Unlocked Huracan consumes more energy? | FerrariChat

Unlocked Huracan consumes more energy?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by abstamaria, Aug 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    I'm new to Lamborghini. When I took delivery of my car, the dealer's rep advised that I keep the car locked in the garage, because it consumes less battery power that way. Is that true? I prefer to keep the car unlocked in the garage.

Many thanks. I'll appreciate your advice.

Andres

2. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Yes true, keeping unlocked keeps the ecus live talking to each other periodically

3. AUDIO RESEARCH

AUDIO RESEARCH Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2009
    PHILIPPINES
    Full Name:
    LUIGI RAYMUND LIRA
    Congratulation on your new acquisition. Enjoy it in good health.

4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    No it's not true. Any modern car will enter "sleep" mode after about 20 minutes. If it does not, there is an issue. The hurican is an Audi. They all work the same. Locked or unlocked.

5. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Thanks, Luigi, all. There is so much conflicting advice here and elsewhere on the Net. The absence of any factory position on the issue makes me wonder whether, indeed, there is any difference between leaving a car locked and unlocked. I'll keep my Huracan unlocked, as I do the Italia, and see what happens. I do charge once weekly, as the 458 manual suggests.

Thanks again, best,

Andres

6. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    #6 abstamaria, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    On the assumption that this is still an unresolved technical issue (there seems no official recommendation from the factory), I decided to keep the Huracan unlocked. Also, I figured it is easier to deal with an unlocked car with a dead battery than with it locked. I will charge it every week though, using the CTEC charger I use on the other cars, rather than the Lamborghini charger.

Best,

Andres
    Image Unavailable, Please Login