Just bought a Aventador Roadster | FerrariChat

Just bought a Aventador Roadster

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by 09Scuderia, Sep 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Prior to buying I read that:

1) Its too big. Fact, it takes up the same foot print in our garage as the 458.
    2) Feels too big on the road. Not my experience after a load of miles in the city and back roads.
    3) Transmission is jerky at low speeds. In Strada its fine. Its not as smooth as the 458, but that is OK.
    4) Its an attention whore. Yes, this is true. I suspect this will often become annoying about the same amount of time that its fun.
    5) It is fast as snot...not true. Its faster than snot. Other previous fast cars are not as fast. Would kill the 458 and several other high end sports cars that I own/ owned.
    6) Understeers. I didn't experience this. Maybe that is to come.
    7) Car feels 100% locked down and solid at any speed. The 458 dances far more vs the Aventador.
    8) Paint, build quality etc is excellent.
    9) Exhaust sound with the OEM exhaust software is..well, epic.

Any specific questions?

2. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    another one entering the DARK SIDE . Congrats !

3. Raclambo

Raclambo Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 1, 2014
    NY,FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yes congrats !! Photos possibly ?

4. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Will do.
    Owning the Bull isn't a rejection of Ferrari. Having been to Ferrari and Lamborghini I think I get the differences. Ferrari is huge. Mass production on a even larger scale. Lamborghini is completely different. Lambo is closer to Pagani vs Ferrari when it comes to product and culture. If you ever have the chance to tour the factories you absolutely should.

5. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Bongrats on your new car. I also have a 458 and a Adventador. Each has a different mission so not the cars for comparison.

Someone posted the Adventador has a jerky transmission. Thet was true now they have a fix the dealer can do for you and it is much better.

Best

Lee

6. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Congrats. Love the Aventador.

7. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    The transmission is fine. Its not super smooth, but it is 95% as smooth as the 458 DCT.

8. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Sorry to be contrary. The 458 7 speed is a technical master piece. The imaginative dual clutch is awesome. The transmission makes the low HP 458 quick and smooth.

The adventador has a single clutch so it comparably abrupt and harsh. I would set the number below 95%.

The 458 at full throttle is smooth and easy on the drivers body. The adventador at full throttle hurts the back if you do not brace yourself and even then it is not great.

maybe the newer Adventadors have a dual clutch my 2013 does not. I love the car anyway.

Best

Lee

9. marlonbvm

marlonbvm Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Max
    Big congrats! Where are you located in Texas?

10. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Congrats on the new car!

11. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    ATX area...

12. Andrew R.

Andrew R. Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2005
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Congrats on your new lambo!

13. lcworld

lcworld Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2013
    I suppose the pun was intended :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLIO8zME8YM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJl5piv1FrY[/ame]

14. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  15. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Congrats and enjoy!

16. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
  17. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Took the Avy out for another aggressive drive...not triple digit type stuff. Lower speeds, tight corners,....drove it like a sports car vs a super car. For reference I also have a 4c..just sold a 458 Spider. The Aventador was very similar to the 458 in the tight stuff just WAY faster out of the corners. Anyone who claims the Aventador can't be driven like a sports car is incorrect. The Avy felt better than both the 458 and the 4c. WAY more fun..no comparison.

18. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    I also have a 13 Aventador Roadster and a Huracan. I have driven both on the track. The Huracan is faster straight ahead and in the corners. It is so smoooth with the DC transmission. Actually feels like it accelerates more strongly as you shift UP!! The Aventador has too much lag between shifts at wide open throttle unless you use Corsa which puts too much strain on the tranny in my opinion. According to Lamborghini this is to give you the sensation of shifting a manual transmission. Give me the DC anyday. In fact if Lambo puts a DC in the Aventador it will be a huge game changer and I will be first in line.
    I have ordered the new Huracan Superleggera. More HP and less weight. This car should be a killer!! Cant wait!

19. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Masterpiece may be a bit of an exaggeration. PDK felt much better IMO.