Countach Downdraft 1985 to 1988.5 | Page 279 | FerrariChat

Countach Downdraft 1985 to 1988.5

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by joe sackey, Oct 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Joe,

I think the issue here (at least from my little knothole) is that you come across very brash and self assured in your posts, forgetting how you have slammed other cars in the past. For example, you are defending your Countach, but have no problem slamming someone elses:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/141849602-post15336.html

I for one really take offense to your assertion that those of us with fuel injected cars wish we had bought a DD car. At least in my case, nothing could be further from the truth.

As Roy can attest, back in 2009 when I was looking for a Countach, I had only 1 stipulation, that the car be fuel injected. I had just come away from 17 years of ownership of a 1980 Maserati 4Porte w/ (4) 42DCNF carbs, a 1983 Lamborghini Jalpa w/ (4) 42DCNF carbs and a euro spec 1980 Maserati 4Porte, again with (4) 42DCNF carbs. I was tires of keeping Weber in business every year when I went through all 12 carbs to clean and rebuild, LOL! The last thing I wanted was another car with weber carbs.

Am I upset that a DD sells for more than a Fuel Injected car? Not at all. No more upset than I would be with a P400 Miura over an SV even given the price differences between them. I personally like the P400 better. Just like I prefer the Fuel Injected 5000QV over the DD. When I was looking for a Countach, Roy had a gorgeous 1985 Black/Tan 5000QV DD for only about $20k more than I paid for my car. Do I wish I would have bought it instead? Not at all. A fuel injected car is what I wanted.

I think you need to realize that there are people out there who prefer a different variant than you like. There is nothing wrong with that and they shouldn't be chastised for it.

The homologation is not that big of an issue to me. After all, as you've stated, it was a defunt class by the time Lamborghini went through the effort to do it. But, others did the same thing. Maserati homologated the Biturbo! And not just the first iteration! They updated it with each release of a new Biturbo model. What has that got Maserati? Heck, the poor Biturbo seems to make everyones "least desirable" list. I never thought it was that bad! I even owned an '85 model for several years. :)

Mike

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Ahhh, we see, so you have an axe to grind from years ago, I get it, fair play.

Actually, the last post I made in the 25th thread was just days ago :eek: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/145543535-post2985.html and in fact I am the very last person to post in the 25th Anniversary thread http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/lamborghinichat-com-sponsored-cats-exotics/394041-countach-25th-anniversario-150.html

Allan, you're full of crap, your entire premise for hating is about as credible as that fake name you post under, and the whole basis of yours & Roy's blatant hating is jealousy.

As I've said before and will say again, if only you had a Downdraft, boy would you be singing a different tune.

One only has to ask the basic question, if you cared nothing for the Downdraft or indeed this car, why do you visit this thread EVERY SINGLE DAY? Same question goes for Roy.

The more attention you draw to this car, the more this happens http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/145558481-post6949.html and the more I realize how special this particular Countach is to cause this much fuss :eek: :D

3. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    LOL

Yes Joe, the black cars titles SAYS TMU. As for what the other car, please
    provide me evidence of it's inop ODO, and I will immediately tag its
    Title as TMU right away. It's the right thing to do, make a prospective owner
    aware of it, but as I said, it's not a death sentence for these cars or yours..
    just needs to be disclosed is all.

As far as I want a DD. No thanks, recall I have had 4, drove them, enjoyed them
    and sold them. I truly prefer my 6.0SE cars.

But, as others have stated, your way of delivery is a HIGHER THEN ALL
    OTHERS God like talk...

AND I CAN GUARANTEE YOU.... you or no better then me nor anyone
    else here...we are all good and great. We all matter.

4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Mike,

I understand & accept where you are coming from, I really do, and perhaps a different tone should ensue in the future. But understand also, the minute I started to extol the virtues of the Downdraft, the haters came out and thats my way of dealing with them. This is a two-way street.

That said, there is nothing to "defend" about my Countach that has not already been posted for 10 years. So too, I do not consider someone mentioning Raymond's parking-lot dent as an accident to be a slam to me, heck, I'm not that insecure, and I'm happy to discuss it. In the same way, I do not consider mentioning accidents about other cars in the past as slamming them.

I don't think my delivery is brash, I'm just a guy who gets to the point, I don't mince words and I'm not afraid to say what's on my mind. I happen to think there is nothing wrong with being self-assured, if you are also open to learning and amending your received wisdom.

I completely accept that some people always wanted a Fuelie and in fact prefer a Fuelie, and in fact I have said so. Bear in mind I have also said, that I like all the variants from LP400 to 25th having had the good fortune to own them and understand the benefits of each.

That said, I have also said, repeatedly, that just because someone extols the virtues of one variant does mean they are automatically disparaging other variants.

Nobody has to come to this thread and read if they don't care for the Downdraft or my posts, so one wonders why they keep coming back.

5. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Roy,

This is the DOWNDRAFT thread, where people gather to extol the virtues, enthuse, seek information about and appreciate the Downdraft.

The thread was not started to solicit to b!tching, whining, complaining and hating on the Downdraft :)

So my friend, the simple question is begged, if the Downdraft is a "No Thanks" for you, WHY do you waste your time in the Downdraft thread every single day? :eek: :D

6. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    SO ridiculous....I would say less then 5% that come here, own a DD....so now your saying only DD owners should come here?? NUTS

I come here as I 95% enjoy reading things here and looking a fantastic pictures, as is and I have stated prior your car as well...beautiful pictures... BUT you know what, I look at Playboy every month....it has great pictures as well, but that doesn't mean I want one of them as well....as a matter of fact been there, done that, enjoyed it as well and moved on.

The other 5% I come here is to laugh at some of the greater then all others you remind us each day that you are here.

After all, you do provide for good entertainment....please keep me smiling!!

Have a great Holiday weekend...

7. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    So people who people gather to extol the virtues, enthuse, seek information about and appreciate the Downdraft can only be owners?

Where did I say only DD owners should come here?

Are you high or just drunk again?

As I said, the thread was not started to solicit to b!tching, whining, complaining and hating on the Downdraft , which, is your only contribution here.

As Ive said before, you offer ZERO in terms of useful contribution to the community, so, what's your purpose here besides the aforementioned?

Let me help you with what I and others are saying http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/145557493-post6943.html if you don't have anything useful and positive to contribute, eff off :eek: :D

8. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    WOW

Such language and personnel assaults

Can you remind us all how old you are today??

9. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Stop complaining, I don't see any "personnel assaults" (sic), I see frank observations.

Actually, my language is always measured and relevant, unlike yours anytime you post past 4pm.

Judging by my language & contributions to the community, I must be a LOT older than you, but, apparently I'm not.

Rick summed it up best: "I have to say, the haters on this thread look stupid. … No need to hate. Get out of this thread I (and many many others) are sick of reading your crappy posts."

10. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Yes Joe, you are the perfect person, I keep forgetting.

11. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Still waiting for documentation to back up your claim of TMU
    on a vehicle is still have in inventory??

Or was that just a flash in the pan statement to reflect your issues??

12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Hey Roy, the free pass I gave you on your bull***** expired :eek: :D

13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Go back and ask some previous owners, do your homework and you'll find out :rolleyes:

FWIW, it's people who are sick & tired of your drunk posts who are voluntarily offering up this information to me! :)

14. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Here is the problem, remove the haters,And the asslickers(rumpeslikkers) there would be a Very tiny audience.

15. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    LOL. you are so two faced.
    I ask you to provide evidence to support your claim, just as I
    did with your car. SOLID evidence.

However, as usual, like a Monkey backed up against its cage, you
    lash back with unsustantied, derogatory and undocumented evidence
    just as you always do with others property.

I would encourage you to DOCUMENT your slanderous and unfounded
    accusations.

YOU OWE it to community, inquiring minds want to know.

So provide or just stay in your monkey cage rating it.

16. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Maybe if you had done "your homework" this direction of the thread
    would have never taken place.

17. Often Joe you have been quite the wordsmith. It's really not surprising to see the backlash from time to time. Most just want to talk about the cars, and if you do, then there is no reason for personal jabs.

Roy. I thought you were going to be the better man and let this go.

Im closing this thread until tomorrow.

18. It's a new day & fresh start. Back to the discussion on Lamborghinis.

19. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    I was told the Countach has a very heavy clutc , and its impossible to back up, my neigbors friends wife, met a guy who knew another guy wich was told this on a cruise back in the mid 90 s. Is this true?

20. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Total BS, clutch is heavy but no more so than anything else of the period, and backing up is not really an issue.

21. :) Howard Wasdin, a Navy Seal, once said if I could talk you out it, then you shouldn't do it. Same with Countach ownership.

22. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    How do you know? More so than my meighbors wifes friend?

23. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Sorry. Cousins friends neighbor. I think. Could poss be the other way around. Not shure anyway. This is the informative educational contributions to the Countach comunity. We need more of. Today we learned two things. Heavy clutch is BS. And its poss to drive in reverse. All good

24. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    I have one

25. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Actually my clutch feels light to me. Is there a way to measure the pressure needed to enagage. Maybe we could all take a sample to document and discuss?
    Rob