Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA West > Hawaii

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Ahi
Any exotic owners Big Island?

Just wandering if there are exotic car owners out here on big island. I think I once saw a Bentley coupe. Also, my neighbor has a Pentera.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-03-2011, 01:10 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Bob
I saw a 308 in Waikoloa Resort in December but that is really the only one I have seen. I wonder where one would service their cars maybe that is why you don't see too many Fcars. Would you have to ship them to CA or Oahu to get a major service?

There are some truly amazing drives on the Big Island. It would be incredible to have a Fcar there especially on the roads North Kohala going towards and past Hawi. Everytime I'm on the Big Island I try to imagine driving a Ferrari unfortunately it doesn't translate with a Pontiac rental car.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:28 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

For minor oil changes and what not, a Ferreri tech comes from Oahu to service my F cars. Actually in couple weeks, a tech is coming out to work on my 458. My f430, I sometime just take it to a local shop here for simple oil changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RE886 View Post
I saw a 308 in Waikoloa Resort in December but that is really the only one I have seen. I wonder where one would service their cars maybe that is why you don't see too many Fcars. Would you have to ship them to CA or Oahu to get a major service?

There are some truly amazing drives on the Big Island. It would be incredible to have a Fcar there especially on the roads North Kohala going towards and past Hawi. Everytime I'm on the Big Island I try to imagine driving a Ferrari unfortunately it doesn't translate with a Pontiac rental car.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:53 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Mark Passarelli
I am down here in Naalehu near South Point. Although I specialize in Mercedes 300SL I am capable of most facets of repair and restoration of all European Classics pre 1990 or so. www.w194.com Mark Passarelli 808 443 9100
Old 06-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Kevin M.
Was in Kona about a month ago. Obviously lots of top-down drivers enjoying that great weather but was really surprised by the "lack of talent" (car-wise ).
Spotted a single NSX and a nice 911 but that was about it.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:59 AM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksu View Post
Also, my neighbor has a Pentera.
White Pantera usually at Costco parking lot?
I once saw two Diablos heading north out of Kona.
There is a very nice older lady with an Avanti.
I have seen a Mondial in Kona and it didn't look like a rental.
The two guys at the repair shop on the corner close to Killer Tacos has a couple of nice vintage Corvettes.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Mark
I live on the Hilo side of the Island and have a 328 GTS, an Alfa 1750 GTV, and a Cobra replica. No need to send the cars anywhere for maintenance. I have a highly competent semi-retired mechanic friend who keeps them in fine fettle.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

I'm not sure if my neighbor is usually parked at Costco, but I'm assuming it's him. Glassman, are you currently residing in Kona?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassman View Post
White Pantera usually at Costco parking lot?
I once saw two Diablos heading north out of Kona.
There is a very nice older lady with an Avanti.
I have seen a Mondial in Kona and it didn't look like a rental.
The two guys at the repair shop on the corner close to Killer Tacos has a couple of nice vintage Corvettes.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-03-2011, 08:01 PM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksu View Post
Glassman, are you currently residing in Kona?
Back home next week for a while. Then back to Montana for the summer.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:48 PM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Jay
RED FORD GT near Hilo

I saw a red ford Gt with white stripes when I was in Hilo on my way to the Volcano park. Anybody here?
Old 06-19-2011, 02:27 PM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Black Cobra replica on Thursday headed towards Kona from the Hilton area.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:06 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Albert
Been staying at Hilton Waikaloa for past 4 days. Most exotic thing I've seen driving around the island were a couple of 911's. I agree that the roads appear to be fabulous for driving an F-car. On my way to and from the Volcano park, driving the rental Ford Fusion, I averaged about 70+mph and was passing everything in sight. A lot of fun!
Old 08-27-2011, 01:14 PM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

That's why I chose the Big Island.. I am anticipating hosting the Gullwing Group Convention in a few years. Once I can secure a group shipping rate from one of the carriers.

Last edited by Pass; 08-27-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Albert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass View Post
That's why I chose the Big Island.. I am anticipating hosting the Gullwing Group Convention in a few years. Once I can secure a group shipping rate from one of the carriers.
Wow, will that only include just 300 SL's or newer SLS AMG's as well. If you get a great turnout of the 300 SL's that would rank right up there with seeing those 22 Ferrari 250 GTO's all lined up together on the coast of Pebble Beach, last weekend. How many gullwings do you anticipate?
Old 08-27-2011, 04:02 PM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

So far.. IF the GWG Board approves the venue I have at least 10 people that are willing to ship their cars. Most of them have shipped before to Australia for the Adelade Ralley. And yes you can join the Gullwing Group as an associate with a SLS or any vintage Mercedes. We have many members that come to the conventions and still do the ralley even in their rental cars. GWG is pretty laid back.

Last edited by Pass; 08-27-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:07 PM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

ferrari's

aloha, i'm geoff in puna and am currently restoring a carburetted 308 gt4, i also have a numerous porsches, a 59 bugeye, a puma, and several vintage british bikes. at one point i had 14 911's. there's more cars here than you think. cheers, geoff
Non-Sponsor Ads