Fast Cars and Even Faster Ballistic Misstles | FerrariChat

Fast Cars and Even Faster Ballistic Misstles

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by TwiceBaked, Aug 21, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TwiceBaked

TwiceBaked Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
  2. Bludiablordstr

Bludiablordstr Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I am going to bring the Air Force Blue SV (with its license plate and some more "paraphernalia" from my Air Force days, might even wear one of my old flight suits (if I can get into it!) See you there "TB" & cool that I finally understand your moniker and glad the tractor didn't rip the front end off going across the stage!

3. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    Hehehehe thanks and yeas the one tug he gave showed the power of that tractor!

Kevin your car is AMAZING will be a big hit up there. Last year Gull Wing MBZs outnumbered the bulls. We so did Lotus, Noble, Ferrari and well you get it. ONE lonely Lambo Last year. Dinner with the Airmen and Women the base tour, JP the Museum curator and side car fanatic make this event a MUST go to event. Heck the road into the show is good for an "Italian Tune Up" run if you know what I mean..

4. Bludiablordstr

Bludiablordstr Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Karlton, just registered, but didn't see any place to sign up for the events on Friday or hotel info. Though I may call and see if they have any Visiting Officer's Quarters available for an old retired fart. Kev

5. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    "Hi Karlton,

I presume you are up in the Monterey week? Hope you're having a blast. For Vandenberg, we are way ahead of last year in signups, even though most signup in the last 3-4 weeks. As of beginning of August we had around 40 Ferraris, around 10 Lotus, some miscellaneous cars and just 3 Lamborghinis. Are you able to get more Lamborghini people interested in supporting the Airmen? Also, are you bringing Ferrari or Lambo? I will be sending out the official signup forms next week.

Jim

Jim Bindman
    [email protected]
    818.429.1667"

6. Bludiablordstr

Bludiablordstr Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Kevin

7. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    Thanks for your interest in the Exotic Car Show September 28th! This year we expect about 100 exotic cars on the lawn and over 4,000 people will attend the show. The Airmen on the base are very excited.
    So far we have 5 Lamborghinis signed up (3 Diablos, 1 Gallardo and 1 Countach) and over 50 Ferraris.

Please sign the attached OFFICIAL SIGNUP SHEET AND RELEASE FORM.

You can email back to me at: [email protected] or fax to me at 818.240.0242. All forms must be signed and received by the Air Force before September 1st.

ALL CARS IN THE SHOW MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED with signup sheets on file.

OPTIONAL EVENTS:

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th: A special VIP Tour of Vandenberg Air Force Base including lunch at the Pacific Club, 2 part tour including a drive through the base in our cars, a mini car show and dinner at the Pacific Club where we will all "Sponsor and Airman" for a Pizza and Pasta dinner. Dinner for 2, you and the Airman, is only $25! This event limited and is almost full, just a few spaces open. Base Passes are required for this event, but not for the car show.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 28th: Dinner after the car show at the world famous (original) Hitching Post Restaurant in Casmalia, 5 minutes from VAFB. This is a historic restaurant in a 100+ year old building. Our group will have a 6 course dinner (relish tray, salad, shrimp cocktail, entry, desert and coffee). Special parking is being arranged. Selections start under $30 per person.

HOTEL SPECIAL: Embassy Suites Lompoc has a Car Show Special of $109 including breakfast and secure parking for our cars. Call the hotel direct at 805-735-8311 and ask for the Car Show Special to reserve. Special is good for Friday and/or Saturday nights.

Besides filling out the signup sheet for the car show, please REPLY TO THIS EMAIL and confirm if you want to attend the VIP TOUR or Saturday night dinner and then more information will be sent:

FRIDAY TOUR & DINNER (YES OR NO): (1 or 2 people?)

SATURDAY HITCHING POST DINNER (YES OR NO): (1 or 2 people?)
    Jim Bindman
    [email protected]

[​IMG]

8. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    GET ON THE HOTEL I JUST BOOKED the last of the BLOCKED rooms but there are more rooms at AAA rate.

Lompoc Hotels - Embassy Suites Lompoc - Central Coast
    embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/.../embassy-suites-lompoc.../index.html‎
    A popular choice in Lompoc hotels, Embassy Suites Lompoc is conveniently located by the scenic central California coast and Vandenberg AFB. Breakfast ...
    12 Google reviews · Write a review - $119▼
    1117 N H St Lompoc, CA 93436
    (805) 735-8311

9. Bludiablordstr

Bludiablordstr Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    TB, I'm going to call the Base tomorrow and see if they have room for an "O.R.F" and his Lambo..nothing more secure than a guy or two at a gate with weapons....and sorry but I don't think I got a pic of you being "yanked" across the stage, but I'll chekck again Kev

10. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    Hi,

Our group is very fortunate to have the 30th Space Wing Support Squadron at Vandenberg organize our VIP tour of the base which will include lunch before the tour and dinner with the Airmen at the Pacific Club. We will all Sponsor an Airman for dinner.

All civilians entering the base for the Friday tour must have a BASE PASS. The base pass is not needed for the Car Show the next day. Those people that took the tour last November need a new base pass, the previous pass has expired.

To get your base pass, the following information is needed:

Legal name:
    Phone Number:
    Date of Birth (mm/dd/yr):
    Drivers License number:
    US Citizen?

To make sure everyone gets their pass and to keep our records organized, please email the info by replying to myself and copy Jennifer Martinez at VAFB:

[email protected]

If you aren't comfortable giving me the personal info, just email to Jennifer and let me know you sent it so I can keep track.

The base passes will be waiting for us at the Main Gate, they will not be issued to you in advance.

Thanks again for supporting the Airmen and donating your time for the Car Show.

Jim Bindman
    [email protected]

11. Bludiablordstr

Bludiablordstr Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Yea, but it doesn't have the part where the tractor almost yanked your front end off!! After that I went down and moved the SV from the "frag pattern"!

12. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
  13. Bludiablordstr

Bludiablordstr Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Hey TB what car you bringing to Vandenberg?

14. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    599 GTB my partner is bringing his ISR Bentley its white with red trim told him he needs to put the AF Blue logo on it for the event...

15. Bludiablordstr

Bludiablordstr Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    TB, Just secured rooms at the Visiting Officer's Quarter's for Fri& SAt. I need to get some AF logo wings for the SV, where you getting yours? Kev

16. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    I had mine done at Protective Film Solutions Ryan and he is ex AF as well ;)

17. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    Get your entries IN!

18. Bludiablordstr

Bludiablordstr Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    TB, what time you planning on getting there?

19. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    We meet at Auto Galley on Friday Morning and all go up together.

20. Bludiablordstr

Bludiablordstr Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I'll be coming down from Driven Exotics/Gilroy. Shooting for around 1 - 2, but my co-pilot (son-in-law) has never seen the PCH...might have to do a little of it

21. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    SAVE the LAST WEEKEND of SEPTEMBER 2014!
    Please do not make other plans or other events on Sept 30th, 2014

Save it for "The Vandenberg 2014"

Hats off to Co. Marty, Jennifer and Jim for the most amazingly fun drive event and show of 2013! The Auto Gallery hosted a launch with fresh coffee and muffin bar for the drivers to fuel us all for the drive up on Friday. Jim had the drive worked out super smooth. Not a hitch not a ticket no worries. AMAZING drive up the coast, this drive up rivaled the Grand Giro in ultra short form. Once we arrived at the base we got checked in and off to the officers club we went for lunch and a mini show. Then off to the base museum where we were greeted by JP one cool cat who went over base history then he took us over to a THOR ON the PAD! Yes the last THOR and on the pad no less. Really how cool is that? Did I mention except for paying for lunch this is all free?

After the base tour and the Thor experience we returned to the officers club where we gathered for dinner with an Airman. What a hoot to have a meal with whose serving us it was beyond cool, all the car people and the Airmen and Women of Vandenburg there. Truly an honor to be there, did I mention only cost so far was lunch and dinner?

After dinner we drove to the Embassy Suites Hotel who had SECURE parking all sectioned off for us. Guards all night plenty of lighting as well... Those who wanted to party on had plenty of time to do as you wanted.

Saturday morning we ventured out to the show, the hotel had micro fiber towels for our use, plus there was a car detailer who is amazing at the show for a quick freshen up. Next year they will be at the hotel so no worries there.

The Show Grounds are on par with the best Monterey has to offer, set up is really quick simple and let the day start. The young lady who sang our National Anthem stunning.. Lotus group, Porsche, Ferrari club had the bulk of the show as expected a few Bulls came to play, Laust had his Espada there, Kevin brought his Diablo from AZ as a retired Air Force officer you would have though he would have known his wing unit was based out of Vandenberg! The Airmen and woman loved the event the wine was flowing the band playing the kids had events and activities for them as well a free car show that made you feel great.

After the show we had a few hours to get ready for an after show dinner held at the Hitching Post not far from the show ground, that dinner was a real hoot!!!! ALL in ALL an AMAZING WEEKEND! The hotel kept the security in place until we all checked out.

Sunday Morning BONUS! SpaceX launched a Falcon 9 at 9am on a clear blue Sunday Morning. Really how cool is that?

So please tell your car buddies NOT to PLAN anything for the last weekend in September 2014.. The price is right the place is right and the reason is right!

22. Bludiablordstr

Bludiablordstr Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #23 Bludiablordstr, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Karlton's got it right what a BLAST!!! Hosting the Airmen for dinner Friday night HUGE! Me (ORF = Old Retired Fart) "So what do you guys do here on Base?" The 4 Airmen at my table: "We ae a " heavy equipment operators, fixing roads and such" Me: "Cool! I used to be a "heavy equipment operator" for this (The USAF) outfit!" Them: "What'd you drive?" Me: "A-7's, A-10's, F-4's & F-16's" Them: "Holy Cow Sir.." and we were off and running on careers, plans and life. FANTASTIC, what great young people. Two of 'em were a couple (yes, a guy and a gal) and left on a date, the other two Airmen went out to the SV and got several pics sitting in it. Saturday = GREAT SHOW!! Jennifer, Lt Col Marty & Jim B. fantastic job!!! Fantastic venue and wonderful people. ps TB, when I was a Flying Tiger we flew jets, not missiles, I know old school, but next year I will bring all my Flying Tiger "stuff"!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    Over 100 cars and yours stole the show..

24. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle