Where oh where have all the early 90s Diablos gone? | FerrariChat

Where oh where have all the early 90s Diablos gone?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Bradwilliams, Jan 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I've been following the market for about two years now and these suckers are NEVER for sale except for over at Interstate Motorsports. And now they only have one. What gives?

2. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    They do not seem to stay on the sales floor long. I have had 3 91 cars in the last 30 days..2 have sold, still have this one available.

Also have a 94 VT 14K miles inbound as well...

1991 Lamborghini Diablo Lynnwood WA 16108148

3. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
  4. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    There is a 91 Yellow at Mecum Kissimi,i think.

5. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Is that the ex Jerry Rice car?

6. Doc_K

Doc_K Karting

Oct 19, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Full Name:
    Ian K.
    Someone's getting ready to manipulate the market again.

7. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

NM just checked. Interstate looks like they're getting out of the game on these. They had a bunch in stock for over a year. hardly any of them sold. I've been following them closely. He's been slowly letting them go to the auctions.

I'm in to buy one in the 90-110k range. Not paying 140k for a Diablo, not going to happen. I'll wait as long as it takes.

8. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I think you can still find a 91 for $100K or so..of course it will have some issues that if your good with cars may not worry you to correct. But a decent 91 does not and will not EVER again be sub $100k...so pending what your needs are for the car....yes you may waiting for a very very very long time...

As far as my car int he exceptional condition its in with ONLY 2 owners ITS WHOLE life and tons of documentation...with no worries...$110K...well as you said.."Not going to happen"
    But I open to a fair offer...

Thanks Roy

9. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    lol

10. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#10 Bradwilliams, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Thanks Roy but I don't value that car enough to pay that kind of money. These are not 140k cars IMO. When they're back to 100, I'll be there, if not, then I guess I'll never buy one. Too many other fun toys out there I can buy in spades for 30-100k.

11. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I heard this about Countachs...........and now look

12. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I never warmed to the Diablo, even in the 90s. The Countach though, I love it.

13. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #13 ttforcefed, Jan 6, 2017
    diablo is an insane car - way more driveable than the CT. From what ive seen diablos have traded strong and hard to find clean ones.

14. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #14 Sledge4.2, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    When did u buy it and how many miles was on it?

16. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Black on tan, B*tchin!!

17. randomlambo

randomlambo Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2013
    RI & MA border
    Full Name:
    DT
    That looks like the Evans car that needed some minor TLC? Great buy right before they shot up a little.

18. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    yep, still listed for sale on his website.

Needed more than a little TLC, but I knew what I was getting into.

19. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #19 Sledge4.2, Jan 6, 2017
    62k miles about 2 years ago.

On the plus side, George had just put in a new short block, his "17 angle" valve job, full gearbox rebuild. On the downside, the interior was shot (which I replaced, including carpet, leather, dynamat, full new stereo, front and rear camera, refinish instrument and console), front tin pans needed replacing, most of the wiring in the engine bay was crispy from all the miles (replaced all connectors), coil packs failed, minor body work including refinishing the rear aluminum slats and rear valence, rewired radiators, new thermo switches, most all new sensors including TPS, speedo sensor, had to refurb the skateboard trucks on the front end <haha>, rewired fog lights, fixed headlight lifter motor, throttle body sync, bought 4 different exhaust systems (including a full straight pipe system), refinished radiator shrouds, all new gas struts (doors, front trunk, and engine hood), new carpet front trunk, failed window lifter system, rewired engine bay fuse box, rebuilt alternator, new window seals, new door surround trim bits, new shift knob, AC and alternator belts, broken interior door release, fixed electric door locks, refinished exterior door handles, replaced exterior door lock bezels, bought the LM diagnosis console (fun but insane) and quite a few other things needed tending to along the way

20. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    #20 Peter K., Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    Always had thoughts of swapping my Jarama GT for a 91. It's funny really, I never like the styling of the Diablos until I look at the supercars of the last dozen years. Someone had on ebay, years ago, and orange 91 that was done up similar to a GT (?). Wing, black wheels, and some other stuff. VERY cool looking. Think is was an 80k car, maybe.
    Anyone remember that?

21. kmb58

kmb58 Karting

Jan 17, 2016

All lies. He washed it in his driveway a couple of times.

Jk.. Sledge4.2 has one of the best ongoing refresh threads out there for the Diablo.. if anyone ventures out to other sites..

I didn't know this was a sub $100k car! Wow. I wish I wasn't so damn infatuated with the 6.0.. if I knew a sub $100k car could really be found.. I mean, not a 'maybe', I might consider selling off my scrap project to fund one..

22. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I like the Diablo. I do not like the large bulk, shifter, and poor brakes. Upgraded aftermarket brakes are available. The early 2wd cars are some of the fastest of the series and are still a bargain. Much better than the mass produced computer-assisted cookie-cutter crap produced today.

23. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    Ralf said this first! :)
    when nobody was interested in 91-92...

i do not get why a diablo should not be over 110k$ when there is plenty of cars much more overhiped than a diablo...when you think values of 430 manual, 599 manual, 512 M.....is hardly the diablo that is priced too hi imo

24. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Does anyone know what was available for fitted luggage for the early Diablos?

25. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    #25 white out, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    aka waiting for the next housing crisis to hit. I'm in the same boat for a 964 turbo.