Speed Vegas Accident | FerrariChat

Speed Vegas Accident

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by AndrewG2, Mar 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AndrewG2

AndrewG2 Karting

Feb 22, 2013
    Las Vegas NV
    Multiple factors contributed to fatal SpeedVegas crash, experts say | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Interesting story in the Review Journal about the Speed Vegas accident.

So looking at the map it looks like the Aventador went in and out of the gravel twice and still hit the wall hard enough for the instructor to die on impact. Was the driver standing on the gas pedal the entire time?

I understand the ownerships denial of a problem but what are the odds statistically that they would have a major accident so soon after opening.

On a side note its good to see the RJ do some investigative reporting. Maybe Adelson's ownership will be a good thing.

Andrew G

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yes I agree. This thing cannot happen again or the entire industry will be shut down which would be a very bad thing.

What I find shocking is that they had a used possibly salvaged car with aftermarket aero parts on it. The aero parts were not put on by them but still they did not return it to factory spec.

And it was a convertible. That to me is a no-no when you want to put amateurs in track cars.

Also --- no tire barriers on the walls?

This needs to be fixed. People love coming to Vegas to try exotics. I would hate for it to stop just because of a lack of common sense.