Murcielago LP670-4 SV - anyone know the 6 spd prod. numbers? | FerrariChat

Murcielago LP670-4 SV - anyone know the 6 spd prod. numbers?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by DriveAfterDark, Jun 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Tried searching but didn't get the right results. I want to know how many LHD Murcielago SV 6-speeds were made worldwide. And also what kind of premium they're commanding.

Thanks!

2. mt_jt

mt_jt Formula Junior

May 9, 2012
    Australia
    Five, from memory.

3. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I had heard the no. 5 before and thought it was for the US market. Only 5, wow...

4. mt_jt

mt_jt Formula Junior

May 9, 2012
    Australia
    Yes and Roy Cats here on this forum has a white one with the small wing. Think he wrapped it in a different colour a while back.

5. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Total world wide production for the 2010 LP670-4 was 6.

3 to the USA market and 3 rest of the world.

The LAST 6 speed to trade here in the USA was a Matt White with large wing.

It sold for $540,000.00 approx 4 months ago.

It recently had its wheels changed and was used on the recent "Gold Rush" Rally by its new owner, driving from Las Vegas (start of the Rally) to New York (the end). This was just completed last Saturday.

My car is a 6 speed, white, small wing, also have a big wing OEM for it, they are interchangeable.

It is not for sale.

6. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Thanks for chiming in. Three 6 speed SV's spread throughout the world... So long, dream.

7. jabba

jabba Karting

Apr 22, 2006
    Northeast, OH
    Full Name:
    HR
    The production numbers for 5 of the 6 manual transmission SV's are USA -delivered 012, 053, 181. The world cars include 090 and 344 but I'm not sure about the 6th car. I've been able to see 053 and 181 in person. All of the manual cars delivered to the USA are white (2 matte).

8. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Meh, guys have put manual transmissions in Challenge Stradales and Scuderias....cars that were not designed for a manual at all. Shouldn't be any harder for a Murcielago.

9. td80

td80 Karting

Nov 5, 2005
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave M.
    Agreed, with the sort of production numbers and cost we are talking about, should you care about functionality rather than collectibility (which in my opinion matters not if 0 manuals are for sale for a decade or something...), I'm sure someone could do an OEM retrofit kind of like how Aston Works is doing the Vanquish Aston Martin Works - Upgrades (manual conversion).

In the case of the Vanquish I believe the cost is 15K (pounds...) to have Aston Works do it. Expensive but possible...

You know something must be really, really special when Roy will absolutely refuse to even entertain any offer whatsoever on a car (to my knowledge this is only the case for his 6.0 SEs and his 670-4 SV 3 pedal, and maybe Diablo GT but that may be more due to legal ramifications).

I can personally attest that it is really, really good and if I had the means I wouldn't be shy about investigating manual conversions of paddle-shift 670-SVs (which are still rare). The key is the weight loss over a regular Murcie makes it like a "Superleggera" or CS/Scuderia type of version and it is magical!

10. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Esp for the price difference....IF you can find a manual on the market.

11. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    That's actually a decent idea. If done by Lamborghini or with an authorized workshop with original parts, I can't imagine the value of a "de-auto'd" car decreasing... On the contrary, maybe that operation could even increase demand.

12. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Yes, I imagine the future value of a well done car to be halfway or so between an automatic and an original 6-speed......in other words, I'm sure you would get back 100% of what you put into it.

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The conversion shouldn't be hard or too expensive to do either. The box is the same, save for a few extra actuators and a clutch pedal missing. It's mostly bolt on/off. ECU needs to be either changed or flashed to a manual unit.

Roy I think looked into it when I raised the issue a few years back...

14. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Yes I did look into it...can be done for about $18K...with OEM product.

15. td80

td80 Karting

Nov 5, 2005
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave M.
    Very interesting and useful information Roy. Well that just moved the 670-SV (w/ 3 pedal conversion) up a few pegs on "the list"...

16. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Nice! Not bad. Manual LP670 is definitely one on ''my list''.

:)