Gated Manual 360 Coupes - Modena Market | Page 54 | FerrariChat

Gated Manual 360 Coupes - Modena Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kevin Rev'n, Apr 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. innerstrength1@

innerstrength1@ Karting

Jan 29, 2017
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Dan B
    67bmer, not sure if you were referring to my car or not, but the car I recently purchased has 4,700 miles.

rajagopalan_Kg likes this.
  2. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    It sounds like you bought a *potential future collectible....whether or not any of these cars becomes collectible, remains to be seen however.
    In terms of price, I would say you paid for qualities that are important to you. That's all that matters, and how it should be.

3. Rowan

Rowan Rookie

Nov 12, 2003
    Was this the car on Marshall Goldman's site?

4. Chiaroman

Chiaroman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    Sounds like you got a well maintained car.

Now you have the perfect opportunity to drive the @%!% out of it!!!

Good luck with your purchase and of course you minimized your chances of a problem by doing your homework.

5. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
  6. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Ad says Euro car and not registerable in CA

7. Texas Turbo

Texas Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Is there a reason Euro 360's can't be registered in CA? I have a 2000 Euro I'd like to register in CA... it has successfully been registered in NY, MI and TX. Anything I should know before I try to register it in CA?

8. innerstrength1@

innerstrength1@ Karting

Jan 29, 2017
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Dan B
    Thank you. I felt like I did my due diligence. Now I just can't wait for it to roll off the back of the transporter!!!! And yes, it will be driven.

9. innerstrength1@

innerstrength1@ Karting

Jan 29, 2017
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Dan B
    Yes

10. cranky

cranky Karting

Aug 7, 2011
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Michael S
    A euro car properly converted can be registered anywhere. This car was probably salvage and can't be resold in California.

11. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Right but that still leaves the rest of the country to buy it and even then I feel the asking price is fair.

12. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    It takes A LOT more work and is even close to impossible in most cases. It's been a while since I've researched it but you need to get extra certifications from the CARB I believe which is what makes it so difficult. I would avoid it if I were you.

13. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Thread hasnt been updated for a while. Looks like the market has gone down like all ferraris.

I guess I would be one of the few left who will own a gated 360 in 10 years, I like that idea.

14. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I will be right there with you. My 360 stick is the only mid-V8 Ferrari I'll ever need for the rest of my life. I turn sixty in a week, and it's an interesting... juncture.

hessank and cavlino like this.
  15. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo

The future will show us who among us are really passionate about the 360, and not the ferrari speculators.

I hope the car trades for $1 because its worth is not how much people want to pay for it, but how much owners value it.

Iwould like to be a member of these group of owners.

hessank and G. Pepper like this.
  16. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    What i would like to do with mine is drive it till it reaches 100k miles then restore/repaint it.

bberg009 likes this.
  17. dreichman

dreichman Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    That’s exactly what’s going on with the long nose 911’s now. Sounds like a good plan!

18. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Ditto!
    I'm 61 next month and we'll revisit this thread in 10 years and have a chuckle.

bberg009, cavlino and G. Pepper like this.
  19. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    I will see you guys in Pebble Beach at Concorso Italiano at the 360 Section.

hessank and G. Pepper like this.
  20. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    That's my ultimate goal. I'm going to start local and learn the ropes, and move up when I'm confident enough.

21. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
  22. Jonsav

Jonsav Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2014
    Canada
    MalcQV and G. Pepper like this.
  23. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I lost my regularity with searching out the cars and VINs and now just poke around the market very infrequently. I sort of hoped that this thread would become more a collection of other interested folks doing the work and putting new car adds in here and I could just collect them and make a chart when enough data presented itself. LOL

"Who us?" lol
    "I know, I know" :) hahaha

For 2017 I found ~41 cars for sale
    Q1 = 13 cars
    average asking = $113,329
    average miles = 19,683
    Q2 = only 8 cars added to the data set
    avg asking = $110,422
    avg miles = 16,173
    Q3 = only added 9 cars
    avg asking = $103,150
    avg miles = 25,152
    Q4 TBD

So this kind of look would indicate a downtrend right? but also a change in the makeup of the Quarterly Data. The new cars added in Q3 had more miles as a group so these cars "should" create a lower pricing data point as a group right? Could be folks selling the cars before winter and these "might" be folks who enjoyed their cars and are moving on before the tougher to sell months. It's hard for me to chart the data in a meaningful way with so few cars being collected (my fault). I do have almost 280 cars in the data base now which is about 35% of all the cars brought to North America. I use 780 as the baseline total.

If you are a buyer today there are not a lot of cars to choose between from what I see. This is good for value if you have one. They have held value well and the bottom of the market cars are very few between.

24. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    Gated Yellow coupe at McLaren Philadelphia $76,000 been for sale for ever
    http://www.rdsautomotivegroup.com/inventory/details/ZFFYR51AXX0116587/1999-Ferrari-360--for-sale-in-West-Chester-PA-19382/?dealer=rds

Gated Red coupe in Frisco looks nice with 16,000 miles for $86,000 been for sale for a while
    http://www.specialtysales.com/inventory?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q%5Byear_gteq%5D=&q%5Byear_lteq%5D=&q%5Bmake_name_eq%5D=Ferrari&q%5Bmodel_name_eq%5D=&q%5Basking_price_gteq%5D=&q%5Basking_price_lteq%5D=&commit=Search&q%5Bs%5D=&q%5Bstock_cont%5D=&main_description=&q%5Bshowroom_id_eq%5D=

Gated Red coupe in Arizona with 20,000 miles, price drops daily.... $88,000
    https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ctd/d/2003-ferrari-360-modena-coupe/6413994522.html

These are all priced too high otherwise they wouldn't be sitting for sale. Asking ain't getting. These cars are not an easy sale right now.

25. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    This one looks like such a nice spec and it's at a dealer who probably has 10 ways to get you into this car so I really dont understand it. In my records it started at 99K, then dropped to 90, then 88, then 74 and back to where it is now at 77K! Priced to sell so what is the story?

THis car was for sale in Arizona in April of 2015 for 85K. In my records it had 15,250 miles on it. Now 2 1/2 years later it is for sale at 86 and 16,012 miles. That doesn't pass the smell test for a good car does it? 762 miles in 30 months! Also their cars.com ad doesnt even show the interior so you cant tell it's a stick. A lot of cars say "manual 6 speed" that aren't. Seems fishy to me.

Looks priced to sell also. The passenger airbag bubbles could be fixed and it looks like they sell nice cars so I wonder why no love?