Paint & Body Shop Recommendations | FerrariChat

Paint & Body Shop Recommendations

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by dsevo, Sep 29, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Wondering if any of you know of a trustworthy paint shop for re-spraying a bumper cover? I'm going to call the high end dealers on the island tomorrow, but thought I would ask for some recommendations from this esteemed group. Thanks in advance.

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    JL Autobody does a lot of custom work and they are very good. Illusion off Ward/Queen does very good work, too.

BMW uses Central Auto Body
    Lexus uses Acme
    Porsche uses Busters
    Mercedes used to own TAPC, not sure about now

3. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Thanks for the reply. It's for a 997 Turbo. I will take a look at your recommendations.

4. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I stopped by JL today and let Joel look at the bumper. Seems like he knows his stuff. I will likely use him, but I'd still like to get some other opinions.

5. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Any feedback good or bad on Baba's Auto Gloss? They were recommended by JN Exotics, and by the looks of their pictures have worked on several high end cars.

6. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  7. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Thanks, I will definitely check that out.

I planned on using Baba's, but today I got an estimate at Buster's (Porsche uses them), and I made an appointment with them. They do a lot of work for Porsche, and their work looked good as far as I could tell. They use the same paint as Porsche too.

8. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Just want to give a final update incase anyone else is in need of a bumper spray on the island. I did end up using Buster's (dealt with David, the owner), and the work was flawless. The color match is perfect, it was the cheapest of three estimates, and they also fixed a minor imperfection in the paint that I forgot to tell them about. I am borderline nuts about my cars being perfect, and I will not even think twice about using them again. Just $.02 from a very satisfied customer. Aloha!

9. 808Forza

808Forza Formula Junior
    Owner

Jan 5, 2013
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Thanks for the update and feedback. Good to know. Glad it went well and above expectations.

10. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I'm glad everything worked out for you. I haven't used Baba's, but the detailer I use is Shea Mirafuentes at Shea's Luxury Detail. He's done cars for Porsche and also has a slew of clients with Ferraris, Ford Gt, Astons, GTRs, Porsches... Shea's Luxury Detail - Shea's Luxury Detail Hawaii

11. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Dustin thanks a lot for the feedback. I will check them out when the time comes. Somebody chime in when there is an Expel Film trained rep here!