Huracan input | FerrariChat

Huracan input

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Pinarello, Jan 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pinarello

Pinarello Karting

Sep 20, 2013
    Visalia
    Full Name:
    Roberto Gugig
    Who has one, impressions ?, does anyone use one daily?( reviews says you could), comparison with other cars ? Would you prefer new 580-2?

2. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Best Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde of ANY car.

If you can get over the exotic level for a DD, this car's docile characteristics are on par with a 911TT. At the flip of a switch it's a monster that will take down an Aventador. Best car IMO.

I would 580-2 if not subjecting the car to snow.

3. txitalia

txitalia Formula Junior

May 5, 2013
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I picked up one for the shop back in October. Since then I drove it in the Houston Lamborghini Festival, commuted to work for a couple weeks, and put in a few sessions down at MSR Houston.

As a commuter, it's a fantastic ride. Reomagnetic suspension will spoil you, rotten. Makes my Diablo (which has a newly rebuilt suspension) feel like a ratty old kit car! The electronics are very fun to learn and well thought out. Seats are awesome. I'm 6'2" and over 250 lbs. can't believe how comfortable I am in this car. The only real drawbacks are two fold and typical of Lamborghini. 1) Attention. Causes other drivers to act like idiots. 2) Rear Quarter view and rear view is worse than my Gallardo AND Diablo.

At the LamboFest - had an impromptu race with an Aventador in front of me. He took off on a long straight. I gave chase and ran him down in a half mile or so. The Huracan is definitely faster.

On the track, it was impressive. Although I was continuously frustrated by the location of the A pillar, the car is very fast. Power is between 4k to 7k -anything after that is just over rev. The torque vectoring damned impressive. I couldn't make it spin if I wanted - and I tried!

I spent the last session chasing a group of Spec Miata race cars. 5 laps of chasing them resulted in an even race - they couldn't get away from me and I couldn't reel them in. They typically run in the mid 1:40's. In the Huracan it was easy. I couldn't get the back end to step out. She turned incredibly well. And when I went too fast the Huracan would just push progressively through the turn. All I had to do was let off slightly, letting the front end grip, then get back in it and let torque vectoring AWD system do its thing. Ridiculously easy. Anybody could do this. Damned near idiot proof!

Right now, she's waiting patiently for the carbon fiber hood we're making for it. We'll be making videos of our Akrapovic exhausts and HRE Wheels going on her for our YouTube channel.

4. HRE Wheels

HRE Wheels Karting

Oct 4, 2013
    Vista, Ca
    Full Name:
    HRE Wheels
    When do you expect to have those videos up?

5. txitalia

txitalia Formula Junior

May 5, 2013
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Frank
    We have scheduled the shoot for Saturday the 13th - at the shop. I just approved the artwork for the "bumper" yesterday. The website went live, Thursday. I'll sign up as a sponsor, of FerrariChat, next week.

6. 612scag

612scag Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2010
    I just bought one. Been waiting for my 488 allocation for a while and got a little frustrated by the delay...decided to try out the Huracan while my turn comes up on the allocation. I expect to take delivery middle of next week. Will share my impressions once I get it. I am primarily a Ferrari guy, been so for many years but looking forward to trying a Lamborghini.

7. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Huracan is #1. Believe it!

8. Pinarello

Pinarello Karting

Sep 20, 2013
    Visalia
    Full Name:
    Roberto Gugig
    Looking forward to your input 612scag as I am also a Ferrari ( and Porsche ) guy never driven a lambo!

9. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

I am amazed that automobile manufacturers still design this way. 20 years ago I was in a new Lotus Esprit but declined the test drive because I couldn't see what was next to, or behind me.

Please elaborate how you can drive this car with confidence if you cant see what's around you?

Thanks.

10. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    All exotics are hard to see to back up. I always dread backing up into a tight space. However the Huracan is really a nimble fast little car. It really gets with it if you give it an opportunity to run. I haven't bought a new car since '09 and this is really an improvement.