Rolls Royce Almost free | FerrariChat

Rolls Royce Almost free

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by sowest, Nov 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    I have been helping trustees clear out a large estate. About a dozen cars were involved. Several are being scrapped. One is a 1971 Rolls Royce that is complete, but with a seized engine. The car is on the rough side of fair. The interior isn't too bad.

The car can be had for $50. The title is clear. Is there anyone local that would like such a project? The scrap people are going to tow it away Wednesday morning, November 11, so the fuse is short.

My phone is 533-4785

Aloha
    Larry

2. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    Kinda new here,so forgive the questions...

Which island? I have some friends and family on Maui and the big island who could buy and store/ship for me.

Any pics ?

3. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    Hi

The car is on Oahu. I do have some pictures that are on another computer. I have had a response from someone here on Oahu. I am going to show him the car tomorrow morning (Monday). I will post the outcome of that meeting.

Aloha
    Larry

4. dragonshoe

dragonshoe Karting

Mar 28, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Steve
    let me know what happens with the showing. Since the vette was wrecked, I might take a look.

Steve

5. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Larry, that would look good in my driveway. How much will you charge me to drop in a Chevy crate motor? ;-)

6. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Were the othe cars anything special?

7. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    #7 sowest, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I believe that the Rolls will be going to a new home here on Oahu. The first person that I showed the car to decided against taking on the project. He was planning on sending it to a son on the mainland but didn't realize the difficulty of shipping a non-running car. The second person on the list will be able to do a lot of the work himself and is in Honolulu.

Kevin: I could drop in a Chevy motor. My charges would be based on how high you want me to drop it from.....;>)

Zack: the other cars that are being scrapped are late 80's early 90's Cadillacs and a Buick. Even in good condition, they have little value. The world will not miss them.

The cars that will be saved are four Rolls and a Bentley. They are later 70's and early 80's. One is a Camargue which is a rather rare car. I have not been interested in Rolls or Bentley, but this was a very interesting job. The trustees were fantastic to work with and the property where the cars were was more than fantastic.

I did find a few pictures. One can decide if "missed opportunity" or "dodged a bullet" applies.....;>)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. dragonshoe

dragonshoe Karting

Mar 28, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Steve
    put me down for "dodged a bullet" :)

9. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Cool, got any pics of the Camargue?

10. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    #10 sowest, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Awesome, thanks! I've always liked that body shape, and I dig the grey, too. It's pretty cool that Paolo Martin also designed the Dino Competizione and the Ferrari Modulo.

12. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I've always loved that body shape.