LP640 Roadster possibly to Huracan Spyder or Speciale | FerrariChat

LP640 Roadster possibly to Huracan Spyder or Speciale

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by plastique999, Aug 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I have a very nice 2009 white on red LP640 Roadster which I've owned for almost a year. It complements my 16M and CGT (V8, V10, V12). The latter 2 will be staying in my stable.
    I love the Murcie for its sheer presence and amazing V12 Bizzarini engine exhaust note. I will comment that it is not the best driver's car when going on canyon drives and obviously doesn't have the best visibility. It is a little old in tech and comfort, but it is a showstopper. I drove it up from SoCal to Monterey in the Italian Stampede with the wife with the top off - yes we made it with windows up and A/C blowing. The silly top is a bit of nonsense and it isn't the most comfortable to drive on long trips.

I'm at a juncture where I am thinking of trading the Murcie for a Huracan Spyder or a Speciale. The Huracan Spyder has caught my eye in that it is obviously extremely fast and has an amazing interior. It is certainly more of a driver's car than the Murcie, but I feel won't have as much presence.
    So my plan was to get into a Huracan for a year or two (satisfy the itch) and then perhaps at that point switch to a Speciale.

The other option is to trade now into a Speciale but there is a lot of speculation that prices of the Speciale may come down in a year or two as the cycle of Ferraris generally follow(also with the market softening after Monterey auctions). I actually have spoken with several dealers about Speciales for sale. Perhaps it would be wiser to wait.
    I'm not in a huge rush and I don't have to jump into anything right away where people claim not to delay in the "joy of ownership" with the Speciale.
    Finally, although speculative, LP640's seem to be stable and may follow the rise of Countachs and Diablos (will take years), Huracans will certainly depreciate, and Speciales may in time hold value long term.
    Thoughts?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my 16M

2. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Anyone?

Sent from my 16M

3. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    I would trade for a speciale

4. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    HURACAN SPYDER.......you get a real top, a modern car with warranty, a lighter car with great agility AND better performance. A true homerun....

5. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    You will miss the amazing presence of the Murci. Hard to beat the look of the roadster. All others will drop in value.

6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

I do believe this...the Murcie has such great presence!
    You feel the Speciale will drop? Short term or long term or both?

Sent from my 16M

7. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I'll keep the Murcie for now...

Sent from my 16M

8. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Now thinking of LP670 SV....what to do

Sent from my 16M

9. marlonbvm

marlonbvm Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Max
    I would do the LP 670 SV any day over your other choices. At the end of the day, they are all amazing cars, whether the 458, the Huracan or the Murci. I have driven them all, and own an LP 640 myself. While the Huracan is a much better performing car, as are most of your other choices, they pale in comparison them to the road presence of the Murcielago. The way that I see it, you only will use a small percentage of any of those cars capabilities on the street. I have no intentions of selling my LP 640 anytime soon, I think they will hold their values, and eventually go up. The last True V 12 Lamborghini with scissor doors. Tough to beat that.... Besides the 670!

10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Speciale will be the most buoyant of those in long-term value. Probably not as collectible as a Stradale, or even the 16M, but still valuable.

You have hard-driving convertibles in the 16M and CGT. Huracan would be more comfortable but depreciates. Murci is more of your cruiser GT car. 670SV seems pretty wild. The SVs are holding prices well lately, although I'm not sure what's pushing that on the paddle Murci SVs.

If it were my garage, already having two pretty intense, razor sharp cars, I might want to either keep the Murci as a show-and-go car, or even get a more cushy GT like a Vanquish Volante. Or... the Vanquish Volante Zagato?

11. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Thanks for the input guys,...I am looking hard now at LP670 SV's. There are currently 6 for sale in the country and I've contacted all 6 dealers and am narrowing down to either white, matte black or possibly yellow (do not prefer yellow).
    Being that there were only 186 made (and quite a few from that crashed), I do believe these cars will hold value, and yes last of the V12 Bizzarrini engine. You are correct that the presence of the Murcie is like no other.

I still do want and will eventually get a Speciale but will wait to see how the market fairs on them in the next year or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Special I believe will drop both short and long term. The Lambo is already depreciated...

13. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
  14. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #15 ryalex, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Roy just posted this... apparently only two manuals left now!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward