INFUSE StemCell BoneGraft | FerrariChat

INFUSE StemCell BoneGraft

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by fedcoin, Mar 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
    #1 fedcoin, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My dentist wants to regrow bone in my upper jaw with the Medtronic INFUSE BoneGraft .

Versus a traditional bone graft using synthetic filler material, the Medtronic Infuse uses stem cells to grow bone.

My concern is once my doctor activates the stemcells in my jaw he may not be able to stop the bone from growing and my sinus will fill with bone or worse.

Has anyone had any prior success or failures with Medtronic Infuse BoneGraft for Sinus Lift or Ridge Augmentation related to dental implant procedures?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 1slocrx

1slocrx Karting

Jun 26, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    I had a discectomy, and spinal fusion. I had the choice of this or taking a golf ball size mass of bone marrow from my own hip.

I chose the extra cut, and the bone marrow donation. I wasnt comfortable with Infuse and chose the route with more pain, more cuts, and more healing time. I am so far very happy with my results.

3. DaveB

DaveB Karting

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    You might want to do a Google search. Lots of complications and lawsuits.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

4. KatMan

KatMan Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Stan K
    I had a fusion of L3 L4 L5 using this product. No problems at all. As I understand it, there is a serious problem if used on a upper spine fusion. As prior post said, the alternative is 2 surgeries. On a prior surgery to my foot I had a bone graft taken from my hip. The donor site was extremely painful for many months. I was not going there again.

5. Fiat2Ferrari

Fiat2Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2013
    Chicago
    My podiatrist wants to inject my ankle near the insertion point of the achilles tendon with a version of this (I am not aware of the brand he shared.) Apparently, I have an issue at that point and could have a screw inserted, do this or nothing (and quit running.)

I am getting a second opinion as it sounds too good to be true.

6. bigsquat

bigsquat Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    This is a bone morphogenic protein and not stem cells. It is an osteoinductive protein that signals cells to produce bone and if too much is used in too small a space there can be issues with over production of bone. I have little experience with its use in dental procedures but your fears of bone overtaking your sinus cavities are unfounded.
    Most of the complications you may read about in the press are exaggerated and actually unproven, the results of bad research and hype. My advice is to not use anything you are not comfortable with but used properly this product gets great results, at least in the orthopedic population.

7. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    I have used this product extensively in my patients with great results. It is particularly effective in "sinus lift" procedures, so no need for concern. You will only get bone formation in the volume of product placed, so no concern for bone overgrowth.

That being said it is only necessary when there is very, very little native bone, otherwise the huge cost premium does not make sense. This stuff is EXTREMELY expensive.