Honolulu M&G at Korean BBQ? | FerrariChat

Honolulu M&G at Korean BBQ?

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Raconteur, Apr 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Aloha.

I'm visiting my niece mid June and would love to share a meal with fellow FChatters. I know a great Korean BBQ across from Ala Moana mall we can meet at. She lives in Kailua. That's an option also. I'll be staying at the Pink Hotel and will buy anyone a drink who ventures into Waikiki LOL

I'm about 6 months from either a 360 or 430 and would like to educate myself as much as possible before picking up a Prancing Pony to fulfill a childhood dream (like many of us).

I hope to meet some of you during my visit.

Best,
    Frank

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I could probably make it, but I don't have a Ferrari either. lol I have the prancing horses from Germany, but am also looking for its Italian cousin.

3. bcb70

bcb70 Karting

Mar 30, 2013
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Brian B
    Aloha Frank,
    I love Korean food and fortunately live across the street from the mall. I would love to meet up and talk cars. I currently have a 355 but posses some knowledge of the 360 and 430.
    Pm me prior to your trip and I'll give you my cell number. Hopefully some other Fchatters will be able to join us.

4. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Excellent! The BBQ place is called Sikdorak and it's a buffet. I'll PM folks as the date nears. I will be in town 12 to 17 June. I look forward to talking about FCars and meeting other enthusiasts!

5. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I will be in town next Friday. What day is best for the M&G dinner at the Korean BBQ?

6. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Any day is fine. I just need to get over my cold.

7. bcb70

bcb70 Karting

Mar 30, 2013
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Brian B
    I should be good any evening except the 18th

8. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    What is your preference: Saturday or Sunday evening?

9. bcb70

bcb70 Karting

Mar 30, 2013
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Brian B
    Sunday June 14th would be good

10. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Shoot for 7 PM Sunday 14 June. I've PM'ed a few of you with my info. Aloha & Mahalo!

11. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Wanted to say mahalo to my new FChat friends on the island. Great to meet and share a drink at the Halekulani. My next trip, I'll coordinate better, should have more time, and we will definitely do dinner at the BBQ!

Be well.

12. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Great that you pulled it off and got some people to come. Evenings are so tough for me but I was curious about the restaurant. What made it work out so well for your gathering?

13. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hi Kevin.

I think posting the invite EARLY helped. Then, about a couple of weeks before my visit, I PM'ed folks with my contact info and had discussions.

Dinner was tough, as you mentioned due to all of us having busy lives. We ended up with drinks for the first meeting, with discussions for dinner my next visit in November.

Hope to meet you my next visit.

Cheers.
    Frank

PS - Thanks for your gated pricing info. I know that is a lot of work and is appreciated.

14. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    There was an awesome shabu shabu restaurant across from the mall. Is it still there?

15. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    We need more info Jay. There is an old Japan style izakaya on Piikoi Street called Ichiriki that serves shabu shabu. Could that be the restaurant?