86 Lamborghini 5000S Down Draft QV values? | FerrariChat

86 Lamborghini 5000S Down Draft QV values?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by east coast surfer, Jul 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. east coast surfer

Mar 25, 2016
    Bound Brook, NJ
    Full Name:
    Thomas Miller
    Hi Guys, I'm not a regular visitor to the the site, but will be helping a friend sell an 86 5000S. The car is a Canadian delivery car, now on East Coast of the US. The car is close to perfect, all stock, low miles, climate controlled garage. Any ideas on values, and if better to sell here or in Europe. Any recent comps would be appreciated. Thanks, T

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Tom, e-mail sent, I have buyers for a http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/lamborghinichat-com-sponsored-cats-exotics/503457-countach-downdraft.html looking presently.

As with most variants, there is a huge range of values. By way of example, there is a car on the market in Switzerland for @ $450k and another in the UAE for @ $680k.

Hope this helps.

3. petearron

petearron Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Post some pics and info on the car here, and asking price.

4. Raclambo

Raclambo Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 1, 2014
    NY,FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yes let's see some current pictures please.

5. swiss2000

swiss2000 Rookie

Jun 5, 2015
    I’m not a car dealer, but I’ve been following the carb countach values and esp. DD values for quite some time…….sideways value pattern is over i my view. Another two DD‘s just sold most recently here, that’s basically it……no more real offers below 500K for a DD or any other unrestored carb countach over here. The two Countach 5000s Cats got up for sale represent one the best values wordwide, IMHO. Carb countach values, and esp. DD values, are set to rise much further.

6. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    The CT carb QV will be a Mil figure car in not so long. Especially knowing from Joe about the FIA homologation specs. I think it is a big deal they did that. The thing is simply too historically important. If it is not yet a mil it is because they made 2000 or so of countach and 650 of the QV.
    No matter where you go the car just gets people crazy. I have seen this time and time again for 15 years of onwership.

7. swiss2000

swiss2000 Rookie

Jun 5, 2015
    yes, rather sooner than later they will hit a Mil.....IMO, exept an Diablo Se30, i can think of no other collectors car offers better value for money and mid- and longterm future prospects than a carb countach, esp. a DD......i remember well autosalon singen ads in 2004 (no that long a ago..) offering two Ferrari 288 GTOs (a car made for FIA homologation..) for 125k each.....so no one should get surprised...

8. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    "offering two Ferrari 288 GTOs (a car made for FIA homologation..) for 125k each.....so no one should get surprised...
    ""

aaarrrgghhh!!! who would have guest!! it is like getting getting one free GTO for buying a deep discounted one. but again same with countach. in the mid-2000 you could have picked 2 for a $100K... carbed and you were told by pro sellers "why do you want a countach? buy a real car rather than a lawn ornament!".

9. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    I think a dd will be worth more in the future
    Same goes for 400s cars and 5000s carbed

The FIA omologation is nice but not so important imo...the list was pretty long and dd never raced...

An other example ?
    The diablo was the only lamborghini admited to race in italian gt championship....nobody knows it and the value of the car is still low aniway

10. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Interesting rith the GTO. I drove one a few months ago. Not to say it is anything similar to a Countach. But it Did feel and gave me a lot of the same vibe, overall metal noise/ feeling shock and springs ,smell, poss italian metal/ primer/ paint oil and whatever they used in their small scale car prod at the time,definitly the ssme time envelope.

11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    hey emilio - curious what your thoughts are regarding this post now that some time has past?

12. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    my thougths are not SO different today

if you look at recent sales very nice QV carbed and 400S cars are worth a good amount now
    i know of late 400S sold for well over half a million $ and same goes for the quattrovalvole, with the top car over 650k$
    5000s a bit less but prices of nice original carbed ones are strong

the QV carburatori today is probably worth more in USA than Europe
    and that should not come as a big surprise since is still mega rare in the States (...can we say 20-25 cars at the moment?)

i see diablo market also stronger in USA than Europe now
    probably Europe will follow USA in diablos value in next 2 years or so

13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    We have sold a Downdraft in the USA for $840k landed, however that's an exceptional car and the range for nice cars is anywhere upwards of @ $500k in the USA.

Ciro Izzo likes this.
  14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    what wld a like for like FI go for? 300K less?

15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Depends on mileage, maintenance history, condition, modifications, specification, colors, provenance and more besides.

I can't shoot in the dark without details but IMO a Downdraft is worth about a third more or sometimes twice what a Fuelie is at the moment, of course these ratios are not absolute and change with time.

16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    What year was this one?

17. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    This year. :)

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    lol...ok i think i know which one it was...

19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Correct, I've sold five (5) Downdrafts in the past year, as markets are constantly evolving only recent sales really matter.

Correct, no secret, it was HLA12093.

20. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    IMO, Europe is done for these cars and that is why price gets soft there and high price are coming from outside europe for export.
    Reasons are simple:
    1. In most euro countries avg people resent these cars and their owners. This has grown worst over the decades.
    2. new green legislations and taxes and inspections are making them a nightmare to own. Not mentioning the traffic laws getting more stringent.
    3. Being green and being seen green has become a great deal there. Automotive excitement from some decades ago has vanished overall and young people are at best seeking electric and computer with wheels

21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Good points, but some of the world's most prominent collectors and owners are in Europe and judging by the growing number of collections & events they aren't giving up on classic & vintage cars anytime soon IMO.

Ellagirl and Ciro Izzo like this.
  22. John Petrovic

John Petrovic Rookie

Jan 15, 2019
    Calgary Canada
    Full Name:
    Ijvpet
    #22 John Petrovic, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2022
    I don't know what the owner wanted for this DD Anniversario, but I'm pretty sure its a record for an Anniversario....
    So much for softening prices outside of the USA.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    high bid does NOT mean sold

24. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name: