Re: Lamborghini Diablo SVR | FerrariChat

Re: Lamborghini Diablo SVR

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by chesterpiglet, May 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chesterpiglet

chesterpiglet Rookie

May 27, 2017
    Hi there.
    My name is Rob & I am trying to research a Diablo SVR that competed in the Phillipe Charriol Supersport Trophy. I have been going around in circles all afternoon!
    Any help, guidance or even better pictures or driver info on car number 28(build number not necessarily race number).
    As of yet I have NO info so anything would help or suggestions as to where I might find any information would be gratefully received.
    Thanks in advance.
    Best regards Rob

2. Mr Mezzanotte

Mr Mezzanotte Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2006
    UK
    have you got something more to give us a clue - VIN number or who drove it perhaps ?

3. chesterpiglet

chesterpiglet Rookie

May 27, 2017
    Hi there. Unfortunately I don't-I just have the build plaque with the number 28 on it. Car number 20 has the chassis number 12584 but I checked 15 past this & there was no trace on the register I used. I cannot understand why the plaque was removed unless the car was scrapped. Surely if it was converted(as many were) for road use the plaque would have still stayed on the car. I will have another look later. I could not even find any detailed results other than winners of the series & I tried searching using their names to no avail. The info must be out there somewhere. If the car still exists it would be great to see the plaque back with the car. I will send an email to Lamborghini too. Thanks. Best regards Rob

4. chesterpiglet

chesterpiglet Rookie

May 27, 2017
    Hi there.
    Further to the above-I do not know the chassis number but found a site where some numbers are recorded. I found car number 17 had chassis number 12581, number 19 had 12583 & number 20 had 12584 so logically it must be 12592..............
    Best Rob

5. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Your premise makes sense but note that Lamborghini chassis numbering is notoriously non-sequential, so no conclusion can be drawn without knowing for sure.

6. vectorfiles

vectorfiles Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    #6 vectorfiles, May 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    SVR #27(red) sold in April in Japan.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. chesterpiglet

chesterpiglet Rookie

May 27, 2017
    #7 chesterpiglet, May 29, 2017
  8. Diablo_4_Ever

Diablo_4_Ever Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    Where did you find this item? That would be interesting to know. Perhaps it belongs to one of the SVR that were converted for road use.

9. Diablo_4_Ever

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    #9 Diablo_4_Ever, Jun 1, 2017
    If the racing numbers corresponded with the numbers on the plaque, it might have belonged to this car.

#28 Emmanuel Clerico/Bernard Levy
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. chesterpiglet

chesterpiglet Rookie

May 27, 2017
    Hi there
    I bought it at a brocante in Central France. Yes, it is a possibility but you thought it would have stayed with the car. Thanks for the photos. Some of the race numbers match the plaque numbers & some don't but I will see what I can now find out about the above car which is new information to me.
    Thanks again everyone.
    Regards Rob

11. Diablo_4_Ever

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    #28 was a French racing team; perhaps the car was scrapped in France. Regarding the relationship between racing and plaque numbers, I think we would need to consider only the original numbers as seen on the cars during the Super Trophy; the races that only included Diablo SVR.

12. chesterpiglet

chesterpiglet Rookie

May 27, 2017
    Hi there
    From the information that you sent I got some information about the History of a SVR driven by Clerico but only in 1997 & 8. The Race numbers did seem to change though & in 1997 & 1998 it was car # 17 & 19. I did find a list of the cars & drivers for 1996 with car 26 & 28 blank but the names Clerico & Levy were not on any of the other cars & Clerico is not included as driving it in 1996.

13. revio

revio Karting

May 9, 2006
    France
    Full Name:
    Thibault
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk0hDfBiUzk[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKAIXT4b0sk[/ame]

14. chesterpiglet

chesterpiglet Rookie

May 27, 2017
    Many thanks-they are great, epsecially the 1st one. The plaque was bought not too far from Magny Cours & Lurcy Levis Circuit where 20 cars were tested prior to the Racing Series in 1996