Fit2Fat2Fit | FerrariChat

Fit2Fat2Fit

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by S Brake, Oct 22, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #1 S Brake, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Has anyone else heard of this guy? His website is www.fit2fat2fit.com. I just heard about him last week and I'm really interested in what he is doing.
    Drew Manning is a personal trainer here in Utah who is purposefully letting himself go just to show people how to get into shape. He will spend six months pigging out and not exercising, followed by six months of his diet and fitness program to show people how it's done.
    He always had clients who said he didn't know what it was like to be overweight and crave fatty foods, and they were right. So he's doing this journey to show them how it can be done. As of now he has two weeks until he starts the phase from Fat to Fit.
    The interesting thing is that he now experiences powerful hunger pangs, food cravings and addictions, and his self confidence is gone. He says that if this journey can convince a couple people to change their habits then it will be worth it. Funny enough, he is about to the point where his body looks just like my brother. My brother has decided to follow Drew's program from fat to fit.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. billyfitness

billyfitness Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2006
    Overland Park, KS
    Full Name:
    Bill Leavitt
    Yeh, my friend sent me the link on Yahoo the other day. Nice idea, but no thanks!
    I'm sure he'll strip the fat quickly but gaining back the muscle mass may be a challenge.

-Billy

3. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I was actually wondering if you would ever consider doing anything like this.

The scary thing is that his diet isn't just fast food all the time. He makes an attempt to eat things that people usually eat and probably think isn't too unhealthy.

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Fascinating move for him, and you know what, I'll bet that his street cred goes way up after this - for his whole career he'll be able to say "I've been there."

I'm trying to see if I can go from 200 to 300 and back down to 200. Although it took 10 years on the way up (actually less than 8 months from 210-285... prednisone is a nightmare).

5. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    He was on Leno tonight but I missed it.

6. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Here it's on in 45 mins and I'm DVR'ing it. Maybe Hulu?

7. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I think he might find it a bit harder to get back into his original shape than he initially assumed.

8. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    Wow.

It seems impossible to go from that fit to that fat in just 6 months. I guess it is true? It's just as hard to believe as if it was going the other way.

9. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Looks like he topped out at 265 - 72lbs gained in 6 months.

I think he'll do it, just like an off-season bodybuilder he'll probably drop 30 lbs in a month, then work 5 months on the rest. Don't forget his job is apparently to be a personal trainer... if I were a gym rat all day long I'd have plenty of time to burn 3,000 extra calories a day.

10. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    He was actually higher last week, 269 lbs but lost a few pounds due to all the traveling he has been doing.

The personal training gig is on the side, his full-time job is as a neuromonitoring technician.

I think he'll be able to do it, but it may take a little longer than six months to get back to his prior physique.

11. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yeah, I just saw that now on his site. However, my guess is that by the end of 6 months he has a book deal, a DVD series, and a full stable of $$ clients. Which is great - this is viral media marketing at its absolute best. I don't expect him to be a technician for much longer.

I think he'll get to the target weight, but yeah I would be surprised if he was as defined and lean. I expect some loss of muscle mass.

12. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I think he's also adding forums to his site as well. I see this journey being a big money making opportunity for him.

13. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    To go from regular trainer guy in Utah to Leno, CNN, Fox, Dr. Oz, and dozens of other media appearances and stories in only 6 months is incredible.

My wife and I think he'll end up hosting a TV show like Biggest Loser. He's pretty comfortable on screen.

14. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
  15. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    His credibility will be greater if he takes indepenent monthly blood or urine tests to verify that he isn't using steroids to lean out and gain muscle. Btw i've read that some suPplement companies do this before and after techniques w their models.

16. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    When does he start the road back?

17. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    This week was the turnaround start.

18. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Thanks Ryan , btw good progress at your end,don't stop now.

19. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    I can assure you they do a lot more than simply having models on gear for their before and after shots - quite often the before and after shots are made on the same day........

20. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    he lost 10 lbs in the first week.

21. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Thanks!

22. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    My wife lost three pounds this week following Drew's diet. I lost 1, but I've only got two more to lose until I hit my goal.

23. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Looks like he is off to a good Start getting back down in weight.

24. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #24 S Brake, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I've done this a few times since I was little. Not to the extreme level of fitness this fellow was at in the 'before' photo...

But, it all has to do with the individual's ability to consciously decide to alter your lifestyle... both in fitness, and fatness. When you are used to working out, you have to consciously decide against it. Also, you determine to lax your eating habits. At least that is how my perception has been as a independently thinking pre-adult through adulthood.

I was a very fit child, playing outdoors with friends, riding bikes, climbing trees. Then a lot of that stopped when I moved up north. No friends, long winters, and plenty of cheese-its.
    I started making friends, and became very active again just in time to move. No friends = no fitness as a child in my life.

As a pre adult, I decided it was time to eat proper portions, and I actually tried hard in gym class. I lost about 55 lbs. in 3 months. Lots of friends, very active, and proper portions. I stayed that way throughout HS.

College came, and I became less and less active; started working... and being with friends usually meant beer, bad food, and lots of sitting and discussions. 15 lbs. per year was added until I was 284 lbs. (HS weight of 173)

That is when I started posting in the "before and after" thread initially. I dropped down to 207 lbs over 9 months; and was running 6 minute miles. Two summers ago, I was doing 10 pull ups, and able to bench close to 300. I went water skiing, and injured my wrist badly, and was unable to workout my upper body; but I kept running. Then I broke a toe, and was unable to do that. I thought to myself... I'll enjoy myself for a few months until I recover... BIG MISTAKE! I was up to 235 by January (Injured toe was early Nov.), up to 250 by June, and... 275 6 months later! That is scary!

I had no idea what was in store for me last year, and I am still battling it. My diet is once again altered and on track. But my physical workout... I worry it will never be there again. I would say it scares me.

I weighed in at 275 lbs. just before January. I am currently around 250-252 depending on the day.