Hurricane Iselle | FerrariChat

Hurricane Iselle

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by lizard1, Aug 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lizard1

lizard1 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    West TX
    Full Name:
    Frank
    We are supposed to be heading to Kona on Wednesday morning but considering changing our plans. I have spoken with the Four Seasons and they told me the volcanos protect them from weather that moves in from the East so we shouldn't worry about the soon to be arriving Tropical Storm/Hurricane. We usually spend 7-10 days in Kona every August but this year it is a quick 5 day trip and don't want it marred with rain and wind for most of the time. We are considering going somewhere else but wanted to seek out a local's opinion....

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    We are supposed to start feeling the effects of Iselle on Thursday with wind and rain, getting worse through the weekend. I'm on Oahu, so I can't say much for Kona, but this is a statewide alert.

3. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    its true that the volcano protects kona it will still be a little windy and rainy

we stay at Mauna Lani August/September every year

Tropical storm, flash flood watches issued as Hurricane Iselle approaches | KHON2

current prediction will cross BI Thursday morning and Oahu Thursday night it will pass quick

look at it this way what a better place to be "marooned" than the Four Seasons just have an extra mai tai!

the only caution will be that the beaches will close during the storm for safety

4. lizard1

lizard1 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    West TX
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Since we have 3 kids under 6 and didn't want to take the chance, we switched gears and are now in Puerto Rico. The FS was very accommodating and allowed us to make a one time date change due to the weather (in lieu of forfeiting two nights deposits for 3 rooms) so we will try and make a trip in early December possibly

Stay safe over there!