Las Vegas Board | FerrariChat

Las Vegas Board

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by scotthpclv, Jul 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scotthpclv

scotthpclv Rookie

Nov 30, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott Howard
    Thank you for this board! I felt lost in the So. Cal board..

2. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    It was long overdue. This was #1 on my priority list when moving to Las Vegas last fall. Glad Rob could understand my concern that we were indeed lost in the huge "so cal" section and it wasn't helping us at all.
    Let's return the favor by subscribing everyone and let's make this section one to be proud of. We are an active club with great members.
    There are so many good things happening in Las Vegas with a great dealer to support us all.
    I will be posting several threads with news and upcoming events for us all to stay informed. I hope others will do the same.
    Thanks again Rob!

Stephane
    Scaledetails

3. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Visited since the late 60s, had my second home here since he early 80s, my home away from home. Glad this board is here so I can either participate or keep tabs on what's going on.

By the way, for you old schoolers, those that lived in this town at least 30 years and want to relive some memories, feel free to check out my twitter account @classiclasvegas

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #4 TheMayor, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    The Mayor welcomes this new board.:)

Moved here in 2005. Love it. Most know that I travel a lot on business. Whenever I travel, when I land in Las Vegas I have to smile.

When I travel around the world, people always ask me where I live. When I say "Las Vegas", people say "no way!" and tell me their best Las Vegas story. It never gets old. :)

When it comes to owning an exotic, there are few places better than Las Vegas. It's easy to get around town, there's fun places to drive without having to travel 2 hours in stop and go traffic, the cops wave at you and give you thumbs up, you don't need a front plate, you can valet park easily or find some hidden place away in huge parking lots with security cameras everywhere, and service is cheaper and first rate.

And, when you drive it, people take your picture and bring home their great memory of seeing a Ferrari on the street -- something they don't see back home.

Best of all, when you trade your car in you get to take the trade value off your sales taxes on the new car. Try that in California. :)

5. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    I can't get back fast enough...

Mark

6. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

Well said Mayor. I have to add the car culture here is incredible, and rivals that of Los Angeles, but without the traffic. I live just a few miles from the "Cars And Coffee" every Saturday, and the cars that show up are mind blowing. Add to that the best weather on the planet, what more could you ask for? Love it.

7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Do they still have Cars and Coffee? I have to stop by with the Alfa 4c. :)

8. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Yes, every Saturday (7 AM summer hours starting time) on Eastern Avenue. Salomon does such a great job, super nice guy and a true car lover.

9. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I'll pop down with the Alfa 4c on August 15th. Then I have to go to the DMV and renew my driver's license.

Ugh.... the DMV!!!

10. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Don't remind me. I need to go too, and they just stopped doing the Fastpass.

11. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Now... they say Fastpass was SLOWING up the DMV and its FASTER now.

To me that sounds like "jumbo shrimp". You put in a system to speed things up and it slows it down. How does that work? :)

12. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    LOL. I guess we'll both find out soon. ;)

13. 35550

35550 Rookie

Dec 10, 2007
  14. AMA328

AMA328 F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2002
    ABQ-67me68-OKC :)
    Wow, hadn't noticed the new Las Vegas section. When did this happen?

Good timing for me, as (hopefully) in the near future, I'll have mucho Vegas questions, as I'm wondering about either spending some real chunks of time there or possibly buying a place out there in the intermediate future. I'd like to get opinions/ideas from the Fchat Vegas-ives out there and will get some questions ready shortly...

15. jpk

jpk Formula Junior

Great post, Mayor.

And *thank you* for finally separating southern Nevada from California!

Nevada is *not* an extension of California, despite what those in California might believe! I mean, really, we all know Southern California is just an extension of Mexico! Please don't insult Las Vegas by lumping us into the west coast. I already get enough of being considered an extension of California up in Seattle. :)

16. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Gentlemen. North Carolina interloper here but frequent visitor and full time advocate for LAS. Happy to see the new LV Board and hope to contribute from time to time. Keith

17. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Looks like it will be a great board!!! Viva Las Vegas!

18. Spdrcrj

Spdrcrj Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    wow....great to have this section. Lived in Vegas for 2.5 years now and love it. Might be moving to a suburb of Chicago in a year or two but enjoying Vegas for the time being. Love saying I live in Las Vegas too. Hopefully this will be an active section with a lot of driving get together news.

19. Spdrcrj

Spdrcrj Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Had to make my 900th post in my home section. :)

20. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Congrats Jim!
    I'll post some driving events as soon as I get them in from the Ferrari club.

21. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Once you've lived in Vegas, where everything you could ever want is available 24 hours a day, it's really hard to live anywhere else. That's why I'm coming back!

:)

Mark

22. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

Makes perfect sense. I don't see how I could ever leave myself. :)

23. Will175

Will175 Rookie

Nov 21, 2012
    What color is your 4c? You dont by chance have a new gen viper as well would you?

24. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Anything fun going on over Labor Day? I'm going to be in town looking at housing from the 4th through the 7th.

Mark