best way to lose belly fat? | FerrariChat

best way to lose belly fat?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by bocaf430, Mar 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    Is there a diet pill that would help speed up the loss of belly fat? I know I need to diet, eat the right foods, and do cardio.. but I am sure there is also some pills out there that help speed up the process... legal pills.. thank you :)

2. Mbn

Mbn Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    There is no magic pill !

It's all diet and exercise, but you can supplement with some over the counter fat burners and they are many.

My suggestion and thats just mho early morning empty stomach 30min-45min cardio followed by a gym visit after work at least 3-4 items a week if you really serious and want to lose fat and have fun too.

Clean out your diet and use the rule of third on your meals, and supplement with the basics a multivitamin some BCAA, Glutamine, Whey..etc

follow your weight and progress (Mirror) and adjust from there also better to have a second eye.

Good luck.

Mbn

3. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    my cousin did stronglifts 3x/week and crossfit 3x/week . He ate avocados,coconut oil , veggies and veggie shakes , eggs , fish and chicken.

He did for three months and lost three inches from his waist

4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    And the biggest one you have to so if you are extremely serious is quit drink alcohol completely. As well as sodas, etc.

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    No to HFCS drinks / No chips
    Yes to Crunches & Isometrics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Frips_Girl

Frips_Girl Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2007
    SoCal & TO
    Full Name:
    Annetta
    Abs are made in the kitchen.

Belly fat is more of a diet change than a workout. You can work your abs until you're red in the face, but unless you drastically change your diet, the results will never show. You'll be getting stronger, but that layer of fat will always obscure the hard work.

Afonsolaw likes this.
  7. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Diet is obvious. Losing actual belly fat; cardio. Honestly, with a proper diet, proteins, mix of good carbs and lots of water, with cardio, you can transform your body and feeling within 3-4 months. Be consistant. A diet pill just starves you, it doesn't help health at all. High intensity cardio, stretching and moderate
    ab work.

8. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    +308

Essentially, you need to starve yourself. Eat a healthy diet and exercise.

9. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Starving yourself is worse for your diet than better. Yes, you'll lose water weight, but actually eating 4-5 smaller meals a day is better than not eating anything at all.

10. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    This is the worst thing you can do. You'll only screw up your metabolism and feel like crap.

Contact someone who can properly advice you on a diet i.e, a real Dietitian, not some "expert" at the local gym, and get a proper instructor to help you with a workout schedule together with your Dietitian.
    Discipline and a spine goes a long way too...

IF IT JIGGLES, IT'S FAT!!!

11. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    If you want to lose weight, you need to starve yourself (i.e., calories in < calories out). No if and's or butts about it. Eating multiple small meals is fine, but if your calories in > calories out, you will gain weight.

Simple math.

About 8 years ago, I lost 40 lbs (185 to 145, 5'5" height) and have kept it off the entire time. In fact, I'm now down to 140. I also have a Ph.D. in the biological sciences (toxicology), so I do know a little bit about how the human body works.

12. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  13. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    I'd disagree, and say it ISN'T that simple.

All calories aren't equal. What matters is, what does your body digest/process?

Though the search function here is pretty pathetic, maybe you can find a thread where I consumed a very substantial amount of "calories" in the form of cashews - above and beyond my normal diet - and it did not cause me to gain weight.

On the plus side? I still LOVE cashews. :)

14. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Perhaps it should be modified to read: Calories absorbed < calories out.

15. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You shouldn't be saying "starve yourself" though.

What you're really looking to say is a caloric deficient diet. Which does not mean you're starving yourself.

16. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    The caveat to my point. Starving ones self is an obvious way to "lose" weight. If you starved yourself long enough, you'd die hungry and likely super skinny. That isn't healthy. Yes, limiting caloric intact, increasing exercise, that's the simple math.

AlfaGreg likes this.
  17. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Believe me, it's Starving (cause that's what it feels like). YMMV.

Even now that I am basically eating calorie neutral, I still feel like I'm starving most of the time.

575 likes this.
  18. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Then you need to adjust something. Because you should never feel like you're starving.

My guess is you're not eating enough protein.

19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    After I quit playing rugby (I was then a healthy 115kg, not thin, not fat and got girls easily) I went to mostly sitting on my ass behind a computer for years. I drank a lot of coke (2-3 bottles a day, even though it was mostly pepsi max or coke light it added on quick).

For some reason I switched to water but kept sitting on my ass. Developed a healthy habid of drinking silly amounts of beer on the weekend and midweek mostly binged as well.

Moved back to Holland recently and cut down on the beer significantly. I now walk around 10km a day for the last month and the weight has been flying off. It helps that about half of that is stairs.

I went from 160 to 146kg (I'm 208cm, which helps a little in the weight department) in 4 months (the walking bits really only started in februari!). I've always eaten a bit more than most but not drastically much more. In this time I haven't been eating different at all. Still eat the same I've done in all the previous years. I suppose if I went hardcore and followed a strict diet I'd have lost even more.

Conclusion...swap soda's for water, cut down on booze (but no reason to cut it out completely if you enjoy yourself with friends, there's nothing worse than a friend that suddenly quits drinking because 99/100 times they turn into anti fun drones) and MOVE. See stairs and an escalator/lift? Always take the stairs. Especially good if you work in a tall office building. Just taking the steps alone daily will help so much. Developing your quads is the best thing you can do; they are the biggest muscles in your body and will therefore eat a lot of calories, even when you're sleeping.

All I can say is that I'm angry with myself for not walking more often in the last few years when I had the time. Call it whatever you want, laziness, unwilling...whatever. Being a fatty is tough and can be depressing. I really feel like an idiot for not maintaining my earlier weight at 115kg.

20. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Don't eat much.

Then wait as long as it takes.

You can get there on diet alone. You can't get there on exercise alone.

21. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    How is that possible? My three years in Holland... Beer Heaven! :)

22. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    It is really quite complex. One of the myriad issues is when you are calorie deficient, what fuel does your body metabolize for its need?. Fat? Carbs? Muscle? Everyone assumes and hopes that if they skip a meal or three that they are metabolizing fat--and to some extent they may be. I'm convinced that for most folks to achieve meaningful weight loss they need to be on a proper diet that suits their particular metabolic peculiarities. You may already eat in a way that works for you and just increased exercise will do it. One source I like is "The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living" by Phinney and Volek.

23. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I use to be in shape.. but the past 6 months.. winter weather, personal issues.. I have not been going to the gym, been eating crap food... so I put on some body fat... I never really had to diet before.. so I am not use to trying to lose body fat... I have to get me head clear..and just start doing cardio and clean up my diet... I just thought some one here might have tried some diet type pills to make the process quicker

24. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Don't eat carbs (even if you just focus in the obvious ones--sugar, HFCS, baked products, etc.), Single best thin many can do to help reprogram their metabolism.