My Countach 3D model | FerrariChat

My Countach 3D model

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by BBoyJmE, Mar 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
    #1 BBoyJmE, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello everyone,

Firstly I would like to say I am a little jelly of every one of you out there with a Countach :( It's been my dream car since birth, I grew up on images of my dads 1982 LP500s black on black. He had one when he was well off back in 1982. He sold it a few years later due to inflation caused by the civil war. He had to start from scratch and when I was born in 1990. For me it was pretty much born in a war torn country with just enough to eat. It's been my dream to buy him another(Lamborghini) since I was 10! Especially seeing him smile when he reminisced of the times he had the Countach. Sadly I will probably never get the chance to own a Countach seeing how crazy the prices are getting, 15 years ago I would have probably been able to get one but now hitting 500k mark - I'll need to win the lotto. On the bright side a 2004 Murceialagos are going for around 150k =\

In any case, I have modeled a Countach LP500s inside and out (no engine and boot space) and I would like to share it and my enthusiasm with you all - I have only seen 3 Countachs in my life, 1st was the Doughnut King one in 2000,second was an LP5000 QV in 2002, and recently a 25th anniversary on Australia day where I met Jamesark (very nice and friendly of you to chat with me about your Lamborghini experiences!)

Attached are some images of my dad with his Countach as well as 3D renders of the 3D model I made. I also put that 3D model in a racing simulator called Assetto Corsa, Now I can drive it and view it in Virtual reality headset :)

Questions I have relate to the game model I'm working on, to represent the physics as accurately as possible I need to know a few things.

Suspension arm lengths as well as suspension dampening rates
    if rolling at 10kmph in 1st gear and you press the pedal all the way, would the car do a burnout ( this is to get traction settings right)
    What is the stock brake bias?

I'm dying to lay my eyes on a round belly Countach, i'd LOVE to go for a ride in one and of COURSE would love to drive one, haha . Anyone in the Sydney area feeling like making my dream come true? :D

For high resolution of my 3D renders visit
    www.fb.com/jnVisuals
    or
    BBoyJmE (Jimmy Nahlous) - DeviantArt

N.B: put me in front of an LP500s and I can show you where you can find every screw just by memory due to the amount of time I spent looking at reference images :p

Cheers!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Impressive!

3. dcast18

dcast18 Karting

Jan 18, 2009
    very nice!

4. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Very impressive !

5. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    What did you model it off of? Blue prints? Orthographic photographs?

What did you use to render the images and lighting with?

6. That is incredible work!

7. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
    #7 BBoyJmE, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    Thanks guys :) I used blueprints - I have tried making this car for years! but i waited until I found good enough blueprints because I can't stand seeing 3D models that look like "kit cars" with wrong proportions.

I modeled it in 3DS MAX, rendered it in Maya Arnold. I released version 2 for the game located here

Lamborghini Countach LP500s | RaceDepartment

Thanks for your comments :) Ahhh, EarlyCat do you own a Countach :'(

Oh, also any Countach owner want to test my game Mod for feedback on how it drives? that would be GREAT!

EDIT: I also used A TONNE of images from all sorts of angles to get the shape and shading right. there are still a few things I need to do here and there but oh well :)

8. mcg

mcg Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    Andy
    molto bella

9. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
    #9 BBoyJmE, Mar 26, 2015
    I forgot to mention that I am also 3D printing my 3D Model I printed the Spoiler at 1/5 scale but Might reprint everything 1/4 scale! Imagine that for a scale model car! :)

That big red model car is the Kyosho 1/12, it is about 36cm long - 1/4 scale Countach will be 1.025m long!

My brother bumped into the white Countach QV and its owner that is near Parklea, I wasn't with him at the time but the guy has my number, I hope to hear from him one day =\

Anyone in Sydney area willing to show me their Countach?

10. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
    #10 BBoyJmE, Aug 3, 2016
    Okay, after organizing for a long time, I finally got Jet X and a QV FI Countach owner to meet up to laser scan the car. JetX Laser scanned the car, aligned the scans together and I have been modeling over it and with Joe Sackeys amazing restoration photos, been modelling it with as much fidelity as possible.

Here is what I got up to so far, be kind, still work in progress. I will be modelling an LP400 -LP400S, LP500S, QV DD , QV FI (no Anniversary thank you :p)
    High Res here:
    https://www.facebook.com/JnVisuals/photos/?tab=album&album_id=999720266794016

I want to preserve this baby virtually, and I will be 3D printing this at 1/4 scale when I am done, this is why I stopped 3D printing the previous model!

11. rbf41000

rbf41000 Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Very cool work.
    If you don't mind me asking, your early posts mention a revolution and poverty.
    I see you now live in Australia, where did you live as a child?

12. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Very cool!!

13. em42

em42 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    Great project. Dont hesitate to ask if you ever want some specific info or dimensions on a 5000s.
    All the best,

Ed.

14. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
    #14 BBoyJmE, Aug 3, 2016
    Thank you all, I was born in Lebanon, 1990, a tthe end of the 25 year long Civil war. My dad had to sell the car to get as much money back as possible and becasue of one close call he had with a stray bullet. As I've said before, I grew up to my dads photos and been obsessed with the Countach since as far as I can remember and been my goal in life to buy my dad another Lambo....

Thanks Em42,
    I do need measurements for the engine cover. As many as you can, but key measurements are the white rectangles I placed over my 1st model I did.
    Another set of measurements anyone can do is the frame thickness for the glass, overall and distance from the rail/groove to the outer sides. Reason I need these is because the laser scan has the outer shell of the car, and the outer shell of the frames where they meet the glass, but not how thick they are on the inside of the car.

Cheers!

I could email you images if you want. I see that red doesn't compress so well but pretty much as many measurements of the engine lid is highly appreciated :)

Beggars can't be choosers, I know that, but please in mm!

15. em42

em42 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008

Hy Jimmy,

I will send you some pictures as soon as I get home this Saturday.
    Talk to you soon!

Ed.

16. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
    Thanks Ed! :) I really appreciate it, safe travels!