Bellagio Motors - Fred Ebadat | FerrariChat

Bellagio Motors - Fred Ebadat

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Masher44, Jan 18, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    #1 Masher44, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    Anyone have any experience with Bellagio Motors?

My buddy here in OK bought a Lambo through him on consignment (contract date 1/3/12) and sent in a $30,000 deposit to secure the car. Bellagio literally goes out of business the next day due to "death threats", according to the owner, Fred Ebadat.

My buddy contacts the owner of the Lambo and tells him to go down and get his two vehicles because of the fact he went out of business. The owner of the Lambo gets his vehicle and my buddy wants to still buy the car but we sit here over two weeks of promises from Fred to wire the money to my buddy here in Oklahoma.

So my buddy has no car and no $30,000. Sound like the typical "high performance car/boat criminal shuffle.

Anyone here know Fred? or been by the dealership lately? My friend is 2000 miles away. He is not a member on Fchat but will join here shortly.

I know things take time but two weeks to get a wire is a joke and just should not exist in this industry. My friend has spoken to Fred's attorney and he wasnt not aware of my friends case. My friend has hired an attorney and just wants his $30,000 back instead of going through all of this crap.

Fred has been promising the money returned to no avail. According to my friend doing some digging, he is one of many that are affected by this criminal. People should be aware in case he is trying to do some desperate stuff, one step ahead of the sheriff.

Thank you for any information.

Jim

2. amann

amann Rookie

Jan 18, 2012
    I am the guy who has wired the $30K for a deposit on a lambo.
    I can't believe this guy he is a thief.
    Anyone with info please help!

3. Bphill22

Bphill22 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2008
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    GT3 Racer
    Do a Google search and you will find lots of people after this guy. I visited his facility about a year ago and the "feel" of the place and this guy made me run not walk away. Good luck with retrieving your funds. You may want to talk to your bank who wired the funds. In some cases where fraud is involved I have been told they can "reverse the wire" if requested in a timely manner.

4. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    Thank you for the info. Any other info is greatly appreciated.

I wish there were more threads/warnings floating around? What a shame.

Sounds like Fred is just a scumbag coward. Is he on the board here? Have to beleive there are some folks who can go by and check on the dealership and see if he is still stealing from folks.

Fred, why do you come out and play? Or will you just be a coward. I am looking forward to sending a lovely letter to every email address in Costa Mesa letting every business in town know about your criminal ways.

You can make it easy and just wire the 30k. Coward.

5. Sea-Dated

Sea-Dated Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Austin, so sorry to hear what happened. Hopefully this scumbag will get what is coming to him and you will get your $$ back very soon so you can move on from this and get your car.

6. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Get a good lawyer - asap.

7. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    ^ This... ^

...plus call your local PD & report it, AND your local FBI field office, since it's a transaction that occurred across state lines - it's now in Federal Jurisdiction.

8. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

For anyone considering a purchase, the best way to make a deposit is through an attorney's escrow. It shows you have the money and it protects you. OK, so you have to pay an attorney $500 to do this, but better than losing more. AND . . . reputable dealers are perfectly happy with an attorney's involvement.

9. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    Anyone have a recommendation for an attorney in SoCal that can handle this?

10. Greg34

Greg34 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 31, 2010
    Sunset Beach
    Full Name:
    Greg
    email sent
    G-

11. akara1

akara1 Rookie

Mar 1, 2010
    I had a car there too. Went down there on Tuesday and confirmed that the place was in fact closed and my car is no longer there.

12. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    Dude, are you serious? Where is your car? Do you still have title to it?

That is insane. He takes peoples money AND their cars? WTF

I have heard now of:

1. My buddy who's 30k deposit is gone
    2. A guy who sold a 599 thru them and got nothing but a bounced check
    3. 2 guys in Utah who purchased separate cars, paid in full, got nothing... 450k gone.
    4. You with whatever car you had, now missing....

13. akara1

akara1 Rookie

Mar 1, 2010
    I have no idea where my car is. I have the title to my vehicle. It is a 2007 BMW M6. I'm afraid there are only going to be more and more stories coming out.

14. Champboat/Champcar

Champboat/Champcar Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    ...............................Terrible story , you need to contact the police right away if you have not done so yet ,. I hate news like this , good luck .Maybe they just moved the cars ?

15. rbf41000

rbf41000 Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Full Name:
    Russell
    If you have the title but the car has been moved without your consent or knowlege surely it is stolen and can be reported as such?

16. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    This scam is old like ages. I learned it when i came in this country. the day of my Bday, i was supposed to pick up a futon that i paid for for delivery. $2K worth. Lots of money for me at the time.
    No delivery at the expected time.
    I was not the only one waiting, it turned out. we've been had.
    After researching the story, The guy declared bankrupty , business in Delaware. I went to the court there with my cancelled check determined to beat someone up.
    the fraudster was missing in action, nowhere to be found.
    Prosecutor told me the guy was a scumbag and was known for doing this and that even i had all proofs that he cashed the check under another business in a bordering state, there is nothing i could do to recover the sum. Only get my futon if it was in the warehouse. Of course there was no futon.

Story is that your money is probably unrecoverable, the car's long gone, the guy is making a living at this and hope he made the mistake to screw Guido as well who would make him disapear. Chance are that he will setup another scam elsewhere.

Creating businesses, taking deposits, going bankurpt after cashing the wires and checks seem an easy and favored sport for several decades (I also came across an exterminator taking multi-year contract money and folding shop for hundreds of Ks)

When you see stuff like this, that is when you vote for sharia law.

Morale: always use an escrow attorney unless you are dealing with a well KNOWN BUSINESS.

17. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Unfortunately, some insurance policies, have in thier exclusions section, that they will not pay because of trickery or fraud. Have to read the fine print. Sad situation :(

18. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    Report it stolen and report him as the suspected thief.

19. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Sorry to hear but there is a lesson here. Never send a deposit of more than a couple grand to hold a car. No reputable dealer would ask for $30k.

20. bellagio

bellagio Karting

Jul 2, 2006
    huntington beach
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I don't know where you people are getting this information from but you should get your facts straight: I am not involved in any scams, fraud, leaving, hiding, or any other nonsense that has been said, but keep on making false claims..

And who has ever heard of buying a Lamborghini with only $30,000? Little kids that have too much time on their hands love to blog about bull**** on these forums: "Sold cars to Utah?" False. "Sold a 599 w/ bounced check?" False.

On the contrary I've been scammed many times, and there is always two sides to every story. I have bought from and sold cars to many FerrariChat members with no problems at all, and have several satisfied customers to vouch for me. Explainations are not owed. Believe what you want but I've been in the car business for a long time and I'm not going anywhere -- all these harrassments are only reflecions of your own issues.

21. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

where is the $30k deposit as described by the op?

22. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    Fred,

If this is true, why haven't u answered your phone in two weeks.

Where is the 30k deposit that you agreed to refund to Auston Mann? Where is the title you agreed to send upon which the rest of the funds would be sent?

23. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    Fred,

Why is your shop closed? Why are you not following up with anyone? Where are the cars you are supposed to be in control of that are on consignment?

You've got a lot of people asking where their cars, money and titles are.

Maybe we should post your emails, texts, contract, wire instructions, etc....? Would that help?

Selling a lambo for 30k...? No. You sure wanted all the money RIgHT away tho. Good thing we waited for the title before we sent any more money. You've had the 30k for weeks now. Where is title? Why haven't u answered a single email or phone call in weeks?

Just send the money back!

I wouldn't be too concerned with selling cars any longer.

24. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

fred has logged off...figures. it sounds like there is fred's story and the real story. i could be wrong however.

25. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    Oh and yes...

Explanations AND money is owed, by YOU.