OT: Huracan Lp 580 Performante | FerrariChat

OT: Huracan Lp 580 Performante

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by 458dreamer, Jan 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 458dreamer

458dreamer Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Dubai
    This car is about to be revealed very soon. By Jan 30 in Dubai and will carry a price tag here of $340k. Official launch is in Geneva. Deliveries will begin by year end as a 2018 model. It will be called LP-620.

Will this be as good or better than the speciale? Will it hold value? Will it be awd or rwd?

Something about a NA V10 with the lambo pencil and ruler hexagon looks do seem appealing.

2. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
    580? Don't you mean like 670? Anyway, theres a official thread already down in the lambo section, along with blurb in the big VS thread.

3. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    1. Don't know if it'll be as good or better than new 488 special edition
    2. It'll hold its value better than the Huracan but not likely as well as a special edition of Ferrari
    3. It'll be awd

4. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    lambos will never hold value

5. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Definitely not 580. It's more than likely 640. Supposedly unbelievably quick, but we'll see.

6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Not totally sure what the OP meant through their post. But it does give an interesting thought. Lambo could release a 4WD Huracan P that's all about lap times and then a new 2WD Huracan P with some aero and 630 hp for going absolutely insane in and killing yourself.

7. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Rumor is lambo will announce ring time for this at geneva show that will beat aventador sv and 918! Can't see how it will do it despite all the trick active aero

8. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I don't buy any of their times. Independent tests have shown that a Mclaren 675 Is above an Aventador SV in basically every performance way (Id have an SV though) and the 675 is an entire league below a 918 or P1. It's just marketing BS from lambo. Doesn't mean the Huracan P won't be very good though especially at $325,000, but let's be realistic.

Also, I dislike the idea of Nring lap times. I could make a whole thread about it. The track is so long and technical, shaving a second or so off the time says more about the skill/luck/balls of the driver than about the actual car.

9. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    If the car is limited in production, there is a chance it will hold.

10. 458italia2014

458italia2014 Formula 3

Aug 3, 2013
    sounds promising

11. 458italia2014

458italia2014 Formula 3

Aug 3, 2013
    All I know is that this car will be quick and probably very fun to drive. You guys have to remember, just like the 458 was the last N/A v8 Ferrari made, I would not be surprised if the Hurucan is the last N/A v10 Lambo makes.

12. 458dreamer

Jul 3, 2012
    Dubai
    As far as I know it is one of the last NA super cars out there. I also like the looks. These factors make it tempting. There is no doubt that it will be a raging savage car.

The main complaint about the superleggera was that awd made it less of a fun car especially on a track. So my hunch is that they will make it rwd this time. However, some cleaning ladies have said that it will be awd.

We'll know soon enough.

13. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    While I'm a huge, enormous Ferrari fan, I put an 800hp supercharger on the rear wheel drive Huracan from VF Engineering, and it's an unbelievably fun, exciting ride.

Frankly, I wouldn't materially modify a Ferrari, but with the Lambo, I don't think it diminishes the resale value.

So, taking 88 pounds off the Huracan base model, adding aero, dialing up power and torque a little, I think this will be a very fun car.

14. 458dreamer

Jul 3, 2012
    Dubai
    Not to forget tweaking the suspension.

But the million dollar question is should one wait for the 488 speciale instead? Just another year away. I could get one of those months after launch. Easy in my market.

15. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    Wait? Only get one? I'm unfamiliar with those concepts.

16. 458dreamer

Jul 3, 2012
    Dubai
    Yeah I know others that hold a whole portfolio of super cars. But I am simple, just have a gt3 and 458 and think that too is a mistake I need to correct and go down to just one impractical car at a time. In any case cars are a number three priority in my life coming after wine, women and women.

17. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    countach
    miura

18. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Diablos have been strong for a few years now.

19. 458dreamer

Jul 3, 2012
    Dubai
    My experience has seen that track versions of porsche and ferrari hold value better than the standard cars. A pretty safe rule of thumb. Is it not the same with lambo? It is inevitable that the track versions end up getting produced in fewer numbers (even if not limited edition) than the standard cars.

20. Devine458

Devine458 Karting

Mar 20, 2013
    the Huracan Performante won't hold its value. Some very early flippers may make a few bucks, but it will dry up quickly. No comparison in which car will hold its value better between the 488 Speciale and the Huracan Performante. The Huracan P will be a mass produced car sure there might not be quite as many built compared the standard Huracan, but it's in no way going to be a limited edition plus anyone can get one if they want one.

21. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    Not sure about that. Been looking at gallardo performante this past 12 months. They have commanded a premium over regular gallardo convertibles and holding while the other has been declining

22. Devine458

Devine458 Karting

Mar 20, 2013
    They've still lost over $100k+ from initial sticker. Sure they are holding better value now over the basic LP's. But it's taken 5 years to do so. The Super Trofeo Stradales... Squadra Corsa's and Blancpain's seem to be holding their values the best due to them being limited number special editions.

23. ducatir8cer

ducatir8cer Karting

Dec 25, 2014
    This is the best comment, really made me chuckle.

24. 458dreamer

Jul 3, 2012
    Dubai
    The performante has been revealed in private viewings. It is about 640 hp, awd, 40 Kg lighter and has a Ring time significantly faster than 918 spyder's time of 6.57. It has a smart new patented aerodynamics system. Base price $300K.

25. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

That's a game changer to beat the 918.
    It'll be interesting to see how the ALA Aero system works.
    I'll be going to the debut in LA this Friday. Also have a deposit down on this car.

Sent from my 16M