Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA West > Hawaii

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2017, 12:46 AM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Brian B
I am still interested in participating in the drives and possibly the Saturday and Sunday breakfasts. No interest in a hotel room. Agree that Turtle Bay is not the optimum place to park a car overnight.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 02-06-2017, 05:15 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Kevin
I got a check and registration info off in the mail today for Sat breakfast for 2. I will keep fingers crossed for good weather!
Old 02-08-2017, 02:45 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Peter-Verified owner
Regrettably it is looking like the FCA event will be cancelled. Initial responses regarding the event were very high but those have not turned in to actual sign ups for events. There is a difficulty in attempting to set up an event for both locals and those on the mainland. Moving forward at this point would cause the Club to incur financial liabilities which it does not seem likely that the attendance will cover. A final decision will be made in the next 24 hours.

To attract those coming from the mainland, we needed to schedule some "tourist" type events which hold little interest to the locals. Additionally, as a Car Club, having an event where most of the attendees would not have their cars proved to be a factor which I believe resulted in a low sign up from those coming from the mainland. The Hawaii vacation aspect just wasn't enough incentive.

FCA-SW currently has only 12 or so members in the Islands so we had a limited base to start from. The hope was that there would be enough interest from both members and non-members to get something organized and possibly attract new members. The weather (possibly questionable in early March), the difficulty in coordinating events from Los Angeles, events lacking local interest, as well as several other reasons may have contributed to the low sign up on the Hawaii end.

If the decision is made to cancel, those of you that had sent in payment will receive a full refund and we will know more by tomorrow.

If the event is cancelled, I would still like to encourage the FCA members in Hawaii to organize events locally and I would be more than happy to serve as your contact to the FCA-SW board if you want to have officially sanctioned events or if you simply want to submit photos and articles for inclusion in the Sempre magazine showing off the Ferrari activities that you do have.

I'll keep you all posted.

Peter
Old 02-13-2017, 06:31 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

After much deliberation, the prudent decision was made to cancel the event rather than incurring any additional liability for spots that it is looking like we were not going to fill.

Maybe its something that we can look at for another time. If so, it would be great if it was organized by members in Hawaii as it could be better tuned for what you want to see and less about attracting Mainland members to go.

It would still be great to get some photos and maybe an article from time to time from members in Hawaii to publish in the magazine. Are their any events that the dealer puts together that get a good Ferrari turnout? There could also be the possibility of setting up a Hawaii FCA chapter if there was enough interest and potential members.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 02-13-2017, 07:44 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Thanks for trying Peter! I tell you this is such a tough place to enjoy the brand. Hope those of you who were trying to get away are able to do so. There are dealer events that happen from time to time as well as other groups that organize. Next time I do one I will try to craft a story and pictures for your consideration. Aloha
Old 02-14-2017, 12:40 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Gil
Peter, thank you for all your efforts. As Kevin stated, it is rather difficult to get many of the beautiful stallions to all come out at once. I'll give Kevin a hand at any future events. Aloha
Old 02-14-2017, 01:46 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

At least you tried.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:56 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

I was just elected to the FCA Board so please, use me as an inroad to get some photos of Ferrari's in Paradise for the magazine. Even if its not an organized Ferrari event, if you can get several good photos of Ferraris around the Islands, we can put something together. We want to make sure our Island brothers are represented!
Old 02-15-2017, 12:53 AM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Brian B
Thanks for giving it a go Peter. Sorry it couldn't happen. We don't get together as much as we should. Weather is often a factor along with terrible road conditions. I'm with Kevin, we'll try to get together and get some photos out of the Aloha Ferraris.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:55 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Well the weekend came and went without so much as a vroom from my side of the island. Any of you who were thinking of being here we had some strange weather and lots of rain with possible thunder showers and warnings leading up to the event days. When we have fast changing weather the sky can be beautiful but not ideal for getting too far away from the garage!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4837.jpg (49.5 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg P1010037.jpg (41.5 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg P1010038.jpg (27.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg P1010045.jpg (60.3 KB, 74 views)
Old 03-07-2017, 02:49 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

I was wondering how the weather turned out. My wife is on me about missing out on the trip.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:36 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Nice pics Kevin.
The weather wasn't the greatest on Friday with random showers, Saturday had overcast all day with no rain and Sunday rained early in the morning and turned out beautiful and sunny the remainder of the day...
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 03-08-2017, 11:20 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Gil think the North Shore got the brunt of the storm from Thurs-Sat/Sun. It must have really got it too. I drove around the island yesterday and all the beaches on the NS are brown water. There was almost no one in the ocean which was very odd to see. Sunny and beautiful sky though!
Old 03-11-2017, 02:30 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

I was in the North Shore as well but didn't approach the water and didn't realize it was brown. This time of year is a bad time to have a car event