SE 30 thread | Page 71 | FerrariChat

SE 30 thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by kane00, Nov 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Diablo_4_Ever

Diablo_4_Ever Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    Perhaps. Both are high-mileage cars, which is great and irrelevant as long as the cars were well maintained, but it might affect current value. The titanium car had damage (advertised as unfallfrei), I inspected it when it was offered by a restoration company. The black car had some modifications before, I don't know about its condition but the color combination seems unique. It was previously owned by a guy with a Motorcycle Museum (Auto-Zweirad in Pleidelsheim), he used it on the racetrack until 2008. Optional electric windows. With modified exhaust, said to have different camshaft and cylinder heads "increasing output by 150HP" (I doubt it). For sale since 2015; first listed at 255K Euro, then 389K after which the price gradually dropped to its current value.

2. The only se30's which really trade above USD 300'000 are purple ones with the blue alcantara interior. The ones with a the grey alcantara interior are already trading at a discount. Purple se30's with the standard leather are difficult to sell. All the other colors are very difficult to sell at higher prices.

The following car was offered in the end at below USD 300'000 as it didn't sell for a long time:

http://www.lutziger-classiccars.ch/lamborghini-Diablo-SE-30--1994-Schwarz_k855fNWHTXledY0idpORvA.aspx

The history of the car was without any doubt. It was first bought by a big collector in Switzerland and stayed with him for almost 20 years.

The following car has been for sale since quite a while too:

https://www.autoscout24.ch/de/d/lamborghini-diablo-coupe-1996-occasion?index=2&make=43&model=655&sort=price_desc&st=1&vehid=5040112&vehtyp=10&returnurl=%2fde%2fautos%2flamborghini--diablo%3fmake%3d43%26model%3d655%26sort%3dprice_desc%26st%3d1%26vehtyp%3d10%26r%3d5

Jotas are a different story. They can trade at a massive premium.

In my opinion only purple cars with the blue alcantara interior can be sold at USD 300'000 and more except really low mileage cars like the black one offered in this thread. There might be a collector who is willing to pay a premium for such a "brand new" car.

3. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Perhaps.

But by way of example, we have sold purple, red, black and white SE30s (all with leather interiors) for anywhere from $50,000 to $235,000 above that figure.

4. If I ever should sell one of my cars I will contact you for sure. It seems you achieve the best possible price.

5. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    still available?

6. Diablo_4_Ever

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    Owned by swiss2000

7. Diablo_4_Ever

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    Your comments make no sense to me, there are quite a lot of non-purple/blue cars that sold over that price in recent years. This color combination might be sought after as it was special for the SE, but it was also the most common.

8. No, it was sold in the end after the owner reduced the price quite a lot.

9. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    The fact is still "surprising"...

Starting from a price level these 2x cars have extensive history, thanks for the comments, after reaching top asking prices (like many others), they are now going down...

Is this just a coincidence ?

or a market trend ? looking at Diablo 6.0 VT in Europe they are now -25% below asking price of 1st 2017 trimester, and SV are also going down like the one RHD sold yesterday by Bonhams at Goodwood - UK...

10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Happy to help you anytime.

Olivier,

As we know different variants have differing markets hot or cool at different times, so for purposes of objective discussion, let's stick with the limited-edition SE30s, the thread's topic.

From my sold experience, if you have a no-stories low-mileage example of an SE30 in superb condition that has been well-maintained, you'll do well and the trend for those is not downwards by any means.

That said, one phenomena that I have spoken about in the past, affects the sales of these cars, including great examples is, if a car has been on the market seemingly forever & ever, especially starting at a high price that is subsequently reduced, this kills it's desirability in the eyes of a prospective buyer. How do I know this? I am told this by prospective buyers, often. The perception is, that the car did not sell because the initial ask was too high, so, it then becomes a game of waiting to see how much the seller will reduce the price by. Some great cars are caught up in this type of scenario, and, because timing is everything, it doesn't necessarily mean that going forward the market for there is headed anywhere but upwards for excellent examples thoughtfully marketed.

11. Mr Mezzanotte

Mr Mezzanotte Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2006
    UK
    my Six Sigma training (as used by Lamborghini since the Chrysler days) would tell me you need 3 points in a direction (up or down) to dictate a trend.
    A single value won't cut it.

12. licodix

licodix Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    Central
    Full Name:
    Barchetta Mad Max
    Good Points. Market is a bit unstable these days.

But how about SE30 Jotas?
    Any real price lead for today's value?

13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    :D

Jotas are rare, so, there are far less market comps to establish value.

That said, last year @ RM auction's May 14th 2016 Monaco sale, Lot number 241, SE30 Jota 132/150, a nice but not perfect car, sold for 672,000 Euros, which is like $803,712 today.

As I posted earlier, today's markets are very polarized with huge value ranges across the same variant, and, different cars have different markets, some hot, some cool. In short it pays to analyze the market properly, and it is true, some models, variants or even individual cars are cool.

That said, by way of example in favor of solid markets, this past month I've sold two GTOs for the best part of $3m each, and, someone paid almost $4m for a low-mileage one (729 kms) this weekend at RM's Maranello sale, so, perhaps the sky is not falling.

14. licodix

licodix Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    Central
    Full Name:
    Barchetta Mad Max
    Your personal valuation of a JOTA?

15. Diablo_4_Ever

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    Do the North American SE have a VVT engine?

16. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I defer to the most recent market result as above, FWIW I've personally never handled an SE30 Jota.

17. christiann

christiann Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    We can give it shot Joe. The # starts with 1 and has a lot of zero's behind it.

18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    :D

19. Diablo_4_Ever

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    Just did some research regarding this. Noticed that based on chassisnumbers the Euro/base SE have 5.7v12VVT engine vs. US/Canada 5.7v12. From the parts catalogue it follows that the US/Canada cars have different valves, among other things. What are the implications in terms of output?

20. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    VVT motors first appeared in 1998 MY, so, no, the SE30s do not have VVT engines

21. Diablo_4_Ever

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    Ok. But like I said, based on the VIN the North American cars have a different engine code than the base model:

Digit 7 = Engine (0=3.5v8, 5=5.5v12, 7=5.7v12, 2=5.7v12VVT, 1=v12VVT)

I take it that this VIN explanation is not applicable to the SE

For those interested, regarding the valves/performance I found an old comment here:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/se-30-thread.130029/page-6#post-138450719

22. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  23. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Look here

http://www.gday.com/lambo/misc/vins.htm

that should help

the US spec SE30s used same VIN code as the VT's (7)...but the engine was not entirely the same as Victor noted in the link above from 2009

24. hashiriya

hashiriya Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2010
    SE with VVT means it was 6.0SE - the 2000-2001 version, each chassis had received a plate "6.0 special edition".

25. Diablo_4_Ever

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    020/150 back on the market in Italy at 490K euro after it didn't sell at 355K euro high bid a few months ago, which already seemed a very high bid for this car in my opinion.