Aventador SV | FerrariChat

Aventador SV

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by zakeen, Aug 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zakeen

zakeen Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Czech Republic
    Do you guys think the sv is worth the money? I was first looking at the performante, but I can get an SV at a good price. But I feel they will just drop in value...

I dont want to pick one up now and when there are far more Avendator S's on the market it will just lower the sv price. If you think it will hold or maybe even raise?

2. hashiriya

hashiriya Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2010
    As a comparison, Murcielago LP670-SV did not land low for a long time. They were once low, then flew up to the skies.
    I like the looks of the S more, personally. A friend of mine could have bought SV, but waited a little more to get the Aventador S as better looking.
    However, SV should not drop as low anyway. How many of these were made? There were only 3 SV in my country. So investment-wise, if you take on a low point, it might be good. The driving/emotional standpoint is whole another story - up to you.

I've checked, it should be about 600 SVs made (and 500 Roadsters). Doesn't sound like a "limited series" car in a world of supercars. So check some deals to see where it goes and what's the demand.

Performante should be a nice car to drive, purely streetable and friendly. I think it won't be less legendary too.

3. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Performante will be less legendary in the aspect that it simply does not have the V12.
    The SV might be one of the last "pure" hardcore Lamborghini flagship cars before hybridization is unavoidable :) The S is playing a slightly different market. The relatively high limited numbers just show how strong the demand for these cars is

4. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    They seem to bottom out at $500,000 and then just go up from there. All the ones on the low end of the spectrum are also cars I've seen listed for a while at the same $499,xxx price. I'm not sure they'll drop anymore than that personally unless Lamborghini introduces an updated SV or the market takes a hit.

Roadsters seem to command top dollar as well. I see a few easily being asked for over $600,000.

5. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012

Talking about the Murcielago SV..i prefer it than the Anentador SV. It's still my favourite Lambo together with the Miura SV and the Gallardo LP570-4 Blanpain edition!

6. It will drop in value for sure. A lot were made and the S is the better car. It will take quite a long time until Aventadors will increase in value. Even the Murci SV is much rarer (less than 200 built) it was quite "cheap" for a long time and even nowadays it's possible to pick one up at USD 300'000. Don't get fooled by all the dealers who try to selling them at 500'000 or more. A guy tried to sell his 1st hand and in perfect condition orange SV with about 15'000 Km for more than one year. Even at USD 330'000 he couldn't get rid of it.

Best thing is always to buy such a car from a privat guy and not from a dealer. That saves you a lot of money.

7. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    WOW...please give me the name and number of the NEXT LP670-4SV that I can buy for $300K US..HELL even $330K US....

8. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    LOL

:)