I give up!!~Countach re-listed | FerrariChat

I give up!!~Countach re-listed

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, Mar 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    SO we all here know the story of Frank and his Countach, how it sold to a Foriegn buyer, Bjorne, in Norway and the sale failed to be completed for reasons of differences.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-COUNTACH-DOWNDRAFT-5000S-QV-RAREST-IN-USA_W0QQitemZ320495593208QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item4a9f06a6f8

SO I thought I would be a good guy and step in, try to save the deal and go from there. I contacted the buyer (Bjorne) and the seller (Frank), offering to be the "broker" AT NO FEE to either to get it "done".

Both agreed. The paperwork was sent out, Bjorne returned all documents Monday with HIS WIRE for $110,500..price of the car. Paper work was sent to Frank, along with request for his wire instructions. Frank confirmed reciept of all AND confirmed he had refunded the e-bay $1000 deposit as well as returned the certified check from "Chase Bank" in New York for the balance of the purchase to sender..."un-opened".

Frank then asks, for Bjorne to remove "negative" feedback he left on E-bay prior to the sale be completed. Bjorne did this. (keep in mind folks of the time difference USA to Norway, so nothing is immediate).

After Frank had the negative stuff removed, he confirmed he had paperwork and was waiting to get us his wire instructions from his "wife". We still had not recieved signed paperwork nor wire info by Friday. A call to Frank said his wife was delayed and we should have it Saturday.

A call on Saturday confirmed we would have it no latter than Monday AM. A call AS late as this morning, again requesting paperwork and wire info was assured we would have it by mid day TODAY....

Well then this pops up on e-bay a few hours ago..

A call to Frank was answered with, I am tired of waiting. When we said where is our paperwork and wire info...answer was

"I dont want to sell to this guy, sell him another car" the phone was abrublty hung up.

I will be refunding Bjorne all his money and am done with this Deal...I know of nothing else to be done..

To bad this could not have been completed. I tried, all for FREE and I have no other thoughts of what to do...I am done. Sorry Bjorne.

PS Bjorne was buying this car to enter into the Nevada Silver State race in May and again in September. He was really looking forward to enjoying the car here in the States. He already has two cars he ownes and stays in the states for when he visits here, which is quite often.

Best of luck with the sale of your car Frank.

Roy Cats

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

frank would not seem to be the credit to the car community that you are roy.

at least one party involved in the fiasco will respect your efforts and likely buy from you in the future.

the other guy...well, we all have his number now!

pcb

3. 12097

12097 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Regina, Canada
    WOW!!!!!!!!!

I would say I'm shocked, but given the seller's "eccentric"behaviour, I'm not really surprised.

4. V-TWELVE

V-TWELVE Formula 3

Jan 1, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    Oh the games people play! Sounds like he just wanted the negative feedback taken off his Ebay account. Nothing like being a straight shooter when it comes to business. To bad you couldn't resolve this mess.

5. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    All I can say is: wow.

But am I surprised? Not really.

Hey Frank, whats your latest excuse?

6. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Lamborghinisti,

Before I even opened the thread....I was thinking ratedx ?

Well, Roy, you did the best you could to help out both parties. From a safety point-of-view, this was as safe and iron-clad as it gets.

I still give you KUDOS for trying to make two Lchat members happy. Perhaps you can help Bjorne find a car since he must see how you came through for him.

As for ratedx....a sorry a$$ and not worthy to be a member here.

This is a super small owner's community. Word gets out fast and he's already under a cloud for his selling tactics....now fully confirmed.

We all think you did good and hope this won't stop you from being the Roy Cats we all know and love. :D

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice !

7. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    One thing for sure..

Bjorne is still coming to Las Vegas, NV for the Silver State Race. He has been in it prior years. If he cant find another car, he alreadys has one ready to go in South California.

To help heal is "bad taste" of USA dealings...I have offered him to stay free at my Condo at "The Palm's" in Las Vegas for his stay...hope it helps..,

I can tell you from my short time knowing him, he is a real car nut and followed through with everuything he said he would on the spot. He has a cool job, IMO, works on one of the "off-Shore" drilling rigs in the North Sea..not the easyest job in the world.

8. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    ...and buying a Countach?

I KNEW I was paying too much for gas !! :D

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice !

9. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    Good Luck selling it now.

10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Exactly.

In any given community, people soon figure out who is who, and what they are all about. Here is the latest writeup for your consideration:

"1986 COUNTACH DOWNDRAFT 5000Sqv -MAY BE THE MOST DESIREABLE COUNTACH EVER BUILT! THERE ARE APPROX. 10-15 DOWNDRAFT 5000S QV IN THE USA, MAKING THESE THE RAREST OF ALL COUNTACH'S IN AMERICA. IF YOU ARE A COLLECTOR OR JUST LOVE LAMBORGHINIS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS CAR. THIS DOWNDRAFT (CARBURATED) IS PERHAPS THE MOST ORIGINAL WELL KEPT ONE AROUND. IT HAS TWO PRIOR OWNERS AND HAS BEEN KEPT TO THE HIGHEST STANDARDS POSSIBLE. THIS DD HAS BOTH DOCUMENTED SERVICE AND OWNERSHIP HISTORY. IT IS READY FOR ANY CONCOURSE EVENT! IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING A GREAT COUNTACH THAT IS FUN TO DRIVE AND A GREAT INVESTMENT PLEASE READ MORE.

EXTERIOR: ALL ORIGINAL PAINT IS VIRTUALLY FLAWLESS AND RETAINS IT'S HIGH GLOSS. PAINT IS A FACTORY CUSTOM ORDER COLOR "RUSSO SPECIALE". ALL GLASS INCLUDING WINDSHIELD ARE ORIGINAL AND ARE LIKE NEW. ORIGINAL FACTORY WHEELS HAVE NO CURB RASH. BRAND NEW PIRELLI (factory specified)TIRES ALL AROUND. ALL LIGHTS AND SIGNALS WORK AS THEY SHOULD. DOORS, WINDOWS & TRUNK OPEN AND CLOSE EASYILY AS WHEN FROM THE FACTORY.

INTERIOR: INTERIOR IS ABSOLUTELY AS BEAUTIFUL AS THEY COME!. YOU WOULD THINK IT HAS BEEN RESTORED BUT PRIOR OWNERS WERE SO METICULOUS THAT IT WAS KEPT W/COVERS PROTECTING SEATS, STEERING WHEEL AND EVEN DASH. ALL LEATHER IS PRACTICALLY LIKE NEW. ALL GAUGES AND LIGHTS WORK AS THEY SHOULD. ORIGINAL ALPINE RADIO PLAYS PERFECT. IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY UNDER THE DASH AND MATS IT ALSO STILL LOOKS NEW.

ENGINE: THIS DOWNDRAFT COUNTACH HAS HAD ALL ITS RECOMMENDED SERVICES AT LAMBORGHINI DEALERSHIPS. A NEW CLUTCH WAS INSTALLED APPROX. 1500 MILES AGO. AT THE SAME TIME ALL FLUIDS & ADJUSTMENTS WERE DONE . JUST COMPLETED FULL TUNE-UP (WIRES, CAP, SPARK PLUGS ETC.). CAR STARTS RIGHT UP AND IDLES PERFECT. THE ENGINE MAINTAINS PERFECT TEMPERATURE WITH GREAT OIL PRESSURE. THE TRANSMISSION SHIFTS SMOOTHE WITH ALL SYNCHROS PERFECT. AIR CONDITIONING BLOWS COLD. THERE ARE NO VIBRATIONS OR PULLING AT ANY SPEED. THE UNDERCARRIAGE /FRAME HAS NEVER HAD DAMAGE AND IS AS CLOSE TO BEING NEW AS IT GETS. IT IS DETAILED TO THE HIGHEST LEVEL!

MISC. THE FRONT TRUNK MAINTAINS ITS ORIGINAL UNUSED SPARE TIRE. IT IS DETAILED TO CONCOURSE SHOW CONDITION. ALSO INCLUDED ARE ORIGINAL PERFECT UN-USED TOOL KIT THE ORIGINAL OWNERS MANUAL,SERVICE WARRANTY BOOKLET,OWNERSHIP HISTORY DOCUMENTS,CUSTOM SEAT,STEERING WHEEL AND CAR COVER. ALSO ALOT OF MISC.PARTS.

AlSO VERY INTERESTING! THIS DOWNDRAFT WAS BUILT NEXT TO JAY LENO'S DOWNDRAFT COUNTACH- IT IS NEXT IN V.I.N. (JAY ACTUALLY BOUGHT HIS CAR NEW AND HAS OVER 70,000 MILES.) HE ACTUALLY HAS A GREAT VIDEO OF HIS CAR ON YOUTUBE.

IN EUROPE DOWNDRAFT COUNTACHS ARE BRINGING ANYWHERE FROM 175,000 USD TO 275,000 USD! SO THIS SUPER RARE DOWN DRAFT IS SUCH A BARGAIN! THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DOWNDRAFT AND FUEL INJECTED COUNTACHS. NOT ONLY A BIG HORSEPOWER DIFFERENCE BUT THE SOUND AND ACCELERATION MAKES THIS SO MUCH MORE DESIRABLE TO OWN AND DRIVE.

SUMMARY: THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO OWN A RARE DOWNDRAFT COUNTACH THAT SELDOM COME UP FOR SALE. IT IS PRICED WAY UNDER MARKET WITH THE HOPES THAT IS GOES TO A NEW OWNER THAT APPRECIATES THE ORIGINALITY, QUALITY AND RAREITY OF THIS CAR. I HAVE HAD AND STILL OWN OTHER EXOTIC CARS, AND HAVE TO SAY THAT THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST EXCITING HEAD-TURNING CARS IN MY COLLECTION.

I WELCOME AND WOULD PREFER ANY INTERESTED PARTY TO PLEASE COME AND TAKE A LOOK AND IF CONDITIONS ARE PERMITTING, TAKE A TEST DRIVE. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT ME AT 908-295-9088.

THIS DOWNDRAFT HAS DOCUMENTATION MAKING IT 1005 LEGAL IN THE USA. IT HAS CURRENT M.V. INSPECTION,AND HAS BEEN INSPECTED SINCE 1989"

A couple notes:
    I'm just curious as to why if as he claims downdrafts go in Europe for $175k to $275k, he is selling this one for less than $115k, and yet he describes the car also as a "great investment". If he has to 'off' it for the aforementioned price, is it a great investment? Just asking.

He mentions that Jay purchased his DD QV new - he in fact did not.

Lastly, he again refers to the car as "legal in the USA", a broad characterization, to be sure.

11. I am guessing that he next person will ppi it. That seems like a lot of trouble for a potential $4500 more.

12. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #12 4re Nut, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    #13 2NA, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Lamborghinisti,

Bawhahaha......I remember that !!

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice !

15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Very interesting link Steve.

From the link above.

"Old 04-23-2008, 07:10 AM
    Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Frank Drebin
    ratedx u dirty dog flippen a wrecked 355....
    i spoke to frank schilling in the ad: and I believe it is fchatter Ratex ---you dirty lying sack of ****. i vote for kicking him off the site

here is info:
    i faxed him the attached purchase agreement- which he never signed, never replied via ebay, i spoke with him three times monday night, said i was getting a flight and will be there tommorrow with the money....he said tuesday he was building a house on the shore ( he a very busy builder) and 60 grand wasnt alot of money to him and kept tring to get me to wire the money..

late last night i called to make arrangement told me the car had been sold.- wtf !

glad it wasnt me - i hope someone else didnt buy it thinking it was clean:

Many thanks the the registry and ferrari chat ..thanks you saved me a big mistake!!!

i have a check in my hand from bank make out to me and him and was supposed to fly out to NJ... Spoke to him and his wife at home and on their cells..... they made it sound like 100's of people where calling and it was first wire first serve...total east coast asses- - said ferraris are impulsive buys, didnt want to close thru ebay, didnt want to take a deposit, paypal, wanted only an immediate wire transfer.- Never once did he mentioned the car was wrecked- I told him i will be there today - he said he wouldnt be home and will call me tuesday

in the meantime i got the records myself from wide world of cars - Kevin and Justin- ran the carfax, the 355registry and connected the dots..

i called the dealer the verifed the windshield, replaced bumber and left rear quarter panel and shocks mounts all where worked on..... and this morning i just saw the pictures....of the wreck

alledgely ---ratedx aka Frank Schilling bought the car on ebay a few months ago for $37,500 wrecked- fixed it up and tried to sell it as clean for 56,500- shame on you piece of ****

Frank Schilling
    Wife Kimberly
    811 Quary Lane
    Martinsville, NJ 08836
    [email protected]
    732-563-4945
    908-295-9088
    908-295-9089"

16. ElvisNasty

ElvisNasty Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Elvis Jenkins Nasty
    I've seen the car in person.

Looks like it's been painted to me.

Frank has a body shop I think. He's got body-work guys who are his employees hanging around all the time. There were 2 body guys there when I saw the car at his house. Frank and the 2 of them told me it hadn't been painted. I did not agree. We eventually agreed to disagree.

So....interesting thread about flipping the damaged ferrari...

17. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #17 4re Nut, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
    Thanks Joe; behold the combined power of Google & FChat! Wonder how long it will take for the Google spider to push this thread to the top of the search. :D

18. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Yea, very intresting..

This sale he ONLY wants a wire....the Countach sale he only wanted a certified check..??

19. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

OUTED! frank has yet to see the full impact of the f-chat/l-chat fraternity!

hey frank, this thread just got started...check back in this time tomorrow!!

20. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Too many failures & don't want F-Chat to be a conduit for more. So, to protect one and all;

Permabanned ratedx

Reason to show user: You've been rated X

21. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    Really. This guy has done everything he could to ruin every sale of this car we have seen...

22. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood
    Gentlemen,
    First of all I want to say thank you very much to Roy for stepping up and trying to close this deal.
    He must be the friendliest and most helpful "car dealer "you can meet.

I did not post anything lately on the other thread I started because I first wanted confirmation that the Countach in question was picked up and on it's way to Roy.

Today to my surprise I had an email from Roy telling that there was no deal anymore and car was up on Ebay again! I was about to send him an email asking if everything was on schedule...It was suddenly not!

When now seeing all these old threads and posts popping up here today regarding seller ratedx's wrecked/repaired Ferrari etc I am kind of scared.
    I really hope there's nothing wrong with this Countach as the Ebay listing describes it as a fine example with original paintwork.

Maybe this Lamborghini Countach was never meant for me to buy...
    Probably something else will be available...

It's absolutely fantastic to see the power of this great forum.
    Wonder what happens to the car now!

Cheers,
    Bjoern

23. Champboat/Champcar

Champboat/Champcar Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    .................................................................................................It was not meant to be Bjoern, and its probably a good thing, I have a gut Feeling there are stories untold about this car,and now we all know there is nothing about the seller that can be trusted, You are better off finding another car. I wish you good luck .

24. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Damn, see what happens when ya go to sleep...you wake up to this.

Come on, someone click the auction and leave some real bad feedback. I have to see if I have a fake account somewhere ;)

25. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    for those of us who called it right......how do you spell s c u m b a g?