Diablo Electrical hail mary | FerrariChat

Diablo Electrical hail mary

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Sledge4.2, Mar 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #1 Sledge4.2, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    for rifledriver....or anyone else....

I am chasing down an short in my climate control system. The system turns on and off erratically, sometimes on, sometime off, something flicking on and off quickly. All relays tested good.

I have a WSM and wiring diagrams for an early VT, I haven't been able to find one for the early diablos, and I know there are differences.

Relay B in the owners manual (R2 in the electrical schematic) controls power to F19 (in the wiring diagram) which is the fuse to the climate control unit.

In the schematic, the trigger for the relay is 63/10, which is not labeled in the WSM index. That 63 wire (whatever it is) is giving intermittent 12v. help.

Oddly, when I pull fuse 9, the 63/10 circuit energizes and the control unit works (but I lose instrument, warning lights, oil pressure feed and side rear view).

Any suggestions are welcome.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. gday

gday Formula 3

Sep 10, 2004
    CA, USA - NSW, AUS
    Full Name:
    Mick
    Doubt its a short given that things start to work when a load is reduced. I'd go with a ground fault somewhere close to those circuits.

-mick

3. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    yes, i was thinking that. the wiring diagram for R1 references 64 which is a central ground for the harness, a central ground located in the "front side of the car", was going to chase that down.

4. elms

elms Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    DCS
    Is it actually switching off or just the display lights for the climate control?

5. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    the entire system turns on and off erratically, the climate control panel, climate control ECU, and electrovalves

6. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Not shure if this helps, drove my countach a week ago, runs perfect,stopped at the Hardware store, got back inn the car, starts,runs, all good, but no functioning guages,ac dead,headlight not retracting once ign is turned off, iow everything in the back funktioned, while 1/2 the front did not,first thought was ground,but not the case,anyway long story short,fuse nmbr2 from right, had intermittent cintact with the brass clips/bracket wich holds it in place,fuse itself was not blown,but noticed over time it actually had colapsed slightly,wich caused the intermittent connection, anyway,rotate /spinn all your fuses,remove and hit the brackets with sandpaper, worked for me.

7. derekfc

derekfc Karting

Oct 28, 2014
    What wire is 133/10?
    R1/86?

sounds like ground fault.

8. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    133 is shown as "Connector for DRL lights device, only Scandanivian countries and Canada", which makes no sense. I bought my manual from Eurospares, which included the electrical diagrams. Its for an early VT car, but I am certain the wiring diagrams don't go with the WSM, and further there are difference from the 91, which really makes it confusing.

R1/86 is harness ground...which may be the problem.

9. derekfc

derekfc Karting

Oct 28, 2014
    take an alligator jumper off pin 86 and just grab some clean metal and give it a shot. if the problem goes away, chase down that ground.

10. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Scandinavia had mandantory law reg drivinglights,they where required to automatic switch on when car was started,and stay on. Not shure reg Canada,

11. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Also i checked my factory parts book/ring folder,91/93 diablo, electrical section,and also the designated Us only pages,(also a great britain,Swiss,and Australian add section) no add parts /components listed for Us only,reg AC system,

12. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Canada also

13. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    do you have the wiring diagrams?

14. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    I just learned "63" is the control ECU for electrical device exclusion (ie R2 relay B).

15. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    My factory parts book is 91/93 Diablo. My factory identical looking black yellow. Work manual says Diablo v t. What was avail at the time. But acc to Harold wich was their tech guy from webers to murcieLagos. Not much changed in the electric when changed to awd. I i believe it have all the wire diagrams. I will check when home in 2 or so hrs. I bought all this thrue Ultimate Motorworks /lamborghini Orlando back when i had my 91 diablo then 01 6,0 Did supply them with exhaust for Diablo and Murcielago

16. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    I have that same VT manual, there is an earlier one just for the early gen Diablos. that is what I am looking for, I know it exists, but cant find it.

17. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #17 Sledge4.2, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Its not the ground, that didn't work.

Its a faulty/intermittent signal from the 64 ECU. Do you mind looking in your manual to see if 64 is listed as follows?

18. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Yes 64 is similar, 63 ,in my manual is blank

19. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Low oil press=91 brake liquide warning light=90 windshield washer liquid =85 in my manual ,these are the functions listed under your manual63

20. I have an early manual, I think. The date says Jan 1993. It is a copy of a copy. I don't see any wiring diagram in mine. 63 & 64 are the same as yours.

21. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Someone shared that pic above, it's from an early diablo manual (which I don't have), that was issued at the factory training in Italy when first diablos rolled off the line (or so I was told).

I am in search of that manual

22. Mine says workshop manual. There is no wiring diagram, but it looks like the rest is in there. If you want a copy, I'll send you a copy of what I have. Ellagirl, does your have an actual wiring diagram?

23. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Yes. Mine is the real mc coy. Got seperate fold out diagrams for every electrical section of the car. Seperate ac diagram. Very thorough. Detailed.

24. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Its a 5 inch thick metal ring folder. Factory Lamborghini in a thick carboard box

25. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Also matching parts manual 91-93 Diablo , i bought them in a set. Thru Terru. Ultimate Motorworks.