348 spider on Volvo lot | FerrariChat

348 spider on Volvo lot

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by TrojanFan, Oct 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Anyone know the story on the red 348.spider on the Volvo lot on Ala Moana?

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    So there's finally a 348 Spider for sale here and I buy a new car. I feel like Charlie Brown. ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I didn't get any info on it. just a quick walk around the car and a look in the window. no price sticker on the window. I noticed some poorly touched up scratches in the paint and the passenger side door panel looked to be coming off.

4. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
  5. marco246

marco246 Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2004
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It looks very much like a car that was advertised about a year ago on CL as for sale in Kona, the Big Island, for $30K. The story was that the owner had to move to the Mainland in a hurry and just wanted to sell the car ASAP. In a few weeks the car reappeared in CL as for sale at over $50K in Pahoa. Presumably it sold for $30K or less and then the new owner hoped to flip it. It disappeared for a few months and reappeared in some rather obnoxious CL ads which were repeatedly flagged for vulgarity. I did not see the car, but the pictures looked alluring.

6. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Didn't that 348 have a weird Koa wood overlay on the shifter console?

7. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    rock under RF wheel = no parking brake?

seats are black, so I'm assuming they were re-upholstered.

8. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    Know it fairly well. Gave dealer in LA area an estimate on repair just before HI dealer bought it at highline auction. Significant project, both mechanically and cosmetically. Former Vegas rental.

9. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I should have known it wasn't a local car as there is no safety check sticker on the bumper. Is that the car that was on eBay multiple times?