LP420 SVM Urraco aka the Twice Baked Bull | FerrariChat

LP420 SVM Urraco aka the Twice Baked Bull

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by TwiceBaked, Dec 30, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TwiceBaked

TwiceBaked Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    Greetings,

Note if your a purest for keeping our cars "original" this is not the thread for you, so please no flames this bull has been fire tested twice so your flames will have no use here.

Started life as 1973 P250 Urraco #15202 Green
    Burned up 1974 just after being bought by Paul Spencer, header gasket blew on way up HWY 18 to Lake Arrowhead, CA.

Sold at Auction 1977 or 78 to yours truly well my father really and put back on the road for a total investment of 6K in the car and 3K in the parts.

Driven 1979 by yours truly to my High school "prom" we did not dance so it was mroe of a banquet.. LOL WOW to be a teenager with a Lambo! To say I had a magical summer would be a master piece of understatement. where did I live in 1979? Lake Arrowhead Ca. Yes and YES PAUL SPENCER saw the car and said "thats my car" I proudly said no its mine.. We had known each other for a few years but neither of us knew that he owned a Lambo and he did not know I bought one burned up at auction in Los Angeles. How cool is that?

That summer my father had me sell the car as I did not live up to my end of the deal.. paying him back the 9k he had in the car. A deal is a deal and it was sold to Chuck P (I cant spell his last name) the man who did the lion share of the work putting the green p250 back on the road. I drove ti to deliver it to him and he had me take it to the paint shop where he had it re-painted RED.. UGGGGG... Thought that was the last I would ever see "my little Bull".

March 2011 my father passed away, about a week after his service I was on eBay looking for models of cars to build a shadow box of all his cool cars he had had. I found a blue Espada (his daily driver) I found a 69 Mangusta and a few of his other cars but when I searched for 73 P250 I found

[​IMG]

L@@king at the photo, you can see it started off life green, then repainted red!

Was it? could it be?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I understand by the Lambo international registry it went to Washington but the car was for sale in Washington state for some time. BUT now was for sale in Torracnce Ca. only a few miles from the last place I saw MY little green bull. To this day I do not know for sure if its the same P250 but in my heart the odds are in my favor here. Plus the timing was a blessing to my heart.

Now what to do?

3. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Like to hear more about the car...why the title LP420 SVM? What's been done to it, changed, etc etc?

4. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    A burned hulk no motor no trans.. I bought it for 4K a roller as it were but really it should have been rolled to the scrap yard.

I had a few friends who are in da biz tell me its too far gone just find a nice Urraco for 30K and be happy. Really if we went to build it back to a 73 P250 we were looking at $100,000 to $250,000 if we could find all the parts. What if we did find all the parts 40 year old parts and 40 year old performance.

My father who had his Goose "goosed" was more of lets get the most out of a car. But he always warned me any money spent on a mod on a car would be taken off the price of the car so only mod what you are willing to walk away from. Sage advice for sure.

So the guy I bought the car off eBay said he could build it even when life long friends say wave off. Well I did not wave off, Alan lee of Alan Lee designs and i sat and talked over ideas for the hulk. Why not build it 2013 style like the new "muscle cars" based on their 1970s counter parts. He wanted to drop in a V10 out of a viper, I said no Lambo or Lambo Like. Then it hit me VAG now owns Lamborghini and the car was to be a V8, so 4.2L Audi motor was chosen. Our concept is now ALL VAG parts where we can and keep the lines URRACO but do a wide body modern look to her. Not a group 5 pantara look but a modern Urraco inspired look.

I retained a buddy who works for BMW design works to do some concept art
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And away we went!

We bought two Audi A8s for the parts and power plants.

5. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    Good Question! WHY LP420 SVM Urraco!

The rear firewall twice burned was a NON starter it had to go. We also decided the car needed a full tube chassis with roll bar. The car came back from Acid dip we could see it was very week. To make the car stiff and reliable we had to beef it up!

Well now that we chose to drop the power plant of the A8 in the car we decided to move the firewall forward loose the two rear seats that were a joke at best on the car. Thus from a transverse mounted V8 we moved to Lateral Position V8 hence the LP with the 4.2L motor the 420. Now we take a little "liberty" with the traditional Lamborghini naming process. SV for Super Veloce where as Lambo normally makes a SV version of a car when it gets to the last of the line. The most powerful version of that car, well I doubt they will make more Urracos so SV fit. Now why the M in SVM.. This little bull due to the sad shape it was in would have to be all new with new looks now power plant will come those who will bad mouth the car and say its NOT Lamborghini they will not like what we had to do to bring it back. SO knowing Lamborghini for the most part names the cars after bulls or fighting bulls or items around the bull fighting lore. Knowing Islaro the Miura bull killed the most famous bull fighter of all when the bull fighters Espada was not used to kill Islaro the bull gored the bull fighter. His style was to stand in the middle of the ring and have the bulls come to him to fight barley moving his stance as he fought the bull face to face. Manuel Laureano Rodríguez Sánchez (4 July 1917 – 29 August 1947), better known as Manolete the M is SVM so bring it on we will stand our ground with the LP240 SVM Urraco.

6. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    We tried to have it done enough to show for last summers Concorso but we fell very short. It would have been a mock up for the show and not a driver we opted out.

When I was up at Montery I talked to Mr. Winkleman and showed him a photo of the car as it was. LOL his quote "this is Nothing, and why the SVM" I told him why SVM as his people looked over all the photos and were more then supportive. His "this is nothing" comment soon went to this car must be in Italy for the 50th. So there are my marching orders. We will make Italy 2013 we were the first to register for the event our tickets for the trip are secure. The car will be done and shown march 9th at a Rally here in So Cal. come join the twice baked bull in its return to the road.

7. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This is awesome! Much rather see this car turned into a custom than turned in for scrap! I really like the (brighter orange) concept drawings too

8. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    THANK YOU!

We will be painting the car in Blood Orange figured 2013 color and its flame tested LOL.

Car:
    Twin Supercharged 4.2L V8 650 RW HP
    Air to water intercoolers
    Adjustable ride height 3.5", 4.5" and 5.5"
    Plus air lift in all three ride heights all four corners for curbs and such
    Paddle Shifter ZF gearbox and auto mode
    Custom race alloy 3 piece rims
    All carbon front clip with replaceable lower splitter section :)
    Removable rear clip. On the original Urraco design you unbolted the motor cradle to service the motor. LP420 SVM we have designed the rear clip to easily be removed for motor service. Plus a large service hatch in the cabin for the motor bay.
    Airbags all the way round
    ABS
    All wheel MASSIVE disc brakes
    FULLY articulating working "gills" on the original the three gills were non functional this car not only are they functional but they open gill style and open Murcilago style!
    KY shocks
    Pushrod rear shocks
    Adjustable steering column
    R8 / Gallardo steering wheel with shifters ;)
    30 gal gas onboard in two saddle cells
    Full fire suppression system (been twice baked no need for three times)
    Fully flat belly pan with functional diffusers
    Motor Cooling front and rear
    Oil cooler force fed cool air
    Trans cooler force fed cool air
    Brake cooling force fed cool air
    Air conditioning
    Power everything

Some of the fun "additions"
    BRM timing / time piece
    Parking sensors front and rear both with cameras
    TPMS
    Race camera front
    FLIR night vision
    Heated air conditioned seating
    Lowered floor pan so we could beef up frame and have modern seating
    4g connectivity world wide <-- yes our data can be streamed up and down 4G
    Full digital dash
    Side view cams no mirrors
    Heads up displays built into the sun visors they are also TRANSPARENT LCDs so any data can be called up.
    Dragon Drive voice software
    Centrafuse main software
    Keyless
    Push to start
    Media on the go system
    HUD can handle the NAV system
    Voice At NAV yes speak the address and go
    3D mouse PC interface if you want to not use voice system
    Reuis sound system
    More goodies I cant think of right now

9. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    #11 TwiceBaked, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is the car with the front raw carbon clip on not finished or painted, note the car is in red / pink primer and the "Gills" are not placed yet. But gives you sort of an idea where we are headed. Yes we did away with the box lights and will do a "Modern Miura" tribute, figure where we found oval modern HID headlamps / lenses high and low beam.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Agreed! Better this than the crusher....by far.

Very interesting and costing a fortune :)

11. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    #13 TwiceBaked, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
    I would have a new Murci for what we are in it now. :( BUT its not the moola its the thank you to my father and a gift to my son, when I am done with it. Well unless when we are done and its in Italy some uber rich Lambo lover has to have it and gives me a new avantador roadster and a boat load of cash LOL

12. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    #14 TwiceBaked, Dec 30, 2012
  13. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    #15 TwiceBaked, Dec 30, 2012
  14. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This would be nice even without the additional goodies. Maybe you could get some sponsorship if the car is to be shown at large venue shows..?

15. sevminasyan

sevminasyan Formula 3

Jun 24, 2008
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I commend you for your hard work. Looks fantastic. I dare to ask if this is what you planned on day one :) Usually as work progresses, things keep getting added on. In most cases a simple modification turns into a year of extra work. Either ways, good progress and can't wait to see the finished product.

16. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    All mods are done.. Now is time for making the March deadline my father passed March 11 of 2011 we will present the car ready to roll March 9th 2013 in a party celebration / rally in So. Cal before the car is shipped to Italy.

THANK YOU! really having support of the Lamborghini community is what drives the project.

17. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    We have ZERO sponsors. Perhaps BRM will do some watches for the car, I hope people will buy them. Really only one company BRM has seen what we are doing as a project they want to get involved with. We go forward, Mr Wikleman's words, "This is Nothing" still ring in my ears. I can imagine Mr. Lamborghini sitting with Enzo being dismissed over a clutch sparked a passion to build what Enzo could not build.

Crazy to say how much fun we are having devoid of "corporate money" the transparent HUd system I designed and made myself. Not even Audi / Lamborghini has this. BUT we do hehehe

I own a 599 that I love but really the LP420 SVM is a passion that burns louder than a Ferrari V12 on its best day

18. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

this is an amazing project. the urocco was always exotic looking to me...this modern version will be a looker for sure and have the grunt to support the style!!!!

thank you for posting this. no flame suit for you...you don't need it!!!!

best,

pcb

19. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Just don't give this car a "flame job"! ;)

20. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    You're welcome!

Awesome project...since it's a Lambo I'm okay with it...if it had been a Ferrari then I would bring out the flame thrower! :p :D

Kudos to you! :)

21. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    Its had two flame jobs thats enough..

Please try and make the party March 9th 2013 its for Lamborghini 50th aas much or more than the debut of the car two years after my dads passing. Party like its 1963!

Signups https://sites.google.com/site/lp420svmurraco/question

22. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    #24 TwiceBaked, Jan 3, 2013
    T-28 days until we test drive the LP420 SVM Urraco.

Wire harness going in this week its been in before and taken out worked over and now ready for final install

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rear suspension this week
    Gas tanks install this week

Next week:
    Seats in
    Carbon front clip ready for paint
    Carbon runners ready for install
    Gills on
    Superchargers in
    Doors prepped

Week after:
    Wheel wells in
    Air con in
    Firewall in with pedals
    Brakes on
    Drive shafts in

Week after:
    Windows in
    Test run motor
    Doors install
    Dash install
    Doors installed
    Rear Louvers and trunk

Last few days of month:
    Center Tunnel in
    Carpet in
    Computers de bugged
    Test drive....

FEB:
    Rest of interior in
    Body work finished
    Paint
    Testing - de bugging
    Photos

March 1 delivery
    March 9th PARTY and rally

23. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    #25 TwiceBaked, Jan 4, 2013
    Getting ready for the seats to be installed. They started life as 2012 Porsche heated and air conditioned seats. Rebuilt 1973 Lambo style with a little head bump ;) air bags intact even. even...