Miura, the original supercar | Page 632 | FerrariChat

Miura, the original supercar

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by joe sackey, Dec 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Is this a RHD car?

2. Claudione

Claudione Rookie

Jan 22, 2012
    Sorry, I can't say.

3. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    #15778 bernardo66, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Boomhauer likes this.
  4. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
  5. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    #3447 sold in France to VPM the 18th April 1968

colors were : Argento Indiana / nero

6. GaetanVDK

GaetanVDK Karting

Oct 20, 2015
    BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
    Full Name:
    GAETAN VDK
    Anybody know the chassis number?

7. vfinaldi

vfinaldi Formula Junior

Robert W likes this.
  8. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Fantastic, hope to see it soon!

9. vfinaldi

vfinaldi Formula Junior

Most certainly Joe! She is still slumbering at a family storage garage while my local one is completed. Almost done and then she returns!

10. Claudione

Claudione Rookie

Jan 22, 2012
    #15786 Claudione, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Here are some pictures of the Miuras on show at Modena Motor Gallery, last week end.
    A total of three cars where on display, plus two unpainted bodies going through restoration.
    As far as I know none was for sale.
    Is it me or there is something wrong with the orange car tail section??

11. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Thanks for posting the photos. Agreed the flat section above the tail light on the orange car is 2 to 3 times taller than it should be.

Cheers Jim

12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I see what you see, looks like the proverbial coda-lunga Miura.

Whilst making observations, the black car's S badge is upside-down, and the tail of the Miura script is bent upwards.

13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    tautaudu02 likes this.
  14. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    http://blog.dupontregistry.com/sponsored/barn-find-lamborghini-miura-p400-s-sale/

Very old and original Chassis #3802 being offered again for sale.

Purchased and sold by us about 2 years ago. Original paint with a few areas of spot work and pretty much left un-touched.

Very interesting post-production but late 60's era interior and Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login rear louvers in a plexiglass material with chrome brackets. Very cool and different. A few photos from 2015 when we had the car.

Not affiliated with the sale this time around!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud and S_AGATA like this.
  15. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Regarding the ex Tony Iommi Miura SV #4814 Del Hopkins said the following on Kidston's FB page a few days ago:

"I have to be in the unfortunate position of being the first person to have damaged this car, when it was new In 72 I had finished the pre delivery inspection and on road test the rear body section , which had not property locked and opened up whist on test and damaged the rear end which taught me a valuable lesson and since that happened whenever I was testing Miuras I always stopped after a few minutes got out and checked the rear section to insure it was locked."

If I was Tony I'd have demanded a new rear clam, though from what I read in this thread they just used filler to repair it.

16. espada1952

espada1952 Karting

May 4, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    stephen keen
    When I owned it I backed into a tree and all the filler fell out .S Keen

miurasv likes this.
  17. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Yes, I remember you saying. I've heard of this happening on a few Miuras, mainly SVs. I know it's a case of not closing the latch but is it something to do with the single latch on the SV?

18. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    With regards to the tail and the plexi louvers, how did they keep the engine from overheating? Do you know if they flexed to an open position?

19. revio

revio Karting

May 9, 2006
    France
    Full Name:
    Thibault
  20. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Some of you guys probably know this already, but i got a text from my French customer mr Jean Ricci, he owns Bertone,with his brother.They are proposing a new Miura to the Volkswagen group,and are having a design contest open to all of us out there with design skills,there is a link on the Bertone web site, anyway,its a hybrid set up, but the guidlines have certain requrements reg Bertone history,functionality and so on, check it out pretty cool.

21. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
  22. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #15799 joe sackey, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    I've been on their site and I see lots of architectural, industrial and clothing design, but nothing about the Miura you speak of, besides, I thought they were out of the car business per se?

Understandably I am skeptical this will go anywhere because Lamborghini regularly receives proposals from different entities which never make it to the light of day, because in recent times they favor the in-house design approach which is much more efficient to them. The old Lamborghini - Bertone relationship was a legendary and important one through the 60s, 70s & 80s, but I believe that era is over.

Meanwhile, link please?

23. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Bertone is owned by Akka tecnologies,a French company mainly,with 15000 employees worlwide, they build the majority of Daimler Benz prototypes and show cars, their no 2 customer is VW group, this why they bought Bertone, anyway this is happening,wether they get the contract to build the Miura or not,remains to be seen,anyway it is named design contest road to 1966, i will gladly forward the e mail if wanted,