Help Wanted... | FerrariChat

Help Wanted...

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by NYC Fred, Mar 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    So maybe I'll pack it in...been a miserable winter in NYC...move to Hawaii and flog baseball caps and t shirts to you guys?

Job Summary
    Company
    Ferrari Store - Waikiki
    Industries
    Retail
    Job Type
    Full Time
    Employee
    Years of Experience
    2+​ to 5 Years
    Education Level
    High School or equivalent
    Career Level
    Manager (Manager/​Supervisor of Staff)
    Salary

medical benefits and store monthly bonuses
    Assistant Store Manager - Ferrari Store
    About the Job
    Ferrari Store offers a distinctive shopping experience with a full range of exclusive merchandise and products under the logo sign of one of the most recognized luxury brands in the world. Ferrari Store in Waikiki, Honolulu is seeking a high caliber Assistant Store Manager who is competitive; has strong selling skills with luxury retail background; and can develop a growing client base for our Waikiki, Honolulu location. The ideal candidate must be passionate about selling the exclusive Ferrari brand and have a proven track record. Working with the Ferrari Store team will be fun, challenging, fast-pasted and rewarding. Ferrari Store offers a competitive compensation package paid vacation, medical benefits and opportunity to earn an attractive monthly store bonus/commission each month.

Description:
    Job Purpose:
    Serves customers by providing merchandise; supervising staff.

Duties:
    * Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.

* Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.

* Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.

* Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.

* Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.

* Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.

* Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.

* Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.

* Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.

* Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.

* Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.

* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.

* Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.

* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.

Skills/Qualifications:
    Customer Sales Focus, Tracking Budget Expenses, Vendor Relationships, Market Knowledge, Staffing, Results Driven, Strategic Planning, Management Proficiency, Client Relationships, Verbal Communication

2. lor2435

lor2435 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2005
    NYC
    What do you think. 40k salary?

3. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    Hard to live on Oahu on $40K.

4. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Hey, I'm a NYer...

Make a lotta $$$ via the back door...LOL

5. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #5 Kevin Rev'n, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Great thread! Here's the place. It's right in the heart of Waikiki very close to the beach. For the right guy/gal this would be a nice job. I cant imagine it would pay 40K though. Here is the local way to survive.

You have your wife get the job.
    Then get a divorce (on good terms, it's just the grift)
    When she looses that job go on welfare.
    Welfare out here pays a single Mom 63K / yr. (Highest in the nation)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It cost me $60 for a hat for my wife last time we stopped in there.

Think of all the money you will save not having to buy winter coats, or long pants or pay a heating bill. Go for it. Aloha!

7. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I didn't know we had a Ferrari store here. I remember when we had a Bugatti boutique many years ago. My guess is the store will pay you between $30k-$36k.

8. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I think you can save a few bucks by going to JN Exotics and also browse the car inventory. They only have a few hats and shirts but it is a great experience.

9. MT Wallet

MT Wallet Rookie

Jan 26, 2014
    Living on Oahu for some can be about cutting corners....saving money whenever possible.

10. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The wife and I stopped in there last night just being touristy. Definitely a case of the employees can't afford the product. $35 for a key chain is the cheapest thing there. Really cute Ferrari track suit for a baby, but couldn't ever see myself spending $130 for something like that. It does have some cool stuff to browse and worth a look if you are ever in Waikiki.

11. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Who remembers the old automobilia store in the Kings Village Shops in the late '80s-early '90s?

12. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I remember there was a shop that had a car of some sort on display back then. Is that the store you're talking about? I think there was a large open area in front of the shop.

13. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Yup, the shop was filled with car models and related items that were generally out of the price range of a young 20-something Marine. But fun to look at. The Layton House store on Kalakaua next to the Police substation was pretty cool too. I think the tanking of the Japanese economy wiped them both out.