Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA West > Las Vegas

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2017, 07:39 AM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Mark Severino
I'm more excited for Eataly. When we were still living in Milwaukee, we'd take the train to Chicago just to shop/eat there. It's an amazing place.

http://newsroom.mgmresorts.com/mgm-r...-las-vegas.htm

Mark
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 05-25-2017, 11:16 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Stephane
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker57676 View Post
I'm more excited for Eataly. When we were still living in Milwaukee, we'd take the train to Chicago just to shop/eat there. It's an amazing place.

Eataly to Open in Las Vegas | MGM Resorts International

Mark
Wow, can't wait to try it.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:23 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG2 View Post
If you end up going let us know what you think. I personally don't get it. I find it very bland but others seem to really like it. I do enjoy the atmosphere just not the steak. Tried it twice just in case I was unlucky the first time.
I am sure I will try it in the next week or so. I am not opposed to trying places I haven't before. I will let you know what I think.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:25 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMayor View Post
Just announced today... coming in Oct

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entert...g-to-park-mgm/

Chicago-based Bavette’s steakhouse coming to Park MGM
Quote:

Eataly to Open in Las Vegas | MGM Resorts International

Mark

I think both of those places will be on the to do list. That's one of the best things about living here is the food! Well and the shopping as my wife will tell you.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:24 PM
Five Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotaz View Post
I think both of those places will be on the to do list. That's one of the best things about living here is the food! Well and the shopping as my wife will tell you.

No the best thing is what they call "traffic" in Las Vegas would be called "clear sailing" in LA!
Old 05-26-2017, 09:35 AM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed

Quote:
No the best thing is what they call "traffic" in Las Vegas would be called "clear sailing" in LA!
It's funny how perceptions change from city to city. I was out in LV last week and did steak at Hank's in GVR one night since I have some friends who live nearby (great steak btw). Was chatting with the dealers throughout the day at Aria where I was staying and when I told them I was going to Hank's they all said something like "wow that's really far away and traffic is awful, make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get there." Come on now
Old 05-26-2017, 12:26 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
It's funny how perceptions change from city to city. I was out in LV last week and did steak at Hank's in GVR one night since I have some friends who live nearby (great steak btw). Was chatting with the dealers throughout the day at Aria where I was staying and when I told them I was going to Hank's they all said something like "wow that's really far away and traffic is awful, make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get there." Come on now
I do enjoy Hanks, it's been a while since the wife and I were there but the steaks were very good as I remember.

Like you say it's all perception. I travel to Northern and Southern California often so Vegas is a cake walk. I spend a lot of time driving for work and people think I am crazy when I say "It's only a 6 hour drive to Salt Lake, just a hop skip and a jump!" Driving anywhere around town is nothing.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:56 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

I went to "The Steak House" and the steaks were good. I would think some might not like it as they don't seem to use much if any seasoning, but the steaks themselves had great flavor. The Lobster was over cooked but it was a good meal over all. My wife really liked the steaks which shocked me as she loves Ruth Chris. The one thing I really like was the atmosphere as well as the non complicated menu. You don't need to make ordering dinner a complicated mess. Simplicity seems to be the best part of "The Steak Hose"
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-19-2017, 01:11 PM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Keith Hall
My Garage
Stay cool out there, Boys!
Old 06-19-2017, 02:15 PM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Mark Severino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelton Keith View Post
Stay cool out there, Boys!
What are you talking about? It was only 100 degrees when I met a client for a meeting at 9:00AM.

Mark
Old 06-19-2017, 04:18 PM
Five Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
What are you talking about? It was only 100 degrees when I met a client for a meeting at 9:00AM.

Mark
What I like to say is "if you think it's hot here today, Phoenix is WORSE!"
Old 06-20-2017, 01:33 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
What I like to say is "if you think it's hot here today, Phoenix is WORSE!"

Indeed! Our Phoenix office always lets me know that. They seem proud of the fact.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:39 PM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
I took off in a Southwest 737-700 for RDU several years back at 113 degrees and the Captain needed a Flaps 1 configuration and we still had about a full minute and 10,000 foot takeoff run.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:43 PM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Tom C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotaz View Post
Indeed! Our Phoenix office always lets me know that. They seem proud of the fact.

LOL. Our friends in Scottsdale have already texted us bragging about their 100+ breakfast temps. Crazy. Tis a balmy 90 here today.
T
Old Yesterday, 12:38 AM
F1 World Champ
Lifetime Rossa

Full Name: Israel Beiteinu
Where do you go for great breakfast tacos ? egg and potato. Walking distance of the Strip. It does not have to be a fancy place. Street vendor / taco truck ?
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Can't say that I have ever had a breakfast taco before. Sorry I can't be of help there.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old Today, 09:18 AM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
i may be wrong but I don't recall street vendor/ taco trucks anywhere near the strip...not welcomed.
Old Today, 01:25 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Stephane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelton Keith View Post
i may be wrong but I don't recall street vendor/ taco trucks anywhere near the strip...not welcomed.
There is one (Mexican food truck) at the corner of Vegas BLVD/Sahara, just before you get to the Stratosphere.
Always busy so it must be good.
Old Today, 02:03 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

I can recommend a good place for "New Mexican" food (off the strip.) I am so glad there is a place out here that understands what that is and that Green Chile comes from Hatch, NM. Being a NM native I don't have to miss out on my favorite foods!
Old Today, 02:04 PM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Tom C
Does the taco joint near the Wynn do breakfast? Wife and I had tacos there, and it was good. Can't recall the name. Assuming, of course, it's still in business. It's been about four or so years since we ate there.
T