you $525,000.

At least we have choices!

11. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    That's right, I must have been going off the price of the RHD example in a different currency; I thought they were similar for some reason.

My apologies Joe, but I stand by my choice. :D

12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    That's the beauty of choices.

13. lince

lince Karting

Sep 26, 2006
    I think the choice would be more on will you use it somehow or just store it.
    Plus i think se30 must be purple

14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #1715 joe sackey, Aug 26, 2017
    The notion that an ultra-low miles Lamborghini is destined for storage is not always reality, in this case especially as there is not a huge premium attached to the price of 089. In fact, it is much more competitively priced than the purple car, and it can be purchased and used on the basis that it represents an unrepeatable opportunity to purchase a 'new' SE30 at a fair price. We are seeing people buy ultra low-mileage classic Lamborghinis and then using them often, case in point the owner of the older era Countach S 1121098 who uses it regularly, as often spotted online, despite the fact that it was predicted here in this section that this car would just be stored.

SE30 purple is a cool color, but, an SE30 does not have to be purple (unless you own a purple one, of course), that's why Automobili Lamborghini SpA made them in so many other super-cool colors. I was at the Lamborghini factory when they were building these cars in the mid-90s and I recall seeing lots of different colors, examples of which are depicted throughout this thread. Also, on a personal basis, I have had excellent success finding homes for some incredible non-purple SE30s as depicted below, and I note that some non-purple SE30 colors can actually bring a premium.

15. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood
    #1716 jollygood, Aug 27, 2017

Sorry, my mistake. I was simply referring to the 4 tiny pics on eBay front page. I didn't pay enough attention and missed the other excellent pictures on the Flickr link here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sterlingsackey/sets/72157685520732653/with/36696563656/

16. lince

lince Karting

Sep 26, 2006
    Of courrse color is to taste, what I meant is that for me it must be purple its like the mental image i get from an se30 in my mind, and love that such a color could look and make look a car

17. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    No worries, it was apparent to me you missed the link.

Yes understood, you own a purple SE30 and I'd agree the best color is usually the one you own, meanwhile, Nero Metallizzato is both super-rare on an SE30 and a handsome color for any type of sports car.

18. elms

elms Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    DCS
    #1719 elms, Aug 29, 2017
    Last week I eventually found time to take mine for a decent drive.

I did about 80-90 miles on what was basically a shake down test staying semi locally before I venture further a-field.

Things I noted on my first drive in it for a long time.

1. The weight - It really does feel like a light car compared to the standard models (two and four wheel drive). You can really throw it around like you can with a F40.

2. The power - Even by todays standards and the other cars I have the power is savage. It picks up speed very quickly, and the way the torque is delivered means that getting up to Motorway speeds is very easy.

4. In town - The rear width is always at the back of your mind, but the steering is light and well weighted so driving in a busy town is easy to do.

5. Ventilation - The SE30s up and also downside, the small quarter light windows may look cool, but that's the only cool thing about them. On a hot day they don't allow airflow to keep the cabin cool. Air Con? It was a token gesture from Lamborghini I am sure. Its like sitting in front of a hairdryer set to warm blow! I have a extra fan in the car now which helps though.

Values, there is another RHD one up for sale for £500k. But would I sell mine for that? No!

In rough figures F40s are twice the price, and with only 150 SE30 vs not far off 10 times that for F40s, I cant see what I would replace it with.

19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Dion,

Thank you for sharing this, your excellent post has conclusively proven two things:

1. Black is the meanest most aggressive most sinister Diablo SE30 color bar none, period :D

2. Our 089 is the best SE30 deal in the world, full stop :eek:

Your pictures are stunning by the way!

20. p30lam

p30lam Rookie

May 8, 2017
    Dion great to see you dusted her off and got some her out on the road! I couldn't agree with you more on the handling. As you probably saw in the CAR Magazine article, I had the pleasure of some hard driving in mine on Monte Bondoni (Lake Garda) and on the St Bernard Pass in Switz/Italy. Couldn't believe how nimble through the pins but just how much power was available coming out of them. 2nd gear is an unbelievable versatile gear for braking and accelerating. I also agree re Value. Just sit tight. There are only 8 RHDs left on the planet of 15 made. How many F40s are there out there?.......

21. p30lam

p30lam Rookie

May 8, 2017
    #1722 p30lam, Aug 30, 2017
    Great to see Dion and his RHD Black SE30 back on the road. I couldn't agree more qith his synopsis. P30LAM and I were fortunate enough to join the Flight from St Agata 2 team under Mel Nichols which was published in CAR Magazine earlier this year (Jan Edition). I had the pleasure of driving P30LAM hard both on Monte Bondoni (Lake Garda) and also up and down both the Italian and Swiss sides of The St Bernard Pass. I drive several modern supercars but few has the sheer versatility, grunt and simplicity of the SE30 on the limit. And NONE give so much pleasure whilst also reminding you there are no fancy things to keep you alive if you get it wrong..... Dion summed it up perfectly. And as for price, there are 8 RHDs known to be left of an original 15 made......sit tight. How many F40s do you see.....

22. p30lam

p30lam Rookie

May 8, 2017
  23. Diablo_4_Ever

Diablo_4_Ever Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    #1724 Diablo_4_Ever, Aug 30, 2017
    089, probably the most original as-new car on the market right now; I think black looks great on the SE. I have never seen the car but Nero Metallizzato seems to be more pearlish than Deep Metal Black. This car previously had a mph speedometer (see pic) and was listed about 10 years ago with 236kms at John Scotti. Later it was offered with a kmh speedometer and 191kms. Perhaps Quebec legislation requires a kmh speedometer? I wonder whether the current odometer reading is miles or kms? 046 was listed at John Scotti with 144kms at the time (and with a kmh speedometer), I believe it has over 400kms now.

There are other SE out there with very low mileage. I do wonder how many miles the Sultan of Brunei's yellow SE has; must be very low but I've heard that this car is not in the greatest shape as it hasn't been properly stored and maintained.

24. Diablo_4_Ever

Diablo_4_Ever Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    Nice car Dion. Are you still considering removing the enlarged air intakes?
    Your car is the only SE that I know of with a golden bull logo on the passenger side dashboard. Do you know if this is original? Judging by the early road test articles, it has always had this.