Any Ferrari tools in your garage? | FerrariChat

Any Ferrari tools in your garage?

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Joshieburger, Sep 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joshieburger

Joshieburger Karting

Aug 21, 2015
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Figured we could get a thread going for those of us that like to do our own mechanic work. We can post what tools we have that way when it comes time to do a job maybe we can message each other to swap/trade/borrow some tools to cut down our costs! I just got a 348 and I will be doing my own work. I am looking into getting at a minimum the flywheel ringnut tool (60mm) and the clutch alignment tool to start. Should be getting them from hill engineering next week or so.

Anyone else have any general Ferrari tools or even model specific ones? If so, what is your position on letting other owners use your precious tools?

2. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I don't live in Hawaii anymore so I probably don't count. However I do own many Ferrari specific tools, some reaching back to the late 50's.

I have worked in Construction since I was 15 years old, (now 63) and in my world lending tools is a no no, and will never happen with me. When someone asks me..... I feel very uncomfortable that they would even ask. Any tool guy knows better than that.

3. Joshieburger

Joshieburger Karting

Aug 21, 2015
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I have a plethora of tools in my garage, none specific to Ferrari however, and I feel completely opposite. I guess you could say I'm a "tool guy", but when someone needs a tool, it gives me pride knowing that I have the tool for the job, and I am more than happy to let them use it. I am more comfortable though when they can use it right there on the spot instead of taking it for extended periods of time. I feel that if I can help someone out, I would, knowing that that person would also help me out when he has a tool that I may need to borrow in the future. The whole community helping each other out is much better than the guy down the street that won't lend you a thing... In my opinion.

4. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Clutch alignment tool is unnecessary. Use two deep well sockets, one inside the other that fit the pilot bearing and clutch disc respectively. Wrap the inner one in tape so it is a tight interference fit with the outer socket. That's how I aligned my f355 clutch disc, worked perfectly.

5. Joshieburger

Joshieburger Karting

Aug 21, 2015
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Wow, never thought of that... Pics would be cool. How does it line the twin plate clutches up?